General Discussion

Fair enough.

I can agree to leave the title into the full name section , even though i would still say its not official.

For the wiki's purposes, Prima is official.

I was looking through some of my cards from the Mario Kart Wii, Galaxy and NSMBW sets so I was curious to go on the wiki and see if there was anything on it, and there are, but the Mario Kart Wii list is not in set list order. The NSMBW one is in set order so I don't see why the MKW can't be. I do have a poster with the official set list order and several cards if needed but I wanted some input on this.

do you have the baby luigi card? if so, is there a bio on there or something?

I don't see why not put it in the set order. Consistency is great.

I do have the Baby Luigi card. It says

"Uh oh, Baby Weegie time." This Light-weight is ready to show us what he is made of! If you work hard, you can unlock this lovable tot and his green & blue rides. Accomplishing that task is well worth the effort, because Baby Luigi offers a good dose of the thing that you can't get enough of in this game: Speed Bonus!

HOW TO UNLOCK:

• Unlock 8 Expert Staff Ghosts
OR
  • Win 1,000 Nintendo WFC Races
OR
  • Play 3,150 Games

Rides Available for Baby Luigi

Karts:
Standard Kart S
Booster Seat
Mini Beast
Cheep Charger
Tiny Titan
Blue Falcon

Bikes:
Standard Bike S
Bullet Bike
Bit Bike
Quacker
Magikruser
Jet Bubble

The other driver cards have a similar format.

E: Also how were the images collected? Were they scanned through a printer or was there some other method. Because I have several cards that don't have pictures in the gallery

OMG thanks for the bio! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ I think I'd love to have Mario's and Baby Mario's bio as well, but I can't really thank you enough for it. I've been wondering for ages where I can get those trading card bios from ever since i read Luigi's one but no other character's. You can also add them to the main trading article as well, similar to how Super Sluggers did it.

I think the images were collected from an online image repository but scanning them works if there aren't any.

Sure

Baby Mario said:
Baby Mario may be a small, but he can make good things happen in a Kart. He's got things buckled down in the Lightweight division, and this is not his first foray 'round the track. Whether he is drifting on his custom Bullet Bike, or speeding to victory in his Blue Falcon, this little imp should not be underestimated!

HOW TO UNLOCK:

• Baby Mario is already unlocked in this game

Rides Available for Baby Mario

Karts:
Standard Kart S
Booster Seat
Mini Beast
Cheep Charger
Tiny Titan
Blue Falcon

Bikes:
Standard Bike S
Bullet Bike
Bit Bike
Quacker
Magikruser
Jet Bubble

Mario said:
Here we go! Mario is ready to put the pedal to the metal. He's a Middle-weight driver with plenty of drive. Take a spin as Mario with custom matched red and blue Karts and Bikes. Mario Circuit, his signature course, will take you around the castle grounds. Don't let the Goombas and Chain Chomps spoil your visit.

HOW TO UNLOCK:

• Mario is already unlocked in this game

Rides available for Mario

Karts:
Standard Kart M
Classic Dragster
Wild Wing
Super Blooper
Daytripper
Sprinter

Bikes:
Standard Bike M
Mach Bike
Sugarscoot
Zip Zip
Dolphin Dasher
Sneakster

Bowser said:
A.K.A. "King of the Koppas," Bowser is the persistent thorn in Mario's side. The proverbial fly in his ointment, if you will. He's now outdone himself with a newly designed track in his castle. Lava, flames, cannonballs and spiked Thwomps--the stuff dreams are made of...

HOW TO UNLOCK:

• Bowser is already unlocked in this game

Rides available for Bowser

Karts:
Standard Kart L
Offroader
Flame Flyer
Piranha prowler
Jetsetter
Honeycoupe

Bikes:
Standard Bike L
Flame Runner
Wario Bike
Shooting Star
Spear
Phantom

I do.

Normally deriving power from smaller Boos that surround him, King Boo goes solo in Mario Kart Wii. We're not sure how he operates his Kart, but you'll quickly find out if he has fine motor skills-he'll likely be one of the first drivers that you unlock.

HOW TO UNLOCK:

• 50cc: 1st Place Star Cup
OR
  • Play 750 races

Rides available for King Boo

Karts:
Standard Kart L
Offroader
Flame Flyer
Piranha prowler
Jetsetter
Honeycoupe

Bikes:
Standard Bike L
Flame Runner
Wario Bike
Shooting Star
Spear
Phantom

If anyone wants any more I guess I can just put the bios in for the character statistics later, I have all the drivers except Peach and Bowser Jr.

Ix said:
I was looking through some of my cards from the Mario Kart Wii, Galaxy and NSMBW sets so I was curious to go on the wiki and see if there was anything on it, and there are, but the Mario Kart Wii list is not in set list order. The NSMBW one is in set order so I don't see why the MKW can't be. I do have a poster with the official set list order and several cards if needed but I wanted some input on this.

Hey, I have a few from MKWii and Galaxy as well! Cool! Maybe I should go through the wiki and see what I can add, too (if anything. Everything's probably covered already).

Are there any that you're missing from the first two sets? I probably don't have them, but I wanna see. :)

I have pretty much nothing from the Galaxy set, I only have Ray, Boo Mushroom, Spooky Speedster, Kamella, Megaleg, Piece of CCake, A Snack of Cosmic Proportions, Bouncing Down Cake Lane, and the Rainbow Mario Standee.

My MKWii and NSMBW sets are almost complete.

For MKW I'm missing ((not counting both foils and nonfoils, if its not listed i have one or the other or both), funtats, or deluxe stickers):
Drivers:
7. Peach
19. Bowser Jr

Items:
none

Karts:
46. Flame Flyer

Cups:
none

Tracks:
64. Wario's Gold Mine
72. N64 Bowser's Castle

Tips & Trivia:
73. Start Your Engines
74. Carve that Corner
85. Speed Combos
88. Time For Shortcuts
90. Lakitu The Unsung Hero

that's only 11/90 I need so I'm pretty happy that I was able to collect so many when I did.

NSMBW (I'm making the distinction between foils this time):

Heroes:
I have all foils in this category, but I do not have regular versions of Peach or Yoshi

Bosses:
I have all foils in this category, but I do not have regular versions of Larry, Wendy or Lemmy (the foils in this category do not have bios it's a puzzle piece instead).

Enemies:
I have all regular versions in this category, and I have all foil versions in this category as well (the foils do not have bios it's a different puzzle)

Items:
I have everything in this category

Locations:
I only need 51. World 5

Tips and Trivia:
I have all card in this category

Standees:
I have all of them

Foils (this is for cards that are only foil, the backside is a puzzle piece, and there are no nonfoil versions of them):
I need these
F25. Propeller Blue Toad
F29. Fire Mario
F32. Mario and Propeller Luigi

Gold Foils:
I only have F34. Mario, F39. Peach, and F40. Yoshi

If anyone wants me to put the bios for enemies in the NSMBW set that might not have it I can. One example is this

Chain Chomp said:
These guys are so mean they have to be chained up! Chain Chomps act much like bad-tempered dogs on leashes. They will sniff out their prey and attack without warning. Tease these Chompers and get them to attack and get out of their way! Chain Chomps always need some recovery time, which allows you to pass by

Oh, it seems I do have a few you don't. Sorry, that's not supposed to sound bragging :P

For Mario Galaxy
Luigi
Bugaboom
Pokey
Ice Flower
Fire Mario
Mario (Star-Spin)
The checklist with the Mario bosses (holographic)

For Mario Kart Wii
Dry Bones (regular and holographic)
Diddy Kong (regular and holographic)
King Boo
Bullet Bill
Triple Red Shells
Mega Mushroom
Tiny Titan
Flame Flyer
Sneakster
Flower Cup
Star Cup
Lightning Cup
Moo Moo Meadows
Wario's Gold Mine
Grumble Volcano
Moonview Highway
Rainbow Road
Start your Engines!
Crave the Corner!
Speed Combos!
Become a Drift King!
Wario Sticker
Mario & Bob-omb tat
Bullet Bill tat

I've never met anyone else who had these, haha.

I've been going around the wiki and updating the pages with the card infos as well.

EDIT: I have two Flame Flyers if you want one, though I'm not sure how to get it to you.

I thought I would collect some opinion before spending more time on this:

http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Megadardery/2&oldid=2081383

I have always despised the glitch pages, no matter how much work we put into them, they just never look as professional as other articles. They usually seems like a list of random unorganized non-monitored glitches. I think this revision would fix this problem, just that it is extremely time-consuming to create. Thoughts? Should I put a few more glitches in this form?

PS: too early for a proposal, I would do it, if I at least have a full page of glitches fully drafted.

Reboot made a color proposal thing and the only thing I support about it is abolishing color links from nav templates. Otherwise, having a proposal dealing with a broad problem is, I feel, not the best solution: a lot of the color problems stem from not knowing about color-theory, specific types of formatting, and whatnot. I think it's better to deal with it on a case-by-case purpose.

Baby Luigi said:
Reboot made a color proposal thing and the only thing I support about it is abolishing color links from nav templates. Otherwise, having a proposal dealing with a broad problem is, I feel, not the best solution: a lot of the color problems stem from not knowing about color-theory, specific types of formatting, and whatnot. I think it's better to deal with it on a case-by-case purpose.
Before initiating his proposal, Reboot had already removed several instances of color-links in navigation templates (based on illegibility and inconsistency with other series templates). The Coloration section (MarioWiki:Navigation_templates#Colouration) on our navigation template policy states that font color may be changed to white if the template's headers don't appear legible when using the default black, and only black or white text may be used for the headers. And plain, blue links are used for the actual lists alongside each header. So no decision of a proposal is necessary to decide on removing colored nav template links: we just need to enforce it.

As for the other arguments in the proposal, I agree with arguments on both sides. There's situations where I'm against it (coloring text by character within paragraphs for no good reason), and some situations are logical to color text (LGM's example of how Fawful refers to each brother by using colors, during certain attacks in battle). So I think case-by-case is the best approach here.

[quote author=Leaping Lizards, page 1]"Look out below!" Luigi yells. He dives head first into the Central Pipe that sticks up from the floor of the Mario Bros. plumbing workshop. Tumbling through steamy darkness, he passes dripping faucets, hissing valves and the glowing red eyes of wayward alligators. In minutes, he plunges from the Brooklyn plumbing shop to the Mushroom Kingdom, deep below the surface of the Earth.[/quote]

Technically, there's no such thing as canon, but how much weight does a fifth-rate source actually have?

Enough to be given a mention. But not enough to override other, more established information.

Baby Luigi said:
Question, is Template:MK Players really necessary? No other game series with a large roster of playable characters has a template like this, and its purpose is made redundant by respective Mario Kart games nav templates and the big Mario Franchise template. I think we should either delete it or create Template:MP Players, Template: MT Players, Template: MG Players, etc. to match with the consistency and the latter route is a route I don't like.
YoshiKong said:
Time Turner said:
With this in mind, can we also talk about Template:MK? It covers the Mario Kart items and has all of the same issues as the MK Players template, except that all of the items have been excluded from the main templates for some reason. There aren't that many items, so they can easily fit into the main templates without any issue. I support completely scrapping it.
Lol, literally everything about this template is against policy.
  • It has substituted the corresponding sections in the game-specific templates.
  • It re-lists entries when they re-appear in later titles.
  • On the item articles, the template replaces all game-specific templates.
Once these issues are corrected, the template may be deleted.
BL's taken care of the Players template, and I've taken care of the MK template.

Baby Luigi said:
Well one more question, is Template:Racecourses and Template:Battlecourses in the same vein? I find them more useful than say MK Players but they essentially do the same thing as MK Players.
Those two are fine to keep.

"Racecourses" is being used as an example of what types of series-wide templates are acceptable. Unlike "MK Players" which got deleted, "Racecourses" and "Battlecourses" do not re-list subjects when they appear in later titles (Battle Course 1 (GBA) and Battle Course 1 (SNES) are different, and only new courses are listed for every new game). And other aspects of the two templates you mentioned are in line with policy, like it hasn't replaced the relevant sections on the game template, or replaced the game templates on the course pages.

Back