Riivolution help with replacing files?

Re: Request: Brawl SFX replacement?

I just noticed King Dedede now cusses. I guess one of the files I downloaded wasn't clean after all

Not that I care too much

You can download a clean .brsar LINK VERY REMOVED .

You should definite use LINK VERY REMOVED for any clean files you want. I find it really useful.

So I added some songs from Brawlcustommusic.com and custom stages Ultimate Show over Final Destination and Bowser's Castle over Battlefield, added them and now every time I click "Brawl" in the main menu it freezes. Why would this be? I know for a fact the Ultimate Show stage works because I used it in PM, and I am able to go into My Music and play all the songs fine. Bowser's Castle is the only one I doubted, but it still freezes after I removed that. I have absolutely no idea what happened, since it was working fine before.

Did it happen just after you add those stages?

Never mind, I found the problem, it was the common5_en file. For some reason if I edit that at all it freezes. But I think there is one elsewhere so I'll try and edit that one instead of the one in System.

OK, now I'm pissed. I put the sc_selcharacter_en, sc_selcharacter2_en and sc_selmap_en files in the menu2 folder, and modified them, and what do you know? On character select nothing changed (it should have) and it froze on stage select. What the hell would the problem be this time?

So my links are removed because they apparently violate the ISO rom rule. No worries. I can just PM you the link instead.

You need the common file that contains it (I forgot its number) in the system folder as well.

I already bookmarked them anyway. Although I might like one for Mario Kart Wii later on.

There is no data partition for Mario Kart Wii if I recall correctly. You'd have to download the ISO yourself (somewhere over the rainbow) and use either Wiiscrubber or Dolphin Emulator to extract the files

Baby Luigi said:
You need the common file that contains it (I forgot its number) in the system folder as well.
My edits still aren't showing up, although it doesn't freeze anymore.

So I have come across another problem...
I downloaded this set of Bowser's Inside Story voices, and tried to replace one of Bowser's Brawl voice clips with him saying "Showtime!"

But when I try to replace it it always says "Brawlbox has encountered a problem and needs to close." Is there something wrong with these wav files?

Try making the frequency the same as the original?

I don't know how to do that. I never like to touch those settings because I'm afraid I'll screw up the whole file and have to start over.

Do you use Audacity?

Are you using Super Sawndz to replace the SFX? Because you actually need seperate files to convert the WAV files.

Baby Luigi said:
Do you use Audacity?
I have it, but what I did was import the WAV file into Adobe Premiere and then saved it as a WAV, then it worked. But I can't replace the sound effect of Bowser entering the stage, or else Bowser is completely silent for some reason (he loses all sfx)
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
Are you using Super Sawndz to replace the SFX? Because you actually need seperate files to convert the WAV files.
No, I'm using BrawlBox.

Use Super Sawndz. It's much easier to replace SFX, and you can preview all the effects. Though for converting WAV files, you need sndconv.exe, dsptool.dll and soundfile.dll in the same folder. (They're all found in Nintendo's leaked SDK.)

I tried Super Sawndz and it was more confusing for me, while the newest BrawlBox lets you replace SFX as easily as character portraits and such. I got Bowser to go "Noooo" when he dies (and Wario says "Doh I missed") but I can't edit character entry SFX or said character loses all SFX (at least Bowser does, haven't tested it on other characters)

They lose all their SFX because the file size is too big for the character. The max value is usually D0000 before they silence their voices. Usually, too large frequency or length of voices are the problem, and I think your problem is the frequency.

On Audacity, there's a button called "Project Rate (Hz)" on the bottom left corner, which means project frequency. Change that value to match the original value seen in BrawlBox

OK, so I didn't think it was worth making a completely new topic for, so I'll ask it here. What files do I need on my SD Card to use custom music on Mario Kart Wii? I downloaded the BRSTM for Antasma's theme and want to replace the title screen/main menu music with it. On my SD Card root I added a "mkw" folder, with a "My Stuff" folder inside that, because that's what the guy on YouTube had. In this folder I put the brstm and revo_kart.brsar. I am hoping the options brstm is the right song, I couldn't find a menu or title brstm name. Anyway nothing pops up on Riivolution when I boot it up, and the custom music is not there (nor in the Options menu, I tried there too)

^Never mind the above, I got it working. Are there any custom tracks I can download by themselves (not part of a pack)?
Also if anyone has the time I'd like to learn how to texture hack characters.

You can download custom tracks from this site, click one of them links in the "Track Directory" box on the main page.

For texture hacking tracks you'll need a SZS Modifier and original character files first.

For texture replacing that need transparency, I suggest this SZS Modifier.
Original character/vehicles can be found on the disc in /Race/Kart. Name formats for those files can be found in this handy list.

Does the SZS modifier require a certain version of Windows? Because I have a Windows 8 laptop and the program just stays on the introduction window that shows Mario, a Goomba and Lakitu. Stays there forever, doesn't actually load the program.

Or does it just take a reeeally long time to load?

LakituderSchnell said:
Shouldn't take that long, no, I'm using W7 and it works perfectly fine. Maybe try compatability mode.
Never mind, I just needed to reboot.

And I'm using Riivolution to load the files from my SD card, I don't know how to actually get files from the MKW disc. Last time I tried, I found out my computer can't load Wii discs. I have a new computer now, but I still don't really know how to get files from it without messing up the disc.

I downloaded a Dark Bowser texture hack from Mariokartwii.com, but I don't know how to make his icon change (the zip file apparently contained custom icons but I don't know where to put them), plus Mario and Luigi for some reason look like Mr. M and Mr. L (with black hats) on the select screen, but normal during races. This may be due to the Driver.szs and Award.szs files I found online and downloaded. I also requested a Fawful model hack over Toad, Koopa or Dry Bones on Mariokartwii.com but I don't know how to use those if anyone acutally does it.

Back