Xanthium said:
how does an egg boil?

When the state of matter in the yolk reaches its boiling point of course

And chemical reactions take place.

the water in the egg boils before the yolk
and how long it takes depends on how hot your pot is

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
oh dear god my parents still think vaccines might give you autism

i mean, they would never hold me or my sister back from getting a vaccine, but wow

i'm not even usually one to criticize my parents, i just wish that they'd listen to me when i tell them it's from a medical journal in 98 that was discredited with fraud
i was finally able to convince a coworker that vaccines don't cause autism

even if vaccines did cause autism, which they clearly don't, why would people care? it's isn't a harmful condition by itself, and i'd rather be stuck with autism than tuberculosis or something

And I'm Javert said:
it's isn't a harmful condition by itself
Yeah no. I am going to disagree with you. For one thing, it sort of makes a difference on what kind of autism you get. High functioning autism is not as bad, because the person who has it usually has a high IQ. But for those who get the short stick in life and have low function autism, that freaking sucks. I have been around a lot of low functioning autistic kids, and having that particular disorder on that side of the spectrum sucks. Most of them, their life is doomed to not amounting to anything because their disorder prevents it.

ok, sorry, i retract that statement.

i meant to imply is that it's not an illness, not in the same way most vaccinated diseases are. yes, it sucks, yes it hinders your capability to function in normal society, but ultimately it's just a way your brain is wired incorrectly. you can't get sick or die from autism.

if i fucked up the wording of that and made it sound like there's no negatives with the condition at all, as a person who has also worked with low-functioning autistic kids i'm sincerely sorry about that.

as someone with high functioning autism I can say that I don't feel it has negatively affected me, if I don't want to socialize than I don't mind that because its what I want

I find it very insulting to categorize mental conditions as an "illness".

Especially when they say ADHD is a "disease"

Diseases are usually caused by pathogenic causes. ADHD is NOT a pathogenic cause. Neither is autism.

And I'm Javert said:

i meant to imply is that it's not an illness, not in the same way most vaccinated diseases are. yes, it sucks, yes it hinders your capability to function in normal society, but ultimately it's just a way your brain is wired incorrectly. you can't get sick or die from autism.

if i fucked up the wording of that and made it sound like there's no negatives with the condition at all, as a person who has also worked with low-functioning autistic kids i'm sincerely sorry about that.
personally of all my organs, the one i'd most want to protect is my brain

just throwing that out there

And I'm Javert said:

if i *bleep*ed up the wording of that and made it sound like there's no negatives with the condition at all, as a person who has also worked with low-functioning autistic kids i'm sincerely sorry about that.
I disagree to an extent.

It's not how the brain is wired that gives you problems, it's how you deal with society and expectations that defines a mental disorder. ADHD is very apparent in school and home, but if you're, say, in the wild, it pretty much "disappears".

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
no, i'd rather have tb then never be able to express myself to other people
If you think that's what autism is, try reading a book sometime.

That's not going to happen. The Large Hardon Collider stimulates the colliding of atoms during the big bang to find the Higg's Boson. It's not undergoing nuclear fission or anything.

Baby Luigi said:
That's not going to happen. The Large Hardon Collider stimulates the colliding of atoms during the big bang to find the Higg's Boson. It's not undergoing nuclear fission or anything.
Hm. Wouldnt it be awsome if it created a nano scale galaxy?

Define what the hell a "nano-scale" galaxy is. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

to be fair his question is "wouldn't it be awesome" not "what if"

and it would be pretty awesome if it made a teeny tiny galaxy, not that it could ever happen

Baby Luigi said:
Define what the hell a "nano-scale" galaxy is. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
Doesnt the LHC recreate the big bang at a nano scale. I know this Idea is all scifi still wouldn't it be cool if it made an explosion that recreated the galaxy at a nano scale.

first of all, the majority of the galaxy is just empty space

then a TINY fraction is stars, clouds, and crap like that

Second, a simulation of a galaxy via holograms would be good enough to create a "microgalaxy" or somethin like that

Baby Luigi said:
first of all, the majority of the galaxy is just empty space

then a TINY fraction is stars, clouds, and crap like that

Second, a simulation of a galaxy via holograms would be good enough to create a "microgalaxy" or somethin like that
Their are clouds in space?

Dust clouds, yes. Haven't you seen pics of nebulas?

Pillars-of-Creation.jpg

these dust clouds get compressed by gravity and create stars, then they make planets

Back