The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Re: Zelda (Wii U)

Lapis Lazuli said:
Master of the House said:
Lapis Lazuli said:
Mario Party Σ said:
But, Barlw paled when it comes to game-play, which is the meat and potatoes of these games.

the gameplay difference is not that drastic.
Pfft.

Good one.

Well, I'm sorry that your melee goggles are too tight on your face. Just because it isn't melee doesn't mean it automatically makes it terrible. It's a lot different, and different physics, but I stand by my statement and acting like it's not a valid point shows that you can't overlook the fact that Brawl was more than floaty physics.
You misunderstood my post. I was laughing about how you thought the gameplay difference was not that drastic. Play a few games of Melee or PM then shift to Brawl. It feels like a bouncy house on the moon. I don't care which style you prefer, but saying that difference in game play isn't that big is just wrong.

Lapis Lazuli said:
Master of the House said:
Lapis Lazuli said:
Mario Party Σ said:
But, Barlw paled when it comes to game-play, which is the meat and potatoes of these games.

the gameplay difference is not that drastic.
Pfft.

Good one.

Well, I'm sorry that your melee goggles are too tight on your face. Just because it isn't melee doesn't mean it automatically makes it terrible. It's a lot different, and different physics, but I stand by my statement and acting like it's not a valid point shows that you can't overlook the fact that Brawl was more than floaty physics.
Now you don't even know what you're talking about, now accusing us of having rose-tinted Meele goggles. Not to mention a complete strawman of "it's not Meele, so it's automatically terrible". I'm the only one who said Meele is superior to Barlw. I can give you an entire essay on why Barlw skimped on the competitive play, but this isn't the thread for this. Hell, I can go beyond gameplay mechanics, going further into the AI programming, the stage hazards, the items, the tripping, that crap, that bog down the casual gameplay as well. I'm, like, quasi casual competitive as well.

I really wonder how much you actually know about the game.

See? I told you it wasn't shown at E3

I dunno. Next direct? 6 months from now? Never?

GalacticPetey said:
Man, when are we gonna get more news on this game?

Well, Nintendo had a trailer prepared to show off, but they felt that if they showed it off at E3, it would have only made fans frustrated at the fact that it only will be longer before the game comes out.

Even though it's more frustrating not knowing anything new since that little playthrough they had of the game and even then it wasn't that great since we could barely see anything interesting. Like, I rather go down the Twilight Princess path where we got tidbits of information over the 2 1/2 years from when they first announced it than to be more like Skyward Sword where we barely got anything for the 1 1/2 years until like the last 1/2 year of it's development.

Lumastar said:
I hope they at least give us something notable before the end of the year.

Most likely in the fall, around September to November we'll see some more news about the game. I'm expecting the game to come out next fall in November to keep up with the traditions of the last two main 3D Zelda games. That, or they'll throw a curveball and give it to us before next year's E3, but the fact that they were against showing it to us this E3, I have a feeling I may be close to the truth.

At least it'll be the 30th anniversary of Zelda, so we'll probably have something cool. Maybe a remain like OoT 3D when they had the 25th Anniversary. It will be the 10th Anniversary of Twilight Princess, so we may be in for a surprise there. Man, my favorite Zelda in HD...

If they did a remake of Twilight Princess then we would have remakes of every 3D Zelda but Skyward Sword this generation.

I personally hope they focus on another anniversary next year, but I doubt they will ignore the Zelda series's 30th. What if they follow up on Mario Maker with Zelda Maker. Styles could include TLoZ, ALttP, FS(A), and ALBW.

Lumastar said:
If they did a remake of Twilight Princess then we would have remakes of every 3D Zelda but Skyward Sword this generation.

I personally hope they focus on another anniversary next year, but I doubt they will ignore the Zelda series's 30th. What if they follow up on Mario Maker with Zelda Maker. Styles could include TLoZ, ALttP, FS(A), and ALBW.

I doubt it, or else they would have talked about it at this year's E3. Besides, I think it would be a bit harder to incorporate into working, though I do think the style choices would be at least 3 of those (probably not FS(A) though).

I mean, it is Metroid's anniversary next year as well, but Zelda is kind of a bigger deal than Metroid, so they'll probably choose to not talk about it, again. At least a new Metroid game is coming out, even though people don't really...agree with it.

I think this is the right thread.

This game is pushed further to 2017, going to be for both Wii U and NX now.

ahahaha better change that title.

Re: Zelda (Wii U / NX)

I mean it felt pretty obvious by the second delay, to me at least, that they were going to pull a Twilight Princess and release the game on NX as well, but to delay it to 2017 and to make it the sole focus (supposedly, I really hope that shit isn't true) of their E3 this year...just...what?

I know I've been officially banned from this thread for complaining (tm) but

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i hope you guys like this game because nintendo says they're not going to have any other playable games at e3

Part of me is so excited to finally see Zelda again after how long it's been.

The other parts are super pissed off that it is delayed again. WWHD, TPHD, MM3D, TFH, and HW can only prolong it for so long.

Well, the NX port was obvious, but it's still sad to learn it when Nintendo has kept saying this is a Wii U exclusive.

i couldnt care less about the slight delay either (knowing what miyamoto said), all i have cared about is that fact that we'll finally find out more about this game and the fact that it's coming.

Cirdec said:
Well, the NX port was obvious, but it's still sad to learn it when Nintendo has kept saying this is a Wii U exclusive.
how is it being on NX sad? it's a very good thing from both a consumer and business prospective.

Myrmidon NSY said:
Cirdec said:
how is it being on NX sad? it's a very good thing from both a consumer and business prospective.

I mean that's sad they didn't respect their promise, after telling so many times it would be Wii U exclusive.

Nintendo says that they're delaying the game to improve its quality. All I can say is that if it's taking this long, this game had better not be anything short of a masterpiece.

Cirdec said:
Myrmidon NSY said:
Cirdec said:

I mean that's sad they didn't respect their promise, after telling so many times it would be Wii U exclusive.
No. They simply said it was still coming to Wii U, Miyamoto himself said that. This fact is still true. They didn't mention it staying exclusive.

It's like Twilight Princess came out ten years ago like that. If they did not port it to the Wii, then it wouldn't be successful and only sell about a million copies or so.

*crickets chirping*

One week left until more Zelda U footage. Better get ready to discuss in this thread (or the E3 2016 thread or the Nintendo News thread) when the Treehouse footage goes live.

Back