Sly Cooper (2016 movie)

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Re: Sly Cooper (2016n movie)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
sly and murray look a little off tbh
buuut if this raises the chances of another sly game being made, then i won't complain

edit: also that website is for the ratchet and clank movie, i don't see anything about this one

Re: Sly Cooper (2016n movie)

oops

yeah sorry

the current website for this movie is down, i'll post it when it's up

HOORAY! Another shitty video game movie!

When will Hollywood learn? Video games don't translate to movies.

It's not that they don't translate, it's just that the translators tend to do a horrible job at it.

The Robot Masters said:
HOORAY! Another shitty video game movie!

When will Hollywood learn? Video games don't translate to movies.

and thus im the only one that enjoyed mortal kombat and super mario bros movies

i thought super mario bros was good in a so bad it's funny way

it had potential as a movie, but it ruined itself by trying to pretend it's related to super mario bros and by not taking itself seriously

the same could be said with book movies
theres just more book movies, so more of them turn out well

I think the terrible video game adaptions such as Super Mario Bros. movie played a role into steering potential good directors (and animators) away from making a decent movie. Video games have a good base to work on to make a movie, but people continuously botch adaptions because they continue ignoring the source material.

I guess there are some I could see becoming movies.
I'd enjoy a movie of Super Paper Mario, for instance.

I could see Zelda being a good movie

of all the video game movies, the only good one that comes to mind is Tomb Raider

I'm mixed about Link having a personality. One one hand, yeah, it's tradition. On the other hand, in a more modern period, people expect relateable characters, and the reason Link is silent is that he is an avatar representing the player's feelings, something you can't really translate into a film.

link does have a personality, he just doesn't have any actual lines in the game. i think the games have shown that he's a huge dork who values close relationships and wants to do whatever he can to save what he loves

fun fact: a zelda movie was in consideration for a while, and there was even a short cgi clip showing the direction they were going in

Back