Recomend me some Nintendo eShop games

Revin

Ace Captain
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
ok, so i put about $50 onto my eshop account, with the intent of buying some games for the wii u and 3ds, but after i got a few, i realised that i wasn't quite sure what to spend the rest on. so i figured i would ask you guys for some recomendations

i've got about $18.28 leftover right now, so basically you can recomend any games as long as they're under that amount of money.
also the eshop is north american so keep that in mind when you're thinking about the prices

download games i already have for 3ds:
VVVVVV
Pushmo
Crashmo
Mega Man III
Shantae
Shantae Risky's Revenge
Mighty Switch Force 2
Gunman Clive
Mole Mania
Bit.Trip Saga
SteamWorld Dig

download games i have for wii u:
Super Mario World
Mega Man X2
NES Remix
Ducktales: Remastered

What type of games do you like?

PlayStation 4 said:
Download EarthBound

But if what if he (or she, I didn't look at your profile) doesn't like RPG's that much

well said person didnt really show any restrictions on genres though.

Personally i think mother 2 is shit, but i guess if you dont mind a more boring turn based rpg then go for it.

I would suggest Chibi Robo Photo Finder. However, beware, it is a casual game. By casual, I mean it isn't made to be played for hours on in. However, it does make good use of the 3DS's features and it is very fun to play and actually gives a reason to take your 3DS with you.

chillv said:
What type of games do you like?

i think i'm pretty open to most things, although i haven't had much exposure to fighting or beat-em-up games so those i probably won't try just yet

PlayStation 4 said:
Download EarthBound

i've already played and beaten earthbound, and i don't feel like playing it again so i'm going to have to say no to that one, sorry

chillv said:
I would suggest Chibi Robo Photo Finder. However, beware, it is a casual game. By casual, I mean it isn't made to be played for hours on in. However, it does make good use of the 3DS's features and it is very fun to play and actually gives a reason to take your 3DS with you.

hmmm, i'm not sure. i was considering it, but idk i played the demo and it was kinda boring, although maybe that's because there was really nothing you could do to progress after you'd unlocked the kitchen

I've heard some good things about Dillon's Rolling Western

Actually, I'm wondering if I should pick it up, too.

Get Link's Awakening DX for the 3DS, it's pretty fun, along with Cave Story if you don't have it. For the Wii U I'd recommend Super Metroid and the original Mega Man X if you haven't played them.

Xpike said:
Get Link's Awakening DX for the 3DS, it's pretty fun, along with Cave Story if you don't have it. For the Wii U I'd recommend Super Metroid and the original Mega Man X if you haven't played them.

is Link's Awakening reasonably easy for beginners? i haven't really played much zelda apart from some of OoT and LTTP, so i don't really know how difficult the games are
i've got cave story 3d, so unless there's something good in this version that justifies the $10 then i think i'll pass
super metriod is something i'll consider. i've been playing zero mission and it's pretty fun so far (although i've been playing it on easy mode so maybe if i get super metriod i might have a bit more trouble haha)
i've only just bought Mega Man X2 (haven't even started it yet), so i think for now i might pass on MMX

Rei Hino said:
I've heard some good things about Dillon's Rolling Western

Actually, I'm wondering if I should pick it up, too.

i've heard some good things about it too, but i wonder whether it would be better to try and get the sequel since that's probably more polished and has more features?

Hotaru Tomoe said:
chillv said:

hmmm, i'm not sure. i was considering it, but idk i played the demo and it was kinda boring, although maybe that's because there was really nothing you could do to progress after you'd unlocked the kitchen

You're right, the actual game is much more fun. However, like I said, it is meant to be played in moderate playsessions. Meaning that you will get bored if you play it for too long each day, but you will know when to stop anyway.

hmm, ok. i probably have enough other games that i would be able to only have moderate playsessions with it and still have something to do, but idk i'll think about it

Hotaru Tomoe said:
Xpike said:

is Link's Awakening reasonably easy for beginners? i haven't really played much zelda apart from some of OoT and LTTP, so i don't really know how difficult the games are
i've got cave story 3d, so unless there's something good in this version that justifies the $10 then i think i'll pass
super metriod is something i'll consider. i've been playing zero mission and it's pretty fun so far (although i've been playing it on easy mode so maybe if i get super metriod i might have a bit more trouble haha)
i've only just bought Mega Man X2 (haven't even started it yet), so i think for now i might pass on MMX
yeah Link's Awakening is easy enough for a Zelda game.
If you already got another version of Cave Story then it's fine, you're not missing out.
Super Metroid is not really a hard game, but you may get lost in some moments, that's why I'd recommend googling a map of it.

hmm, alright, thanks for the suggestions!

i'll wait a while longer to see if anyone else has any suggestions, and then i'll make my choice

Hotaru Tomoe said:
i've heard some good things about it too, but i wonder whether it would be better to try and get the sequel since that's probably more polished and has more features?
Yeah I'd recommend skipping the first one, personally. The sequel looks a little better, has more bells and whistles, and runs a little smoother. Also it has the squid assassin which is incredibly badass.

I was considering making this thread, but I'll just mooch off some of your 3DS suggestions instead, then.

If you like strategy games, Dillon's Rolling Western is a really good one to get. If you like that game, you'll probably also like the sequel, The Last Ranger, though I've only played the vast majority of the former so I can't say much about it.

It's also fairly cheap for such a good game, being under £10 for me, so probably around £10 for you.

Mienfoo said:
Hotaru Tomoe said:
Yeah I'd recommend skipping the first one, personally. The sequel looks a little better, has more bells and whistles, and runs a little smoother. Also it has the squid assassin which is incredibly badass.

hmm, ok then

Glaceon said:
If you like strategy games, Dillon's Rolling Western is a really good one to get. If you like that game, you'll probably also like the sequel, The Last Ranger, though I've only played the vast majority of the former so I can't say much about it.

It's also fairly cheap for such a good game, being under £10 for me, so probably around £10 for you.

i haven't really had much exposure to tower defense games, so that's the main reason i haven't got it yet, even though it's been out for a while. but if i have enough money i think i might try to get it this time

anyway, thanks for your suggestions, everyone! even if i don't get some of them now, i'll probably pick them up sometime later along the line

Hotaru Tomoe said:
Glaceon said:

i haven't really had much exposure to tower defense games, so that's the main reason i haven't got it yet, even though it's been out for a while. but if i have enough money i think i might try to get it this time

Me neither, but the way tower defence works in this game still appealed to me, probably because there's not much emphasis on tower defence (it's more like an optional side mechanic), so that shouldn't be too much of a problem anyway.

Castlevania

I would recommend ever Wario Land game and the 2 Super Mario Land games as well as the Donkey Kong game for the gb

so i decided to go with dillon's rolling western, super metroid, and link's awakening dx. haven't got too far into any of them, but they seem like good choices

you guys can still feel free to keep suggesting, tho, and i'll consider getting them sometime later down the line

Glaceon said:
Me neither, but the way tower defence works in this game still appealed to me, probably because there's not much emphasis on tower defence (it's more like an optional side mechanic), so that shouldn't be too much of a problem anyway.

hmm, alright then. i've only finished the first day so far, and i didn't need to build anything, although i was assuming that was mostly because it was the first day and they didn't want to force too much on you while you're still learning

Chuck Ballymoo said:
Castlevania

so... how about an elaboration on what it's about and why i should get it?

MeltdownKP1 said:
Metroid. Metroid 2: Return of Samus. Super Metroid.

Your life is complete.

already got super metriod, so for now i'll wait until i finish it before i go getting any more in the series

Refrigerator Kirby said:
I would recommend ever Wario Land game and the 2 Super Mario Land games as well as the Donkey Kong game for the gb

i'll make sure to remember all of those when i next want to buy something on the eShop (although i think i actually have the first super mario land on cartridge, so i might give that one a miss)

Hotaru Tomoe said:
Glaceon said:

hmm, alright then. i've only finished the first day so far, and i didn't need to build anything, although i was assuming that was mostly because it was the first day and they didn't want to force too much on you while you're still learning

Yeah, the first town in general is pretty soft on you with building stuff. Later on building is a necessity if you want good speed ratings and wish to beat the game, because you won't be able to take out all the Grocks in time yourself sometimes.

And how gradually it increases the importance of tower defence yet still keeping Dillon as the main focus is probably why I like this game, despite not being too interested in actual tower defence games. Hopefully you like it too.

Back