Mario Boards Chess Tournament 2.0

Dracomon said:
Also Yoshiwaker, did that game we just play count towards this tournament?
only the one where i beat you :}

fantanoice said:
Do you reckon we should start up a chess tournament at Dashing? :p
Maybe. I do kind of want to play a game with Dedalus.

But the Mafia needs to get started more.

Yoshiwaker said:
Dracomon said:
Also Yoshiwaker, did that game we just play count towards this tournament?
only the one where i beat you :}
Hahah, no. But you started a new game with me, so that'll be the official one.

I don't think there's enough people for Mafia though :s dang, need more members :(

I could probably set it up, I don't expect it to be too difficult to organise. I think double elimination might be better to keep it short, but also fairer than single elimination.

Yeah but round robins take ages.
I guess if you have the 5-ish games running at the same time it works, but still...

To be honest, it hasn't been that confusing for me, even though I have three games up. I thought this would be taxing on the brain.

I'm okay with multiple games because I just press the button to see what the last couple of moves were to refresh my memory

Yoshiwaker: "this will lead me to a 27-move checkmate" *loses queen on move 9*

I won against Glaceon / Icemario. You guys should check out the replay, it was a really interesting and quirky match. GG mate. :)

PGN:
[Event "Let's Play!"]
[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2014.01.31"]
[White "fantanoice"]
[Black "Icemario"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "1296"]
[BlackElo "1031"]
[TimeControl "1 in 3 days"]
[Termination "fantanoice won by checkmate"]

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 Nc6 3.e3 e5 4.a3 h5 5.Nf3 Bd6 6.c5 h4 7.cxd6 cxd6 8.d5 Ne7 9.e4 Nxe4 10.Bb5 a6
11.Bd3 Nc5 12.Bc2 e4 13.Nd4 h3 14.Qg4 f5 15.Qxg7 Rg8 16.Qh7 hxg2 17.Rg1 Qa5+ 18.b4 Qd8 19.Qh5+ Kf8 20.Bh6+ Rg7
21.Rxg2 Qe8 22.Bxg7+ Kg8 23.Qxe8+ Kh7 24.Qh8# 1-0

I was going strong until I went on the offence, and Fanta moved that one Pawn forward, which pushed me back. I laughed a bit when that happened because I didn't see that coming at all and it was a pawn of all things, but it ended up wasting my turn and she began to steamroll all of my schemes, which costed me the game, which eventually ended through her Queen and Bishop's (knew one of those darned things would be the end of me) cornering of my King.

Still, that was a fun match. Good game.

Dracomon said:
I won against Yoshiwaker. Man that was a strange game. And that opening is definitely not something I'm going to repeat anytime soon.
that moment when i realized i gave up a king/queen fork with a knight

Elsa said:
why is no one playing games against me

please invite me

(fanta please play)

When I rap up with either my game against DragonFreak or my game against Yoshiwaker, I'll accept your challenge.

Back