Am I the only one who usually only plays through a game once?

I just never have the time to do second runs. Which sucks since I always do the "normal" modes first in games, so I never really get to try anything much after that.

I mean, most of the time I start second playthroughs and never finish them (or never get back to them in forever)

The Great Tongue said:
if I don't like i'll only play through it once

pretty much this, assuming of course i dont finish it in the first place.

I do it sometimes. Right now I'm on my second play through of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, because that was a freaking awesome game in my childhood that I have gone way too long without playing.

I usually only do one full playthrough of a game, but in my case it's for no particular reason. I just never want to start another file and play through the game again...

I do have a few second files for some Mario games, but not for a second full playthrough rather just to beat the game the short way. I'm also not counting Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy because you can't beat the game as either bro until you do the Luigi run.

Depends on the game

Multiplayer games are meant to be played more than once

While terribad games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 deserve to be played through only once

Baby Luigi said:
While terribad games like Super Mario Galaxy 2 deserve to be played through only once

heh
i've played galaxy 2 through 100% three times (also 100%'d galaxy 1 three times, started a fourth but i can't remember whether i finished it or not)
clearly we have different tastes in games

I played through Galaxy 2 entirely once: my opinion is perfectly valid. I still hate the game to this day.

But I have nothing against people who liked Galaxy 2: I just think it doesn't deserve all of its bells and whistles

Well I dunno, I guess I was expecting someone to say "you played through only the first level of Galaxy 2 baaawww" and someone to refute my sorta unpopular opinion of why I said Galaxy 2 was terribad

It depends on how fun the game is to replay. For example, a game like Metal Gear Solid 3 is suited to replays because of the ammount of secrets the game's engine holds and the ways in which you can take out multiple bosses, while another like Uncharted doesn't since the main draw of it are it's cinematic setpieces, so in subsequent plays you're stuck with the medrocre gameplay.

depends on the replay value, usually. for example, i've only played through metroid prime once. after that, i didn't really feel like i would gain any more enjoyment out of playing it again since i already know where everything is, how to beat everything, etc. games like that, i'll only go through again if it's been a long time since i played it (for example i went through metroid fusion again recently and it was pretty fun because i had forgotten how to beat all the bosses).

games like fire emblem and pokemon are practically designed for playing multiple times, because each time you can train different characters/pokemon in your army/team to play the game a completely different way. i think i've gone through awakening three, four times? about the same number of times in sacred stones too.

I used replay games a lot back in the past but due the fact my gaming library is starting to increase quite rapidly, I can't do this as much anymore.

Here are all the games that come to mind i've played multiple times:

Sonic Riders: About 5 times
Sonic Unleashed (Wii): About 4/5 times
Sonic Chronicles: The dark brotherhood: At least 4 times (after playing more rpgs, i've noticed this game isn't that good)
Super Paper Mario: 4 times (don't plan on going though this again any time soon even though last playthrough was 2012, think i'm going to beat the pit of 100 trails and then never touch this again)
Super Mario Galaxy: 4 times
Super Mario Galaxy 2: 3 times
Skyward Sword: 3 times
Twilight Princess: 3 times (really didn't enjoy third time,, still think it's a pretty good game)
OoT: 3 times
Bowser's Inside Story: 3 times
Wario Land: Shake it: 3 times (this game is a hidden gem that you should buy)
Crash: Tag Team Racing: At least 3 times
Mario vs Donkey 2: Twice
Paper Mario: Might have gone though it twice

The only game I plan to replay anytime soon is Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've already started it but I want to finish other games before finishing it again.

You're not alone. Normally after I beat a game, I just put it back on the shelf and don't really play it much again, unless I'm motivated to 100% it. The only exception I can really think of is Luigi's Mansion; because it's such a short game, I beat it over 10 times on the same save file (over the course of 8~ years since I first got it, that is).

There are a few select games that I want to actually try and replay at some point, though, namely Metroid Prime 3 for the sake of enjoying it again (since I barely remember when I first played it, despite only being 3 years ago) and Super Mario Galaxy, since I beat that like back in 2007 or 2008, around the time it came out, and it's definitely worthy of another future playthrough.

I don't usually replay the whole game, but I do repeat levels I enjoyed

The only game I remember replaying is Pikmin 3 and the My Sims games.

Back