Confirmed Pokeball Pokemon thread

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Pokemon List:

Xerneas
Palkia
Dedenne

You know, with so many Pokemon, you really have to wonder who or what will be chosen. It's not a matter of popularity or "characters that didn't make to playablility like Assist Trophies", is almost exclusively about what abilities a Pokemon has and what they can do once you release them from their Poke Ball.

If Meowth doesn't become playable, I hope he comes back as a Poke Ball. Same goes for Blastoise, Beedrill/Unown, Koffing/Weezing, Onis, Chansey, Porygon,

Pokemon like Electrode, Goldeen, Staryu/Starmie, Snorlax, Clefairy/Togepi, Chikorita, Wobbuffet, and certain Legendaries I feel will return no matter what, given they've appeared in the previous installments and/or have abilities that were in the previous installments, so I'm not going to hope for them... Although I want to see Goldeen replaced with Magikarp.

As for new Pokemon, I honestly don't know, since there are so many I can't think of their abilities right off the bat.

I agree with the Goldeen thing, I associate Magikarp with Splash more than I associate Goldeen with it.

Thermidor 2 said:
I agree with the Goldeen thing, I associate Magikarp with Splash more than I associate Goldeen with it.
Especially because Goldeen doesn't even learn Splash...

Make computers stupid again so they can walk into Sacred Fire.

Oh, and please return Articuno, Zapdos, Raikou, Unown, Cyndaquil, Clefairy, Porygon2, and Scizor because there is absolutely no reason for them to be absent in Mario Kart Wii. And please don't make Suicune and Meowth suck.

Also, please nuke Munchlax, Gardevoir, and Bonsly.

Return Onix, Beedril, and Hitmonlee as well.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
please return Articuno, Zapdos, Raikou, Unown, Cyndaquil, Clefairy, Porygon2, and Scizor because there is absolutely no reason for them to be absent in Mario Kart Wii.
:???:

I think a few legendaries will appear rarely. I also think some of the new Pokémon from gen 5 and 6 will appear.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Oh, and please return Articuno, Zapdos, Raikou, Unown, Cyndaquil, Clefairy, Porygon2, and Scizor because there is absolutely no reason for them to be absent in Mario Kart Wii.

Mario Kart Wii? What the heck.

Arceus confirmed!!! Beware its power.

Also other Pokémon confirmed: Meowth, Electrode, Eevee, Staryu, Metagross, Fennekin, Meloetta, Gogoat, Entei, Deoxys, Kyurem, Victini and Keldeo.

Rare and legendary Pokémon emerge from a master ball.

If you look hard enough in the Charizard and Greninja trailer's, you can see some other Pokemon too.
Some are
*Darkrai
*Snivy
*Chespin
*Swirlx
*Reconfirmation of Togepi, FUCKING GOLDEEN, and some others both new and old!

others:

-Bellossom is confirmed to return via official website; she's in one of the Charizard pics
-Snorlax, Mew, and Spewpa (and Darkrai and Chespin) are shown in those sets of images released after the direct

So, my thoughts on what was in the SSB Direct...

First of all, I think the Master Ball idea is awesome, considering that there are literally enough Legendary Pokémon to fill up a Poké Ball line-up! Plus, this gives a lot more regular Pokémon time to shine with the regular Poké Ball! Arceus looks to be powerful, and useful!

OH SNAP, SUBSTITUTE! This was so funny, because I've seen Facebook images with jokes like this! Anyway, not counting returning Pokémon... Well actually, I'm a little bummed that Mewoth isn't playable, but I guess it's too late for him. Eevee! It doesn't look like it does much, but it's just so adorable I don't even care! Fennekin... looks like it shoots out flame pillars... almost like Ness's PK Fire! Meloetta also looks fairly unique. Gogoat, I love this guy! It looks like he rams opponents, and you'll be able to ride on them... neat! Kyurem... does he have ice powers in the games, I forget... Victini... I wonder what it does? Keldeo, I love this guy, particularly since he looks like he's from you-know-what! ;) We saw Xerneas before... but we didn't see what it did. Nor do we see what it does here. Kind of lame.

I'm mention what I thought of other Pokémon revealed via screenshots later.

Misty said:
I've read that Meowth was supposed to be playable in SSB64
Where did you hear that? I tend not to pay attention to the millions upon million of mostly bogus rumors.

Re: Confirmed Poké Ball Pokémon thread

Smashgoom202 said:
Misty said:
Where did you hear that? I tend not to pay attention to the millions upon million of mostly bogus rumors.
SmashWiki, which clearly states that
Based on his prominent role in the Pokémon anime series, which was extremely popular at the time of the original Smash's release, a popular rumor claims Meowth was planned to be playable in the game along with Bowser, King Dedede, Mewtwo, and many other characters, before being cut for space/time constraints. However, unlike the aforementioned three characters, no definitive official source has ever been found that proves Meowth was ever planned to be included as a playable character.

Re: Confirmed Poké Ball Pokémon thread

Misty said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Misty said:
SmashWiki, which clearly states that
Based on his prominent role in the Pokémon anime series, which was extremely popular at the time of the original Smash's release, a popular rumor claims Meowth was planned to be playable in the game along with Bowser, King Dedede, Mewtwo, and many other characters, before being cut for space/time constraints. However, unlike the aforementioned three characters, no definitive official source has ever been found that proves Meowth was ever planned to be included as a playable character.
Oh, for some reason, I thought you were talking about "Super Smash Bros. 4". But yeah, like the Wiki said, aside from Bowser, King Dedede, and Mewtwo, any suggestion that other characters were meant to be included have yet to have definitive evidence for such.

Back