Can Someone Help Me Decide on a 3DS Game?

Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
Okay, so I've wanted to get a new 3DS game for a while (Paper Mario doesn't really count), and I need some suggestions.

I'll take suggestions to almost anything, but if it's rated T (like Fire Emblem Awakening, for example), can you please explain why? If I get a T rated game, I kind of want to know what to expect in terms of content. (Also, I'm not talking about SSB here. I know the content for that)

Here's a list of ones I'm currently deciding on:

Pokémon X or Y (most likely Y)
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Smash Bros. 4

Also, I have ACNL, SM3DL, and NSMB2 already.

One more thing; I can only get one, and maybe a second one at a later date.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

fire emblem awakening - tactical rpg where you can create your own character and there is quite a bit of replay value due to supports and class changes, only hard on lunatic and some dlc packs.

monster hunter 3 ultimate - action rpg that focus on skill, making equips, and preparation, also has online multiplayer as well. A variety of weapons and armor to choose from and really pulls in some strategy depending on your play style.

yeah thats all i can offer, i got other games but not sure you'd like them or not.

Pokemon is really fun. So is Link Between Worlds.

Smash will probably be good, but I'll be getting the Wii U version instead.

New Super Mario said:
Fire Emblem is great.

The only bad content is some swearing (which I mean, if you can handle a few damns and stuff you should be fine)

that dastard

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a great game.

I think it's E10+, just for violence I think
Soundless Voice said:
Okay, so I've wanted to get a new 3DS game for a while (Paper Mario doesn't really count)
That's right. Don't get Paper Mario.

I already have Paper Mario. My mom bought it for me for Christmas.

Soundless Voice said:
I already have Paper Mario. My mom bought it for me for Christmas.
well

i guess it wouldn't kill you to play it. i didn't think it was atrociously bad on its own

I've already been playing it. It's okay-ish, but the save system is kind of annoying at times, and honestly it literally gives you no clue on what to do next. It tells you you need to do something, but it doesn't give you any hint about how to do to do it. And if it does, I must be REALLY dense.

I actually have been meaning to play Fire Emblem. I would've played the demo, but it was REALLY limited and I ended up deleting it.

Actually, most of the other suggestions I've been meaning to play.

If you're just looking for a gentle one maybe MP:IT

Ganondorf said:
You should definitely consider Ocarina of Time 3D. Especially if you're like me and haven't played the original.
^This.

I would recommend picking up Fire Emblem. Awakening. For someone like you it may take a while to get into the gameplay but will fall in love with the characters. I would consider playing the game on causal if your not good at tactical games. There's nothing too bad in it content wise. The most violence you will see is in the first couple of cutscenes. There is some bad language in it but you can handle words like damn, crap and bastard.
the reason this word is uncensored is becuase to the chance that rin may have censor turned on

Pokemon would be my pick if you can connect to the internet and battle others and trade

Smash Bros. too, but I'd get the Wii U version if you plan on playing with friends

@NSY; I don't have the censor off. I've had it off for a long time now.

Anyways, I'm Probably going with Pokemon and OoT, then Smash Bros when it comes out and FE:A sometime later.

Princess Zae said:
monster hunter 3 ultimate - action rpg that focus on skill, making equips, and preparation, also has online multiplayer as well. A variety of weapons and armor to choose from and really pulls in some strategy depending on your play style.

That's Wii U only. Other than that, get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Worth the money. Try out the demo first though.

Back