I hope Sakurai doesn't focus too much on multiplayer.

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I know this is a very personal thing but I'm pretty sure other people can relate to this anyway. Basically what I am saying is that I mostly play alone. In fact, I played smash bros alone most of the time. As a result, I hope that he also leaves something for those who play alone too. I don't want to spend $60 on a game that is going to collect dust because I have nobody to play with.

I hope they focus entirely on multiplayer just to fuck you over

fighting games are generally a multiplayer experience and guess what smash is? yes thats correct, a fighting game!

so of course they're gonna focus on multiplayer.

I almost always play Smash by myself but I still really enjoy it so I'm not too worried

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Smash, at its core, is a multiplayer game. It's designed to be a game you play with friends.

Ganondorf said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Smash, at its core, is a multiplayer game. It's designed to be a game you play with friends.
exactly, the main point of smash is to bring your friends over and have crazy matches with them

Niime said:
Ganondorf said:
exactly, the main point of smash is to bring your friends over and have crazy matches with them
or you can do what I do and grab a bottle of Tequila play a few matches against the computer then cry yourself to sleep

I hope they do so they can balance all characters right and make better AI for everyone.

I'm not saying they shouldn't focus on multiplayer, but I am saying that they shouldn't focus too much on it and completely disregard that not everybody has someone to play with 24/7 (ex. me)

3ds version is supposed to focus more on single player if that's any consolation

If you were hoping for a more deep single player experience, then you've come to the wrong series. it's like expecting for them to focus single player on Mario Kart or Mario Party. I hope they focus on Super Smash Bros.'s strongest point: the multiplayer, rather than focus on something else.

Well, the first two had no story modes either

Yeah, Brawl had pretty cool stuff, namely the checklist. I'd rather they focus on that checklist than a story mode, honestly

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah, Brawl had pretty cool stuff, namely the checklist. I'd rather they focus on that checklist than a story mode, honestly

if they focus on story mode i sure hope they do some better level design and make it actually feel like a cross-over adventure.

Like a souped-up Adventure Mode from Melee? Yeah that would be cool.

Baby Luigi said:
Like a souped-up Adventure Mode from Melee? Yeah that would be cool.

more or less yeah.

its just a hope but ya never know.

I doubt the only two single player modes in this game would be Classic and All-Stars, to be honest.

Baby Luigi said:
I doubt the only two single player modes in this game would be Classic and All-Stars, to be honest.

oh yeah i know, but i just hope its not as dull as melee's adventure mode, doing that constantly over and over again just to unlock some stuff was very tedious.

Yeah I know. They should make it so you need only one character to beat: otherwise it's optional

Generally Mario and SSB series are family-oriented, I don't see problems if Nintendo want to make family money and allow parents to play with children and friends. But maybe the sole play could be more interesting, if you meant that.

A Melee-like Adventure mode that's different based on the character would be pretty cool I'd say.

But anyway, the 3DS version is supposed to be more for the single player then the Wii U version will. So maybe because of that you'll play the 3DS version more. Though we still have yet to find out what exactly Sakurai meant that the 3DS version will be made mostly for the Single Player, and the Wii U the multiplayer (Though I imagine both will still have the other in some way, like of course the 3DS has Wi-Fi for Online and Close-by multiplayer and I imagine that Classic and All-Star will come back on both versions so the Wii U will have something)

Back