Fun Facts About Yourself

I'm fairly artistic and can draw some pretty nice and very accurate drawings if you give me time and inspiration, pretty good at acting and especially exaggerating (I think I've used some of that here on occasion). My favourite sport is Badminton, I really don't like or enjoy Football because of how much rage ensued after most matches which managed to put me off four or five years ago, and I ignored requests for me to be goalie in all future games.

I enjoy Maths, English and Science (my favourite subject in it is probably either Chemistry or Biology), I'm skilled at ICT but aren't too good at Music and don't have much understanding of it or skill with most instruments, History interests me to some extent while Geography I'm alright with. I have a good understanding of the things we learn in PD but sometimes I'm lacking in knowledge in some of the subjects. I find much joy in cheering others up, which I was apparently good at because I'm apparently really good at making others laugh.

I once had a coat in primary school that I took with me on an outing with relatives, and a map was left in it. Several days later at school, it was insanely windy and my coat shot out of my hands and flew waaaaaaay up into the air, as if it was an actual bird which was pretty cool. It eventually landed on me after it glided for a bit, and afterwards it was blown out of my grip, flew over a wall into unknown territory and I never saw it again to this day.

During the Year 6 Prom in my school I dedicated most of the time there to trying to triple jump punch one of the banners hanged up, and neglected every opportunity to dance as I wanted to hit the banner first. I managed it eventually, but it was near the end so it was short-lived.

Back when I was easily infuriated, I was often teased and pestered, and in one instance I inflicted immense pain on someone and flipped a whole bunch of tables. I felt deeply guilty when I came to my senses. Usually on my birthdays I convince my parents to bring all of the things to school so my friends can enjoy the day each time, though in Year 6 someone tricked me into watching a screamer, which made me jump backwards and I hit the floor. It left me in a horrible mood and the party was postponed to Monday, where I was eventually coaxed into cheering up.

Near the end of Year 6 we watched a movie every Friday, and at one point we had a bidding where we could use imaginary money to purchase real items for ourselves. I foolishly went for the cheap water gun over the shiny diamond, the water gun breaking within a few days.

When I was four years old and in reception, it was home time and my mother showed up to take me home. She was mingling with teachers for too long, and my impatience led to me leaving the school myself and walking home (which was about four bus stops away so it wasn't that hard), crossing roads appropriately and safely reaching the front door of our flat. I sat on the steps outside, and the mother ahher nd children of the neighbours who live to my apartment's right soon showed up and let me in. When they noticed no one was home and I was alone, they took me to their house and I played one of the Donkey Kong games where you use bongos with her son who was already a good friend of mine.

One time when I was walking home, I accidentally tripped and fell off the pavement and rolled near the wheel of a bus. I managed to get up barely before it started moving again.

During the summers in my primary school, water was scarce, so the water fountain lines were super long, and every spot of shade was covered by other kids. It was literally a fight for somewhere cool to stay. I also suffered many blows by a variety of footballs in my time in primary school, and my bad luck with them continues to this day.

I often skipped lunch in primary school since I wasn't interested in eating at the time, and I literally had to ninja past some of the stricter teachers who didn't care if I didn't feel like eating. Additionally, I hated everything in the school dinners there, and pretended to be a packed lunch person, even bringing a small lunch so no one got suspicious.

In a real game of bowling, I once accidentally rolled the bowling ball backwards because it was surprisingly heavy and I lost my grip.

When we played cricket in primary school, I would nearly always send the ball right out of the pitch and often into the spiked plants, so I was also pretty good at that considering me and my partner would net about eleven runs out of a single swing. One time during indoor kick rounders, I tumbled after I kicked the ball, got up and made it to the other side, but was tricked into going back and was hit in the face by the ball. Additionally, nine out of ten times I hit the ball in normal rounders, I fall over upon the first step.

For some reason I have a huge phobia of flowers and most plants, which is probably because of how in Year 1 when we went on a trip to a greenhouse, we had to pass by a small path surrounded by stinging nettles, and I was told they'd sting you if you touched them, got really frightened and had to be carried by an adult pass them and tugged my the hand just to get me to move beyond that. Since then I prefer avoiding contact with most plants (barring trees and some others) as that incident kind of traumatized me or something.

During Year 3 and 4, we had mandatory swimming lessons every Thursday, which I was initially really keen for, but after I got in the water and realized I couldn't rub water out of my eyes without stinging them, I realized swimming wasn't all it was cracked up to be (IMO). Since then I haven't enjoyed swimming and while I try to keep my eyes dry, people just splash water at me and they get wet, blinding me. I've nearly drowned about fourteen times during these lessons which probably caused my aquaphobia, and I really dislike the changing rooms as they're really wet and there's nasty gunk on the floor and I hate walking bare foot around stuff like that and a few other reasons.

And apparently I got really carried away with this, which often happens to me when I write stories, both fan fiction and original fiction, the latter of which I'm currently focusing on as I'm writing a dystopian fictional story that I started in an English assessment. I hope to get it published someday.

Glaceon said:
aforementioned facts
I actually read all of that. So you already almost died a few times.

Apparently I'm better at (explaining) C# then the teacher in the subject, according to my friends.

NaviLuma said:
Giga12 said:
What about Toon Link? He's adorable.
That is why I played Wind Waker HD as my first Zelda game, because Toon Link is the only Link that doesn't scare me.

Shadow said:
Dracomon said:
I mean, he doesn't talk...ever. If that's not creepy, I don't know what is.
Maybe he's severely autistic.
What is autistic? Is Link really that?
Autism is a.... how do I put this? mental disorder. there's actually quite a lot of people with autism on this forum, including myself. but anyway, autism takes many shapes, like gilles de la tourettes, ADD, ADHD, just regular autism, and many more. most of the time it's nothing major, it's just that people with autism just act differently than most people. I think link doesn't necessarily has autism, but he may be mute. or he just doesn't want to talk. also, link says stuff. you know, like HYAAAAA! and of course the occasional UWAAAAAARGH! when he falls.

Glaceon said:
I'm fairly artistic and can draw some pretty nice and very accurate drawings if you give me time and inspiration, pretty good at acting and especially exaggerating (I think I've used some of that here on occasion). My favourite sport is Badminton, I really don't like or enjoy Football because of how much rage ensued after most matches which managed to put me off four or five years ago, and I ignored requests for me to be goalie in all future games.

I enjoy Maths, English and Science (my favourite subject in it is probably either Chemistry or Biology), I'm skilled at ICT but aren't too good at Music and don't have much understanding of it or skill with most instruments, History interests me to some extent while Geography I'm alright with. I have a good understanding of the things we learn in PD but sometimes I'm lacking in knowledge in some of the subjects. I find much joy in cheering others up, which I was apparently good at because I'm apparently really good at making others laugh.

I once had a coat in primary school that I took with me on an outing with relatives, and a map was left in it. Several days later at school, it was insanely windy and my coat shot out of my hands and flew waaaaaaay up into the air, as if it was an actual bird which was pretty cool. It eventually landed on me after it glided for a bit, and afterwards it was blown out of my grip, flew over a wall into unknown territory and I never saw it again to this day.

During the Year 6 Prom in my school I dedicated most of the time there to trying to triple jump punch one of the banners hanged up, and neglected every opportunity to dance as I wanted to hit the banner first. I managed it eventually, but it was near the end so it was short-lived.

Back when I was easily infuriated, I was often teased and pestered, and in one instance I inflicted immense pain on someone and flipped a whole bunch of tables. I felt deeply guilty when I came to my senses. Usually on my birthdays I convince my parents to bring all of the things to school so my friends can enjoy the day each time, though in Year 6 someone tricked me into watching a screamer, which made me jump backwards and I hit the floor. It left me in a horrible mood and the party was postponed to Monday, where I was eventually coaxed into cheering up.

Near the end of Year 6 we watched a movie every Friday, and at one point we had a bidding where we could use imaginary money to purchase real items for ourselves. I foolishly went for the cheap water gun over the shiny diamond, the water gun breaking within a few days.

When I was four years old and in reception, it was home time and my mother showed up to take me home. She was mingling with teachers for too long, and my impatience led to me leaving the school myself and walking home (which was about four bus stops away so it wasn't that hard), crossing roads appropriately and safely reaching the front door of our flat. I sat on the steps outside, and the mother ahher nd children of the neighbours who live to my apartment's right soon showed up and let me in. When they noticed no one was home and I was alone, they took me to their house and I played one of the Donkey Kong games where you use bongos with her son who was already a good friend of mine.

One time when I was walking home, I accidentally tripped and fell off the pavement and rolled near the wheel of a bus. I managed to get up barely before it started moving again.

During the summers in my primary school, water was scarce, so the water fountain lines were super long, and every spot of shade was covered by other kids. It was literally a fight for somewhere cool to stay. I also suffered many blows by a variety of footballs in my time in primary school, and my bad luck with them continues to this day.

I often skipped lunch in primary school since I wasn't interested in eating at the time, and I literally had to ninja past some of the stricter teachers who didn't care if I didn't feel like eating. Additionally, I hated everything in the school dinners there, and pretended to be a packed lunch person, even bringing a small lunch so no one got suspicious.

In a real game of bowling, I once accidentally rolled the bowling ball backwards because it was surprisingly heavy and I lost my grip.

When we played cricket in primary school, I would nearly always send the ball right out of the pitch and often into the spiked plants, so I was also pretty good at that considering me and my partner would net about eleven runs out of a single swing. One time during indoor kick rounders, I tumbled after I kicked the ball, got up and made it to the other side, but was tricked into going back and was hit in the face by the ball. Additionally, nine out of ten times I hit the ball in normal rounders, I fall over upon the first step.

For some reason I have a huge phobia of flowers and most plants, which is probably because of how in Year 1 when we went on a trip to a greenhouse, we had to pass by a small path surrounded by stinging nettles, and I was told they'd sting you if you touched them, got really frightened and had to be carried by an adult pass them and tugged my the hand just to get me to move beyond that. Since then I prefer avoiding contact with most plants (barring trees and some others) as that incident kind of traumatized me or something.

During Year 3 and 4, we had mandatory swimming lessons every Thursday, which I was initially really keen for, but after I got in the water and realized I couldn't rub water out of my eyes without stinging them, I realized swimming wasn't all it was cracked up to be (IMO). Since then I haven't enjoyed swimming and while I try to keep my eyes dry, people just splash water at me and they get wet, blinding me. I've nearly drowned about fourteen times during these lessons which probably caused my aquaphobia, and I really dislike the changing rooms as they're really wet and there's nasty gunk on the floor and I hate walking bare foot around stuff like that and a few other reasons.

And apparently I got really carried away with this, which often happens to me when I write stories, both fan fiction and original fiction, the latter of which I'm currently focusing on as I'm writing a dystopian fictional story that I started in an English assessment. I hope to get it published someday.
Have you considered goggles?

Sumia said:
NaviLuma said:
Giga12 said:
That is why I played Wind Waker HD as my first Zelda game, because Toon Link is the only Link that doesn't scare me.

Shadow said:
Dracomon said:
Autism is a.... how do I put this? mental disorder. there's actually quite a lot of people with autism on this forum, including myself. but anyway, autism takes many shapes, like gilles de la tourettes, ADD, ADHD, just regular autism, and many more. most of the time it's nothing major, it's just that people with autism just act differently than most people. I think link doesn't necessarily has autism, but he may be mute. or he just doesn't want to talk. also, link says stuff. you know, like HYAAAAA! and of course the occasional UWAAAAAARGH! when he falls.
Gilles de la Tourette and AD(H)D are not related to autism. Plus, Link being silent doesn't exactly make him autistic.

Thermidor 2 said:
Glaceon said:

Have you considered goggles?

I have at times, but even then I'd still not be able to swim since I'm apparently really bad at it regardless. I've survived lessons without getting my eyes wet, but I'm still atrociously bad at it and one of those times I nearly drowned was while my eyes weren't soaked.

Even with the floats, I still can't do strokes or anything and barely swam 5m during the tests.

Lakitu de Vlot said:
Sumia said:
NaviLuma said:
Giga12 said:

Shadow said:
Dracomon said:
Gilles de la Tourette and AD(H)D are not related to autism. Plus, Link being silent doesn't exactly make him autistic.
well damn. the last I don't know how many years I was told that it was. also, someone else was saying link probably has autism, not me.

I can swim, but I've always been too afraid to go to the deeper areas of the pool where I can't touch the ground.

I never really go deeper than 5 feet, and I'm just barely over 5 feet tall and I still am scared.

I hate swimming. Medical reasons, that is to say. I'm allergic to whatever they put in the water, so I get blocked noses, red eyes, and a rash on my face and the rest of my body. It itches like hell, sometimes. Allergies are really bad... I had a constant rash for a year because of my braces, which is why they removed it early.

Rin Kagamine said:
I've always been too afraid to go to the deeper areas of the pool where I can't touch the ground.

Same, one time I had to for an exam and that was the worst near-drowning incident I ever experienced and likely had the most influence in my aqua-phobia.

That's "Hydrophobia". A very strange thing that tends to happen with people with rabies is that that grow hydrophobic. Which probably influenced the "Holy Water" bit in Vampire legends... Actually, rabies is probably the base of vampires...

Ah, that's another thing about me. I'm full of anecdotes and facts like that.

Speaking of that,

I tend to have a "thing" for Vampires, but not Twilight vampires. Just regular ones.

No! No wait! Mainly anime vampires. :3

Sometimes I feel lonely. Despite my many male friends I need...*sigh* this is a FUN fact thread. So I made a character based on the Doctor anyone want to hear more about him?

I don't know much about the Doctor, but sure, just probably not in this thread.

I seem to have a thing for Chinese entertainment.

Especially the martial arts movies.

I once walked into the girl's restroom and girls yelled so i panicked and my immediate reaction was to say 'Its cool, I have a vagina!'

yeah i got teased afterwards

no i dont have a vagina

Why'd you have to mention Teeth before? Now I'm relating that with your post.

Back