Poll Selection Committee Opening

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Super Mario Bros.
Hello everybody, SMB here, Chairperson of the Poll Selection Committee. The Poll Committee is a group that selects which polls go up on the wiki's Main Page every two weeks. Our Vice-Chairman, Tucayo, has resigned as of today due to his retirement. Toad85 will take his place for a short period of time as Acting Vice-Chairman, but we still have a vacancy in the team: we should have seven members, and this leaves us with just six.

If you would be interested in helping to create and select polls to be featured on the wiki's Main Page, send me a private message detailing your skills and experience in the community and why you would like to join us on the Poll Committee. Optionally, you can opt to include an example of a poll you would nominate-- this can allow us to see some of the ideas you would have to offer to the Committee.

We will be accepting applications until January 8th, 2014. The Poll Committee will then review all of the applications and come to a decision within the week after that.

Thank you all for your support!

I feel I should mention, firstly, that Toad85 is now the Vice-Chairman after an in-staff process was conducted. Congratulations to him!

Secondly, the Poll Selection Committee is no longer accepting applications for membership. We will review all applications we have received up to this point and come to a decision within one week. Thank you to everybody that has payed attention and expressed interest!

After several delays due to issues with my being able to access the internet for extended periods of time, I would like to congratulate Baby Luigi on being selected as the newest Poll Selection Committee member!

Congratulations, twin sister. Now, have a rotten day. :P

Thank you so much! :D

My post wasn't directed at you, sis

Now I'm gonna make a poll saying: How dumb is {{User|Mario}}? and the poll options range from dumb to very very idiotically dumb

I'll vote for the "all of the above".

thanks guys!

I'm just going to update this topic instead of creating a new one. I have one spot left to fill on the committee, and the OP already explains what we do, so if you are interested in applying, please follow the instructions here. The application deadline is from now until August 10th, 2014. Applications will be reviewed by the committee, and whoever is accepted as a member will be notified on August 17th, 2014.

Heya guys! Like my predecessor M4E, I decided it would be better to post it here instead of making a new topic: we are currently looking for two new Poll Committee members! The OP already basically explains the Poll Committee function (but in case you want a short version, you basically come up with polls, nominate on polls, and vote on polls to be released), and I have laid out what I need in an application here!

If you are interested in applying, please shoot an application my way via private message and the Poll Committee will review it! As today is the 23rd, the due date for applications will be July 30th, 2015. The next week will be spent deciding on who gets in - the final decisions and hirings will be made a week later, on August 6th, 2015.

Heya guys! I just wanted to remind you all that we are currently accepting applications for the Poll Committee - the due date for applications is not until July 30th, 2015! If you are interested in applying, please take a look at the information and instructions in the post above this one!

Thank you! :'D

Heyyyy guys! This is a last call for applying for the Poll Committee! Today is the deadline, so if you are interested in applying, please send me an application ASAP! All the instructions necessary are in my posts above.

Thank you! :')

Alrighty, all! Applications are officially closed! Thank you to everyone who applied. As previously stated, the final decisions/results will be made by August 6th, 2015. In case something arises regarding an unanimous decision, we will let you all know!

Thank youuu! :')

Decisions have been made! I would like to welcome Viper26 and Nysic to the sixth Poll Committee! :'D Congratulations, guys!

Marie said:
lmao i was just in it for the pink stars

I don't blame you

You should have asked

Probably isn't the right place to ask this question, but why aren't the polls getting updated? I'm pretty sure the "What do you want out of future Mario Party titles now that Mario Party 10 is released?" has been up for quite a few days.

Megadardery said:
Probably isn't the right place to ask this question, but why aren't the polls getting updated? I'm pretty sure the "What do you want out of future Mario Party titles now that Mario Party 10 is released?" has been up for quite a few days.
The last chairperson became inactive right before their term ended, and we weren't able to really progress. Don't worry though, as we plan to fix that issue very soon.

Back