Rick and Morty

damn seeing this thread bumped has made me sad that we won't have new eps for another 11 months or more

everyone who's starting to watch the show now is in for an amazing ride

Nabber said:
yeah i guess

idk the way they did it made it seem like they were trying to make that scene funny, but i guess i just misinterpreted it
It didn't seem funny to me, it made it seem like "oh god, shit's happening". For me, there was a lot of tension, creepiness, and terror at that scene in the bathroom and I could totally understand the reactions of Rick and Morty after that scene. This exact sort of seriousness involving a whimsical-looking and sounding character has also happened with Mr. Poopybutthole.

That being said, I didn't even remember that joke that Rick made while the two were in prison, but that does add depth to the writing. But yeah, the show makes it clear multiple times that rape isn't funny, like in that love potion episode where the situation gets pretty uncomfortable and really screwed up (remember that scene with that guy and Beth?), and it also includes that time where Rick time harshly criticized Morty for making such a love potion and calling him scum) and even in that episode with the Titanic tour.

Nabber could you explain why you don't like that Gazorpazorp episode? Just curious?

it's an episode that's literally written on 50s stereotypes

not much great stuff there

Still waiting patiently for the new episodes!

So just so everybody knows: Season 3 episode 1 exists now. It's been aired on April 1st, kind of as an april fools joke, but then the real joke was that it's the actual genuine episode. I just watched it and it's a pretty good one.

I would post the link where I watched it, but I have no idea how legal that is.

That depends on the link. If it was, like, some random user posting it on YouTube, chances are, that's about as legal as posting a full movie from YouTube here. If it was on some official channel or whatever, then I guess that would be fine.

I'm not saying anything, but I HEAR that if you type "season 3 rick and morty" into Youtube there's a video from a guy called "How About No" that has the entire episode.

Of course, I would never watch such a quasi-illegal thing myself.

Yay a Rick and Morty Thread! ^^

Just wanted to leave this here, seeing that it wasn't posted yet.

Don't care about this site anymore, don't plan on returning, just pissed off about the Rick and Morty Livestream not loading for me and basically not being able to watch it. It pisses me off, and I just wanted to get it out somewhere.

Shy​ Guy said:
Don't care about this site anymore, don't plan on returning, just pissed off about the Rick and Morty Livestream not loading for me and basically not being able to watch it. It pisses me off, and I just wanted to get it out somewhere.
Yeah haha, I had to refresh the page about fifty times before I finally got it to load. Missed the open but otherwise saw the whole episode.

Pretty good!
Good to know that Jerry isn't off the show, so we can still see his idiotic antics every so often.

Also, RIP giant arm.

would you like a complimentary coffee mug before you go

also really good episode, it actually made me sympathize with jerry and that's terrifying

Well, glad to hear they didn't completely get rid of Jerry like I thought they would. Just hope him and Beth didn't remarry because that would be kind of a copout

Hopefully they put the episode on demand on Adult Swim's website.

And yeah I'd like a free mug

Shy​ Guy said:
I just have a real life with real friends now

Just tell your friends you're in a romantic relationship with a Mario forum and if they're true friends they won't laugh at you and dump you but respect your decision and support your descend into depravity

Here I was thinking Pickle Rick was going to be a throwaway joke, and it ends up being one of Rick's best moments in the series.

Back