The Wii U Gamepad

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
Does anybody here that owns a Wii U or has at least played a demo with it like this thing? When I was on "the forum that shall not be named" and other websites, all I hear are negative things being said about it.

I personally like it, and it gives a unique experience that I never have gotten before from traditional consoles. Even when it is used in gimmicky ways, I like it.

It depends on the game. On some like Wind Waker HD, I could never play without it, but on others like Wonderful 101 or Rayman, the Gamepad is not really necessary.

If I had a Wii U Pro Controller I would never use the Gamepad besides when someone else is using the TV. Battery life is kinda bad for me. It's not a bad controller though, I wish the Gamepad was in HD. I do like how it has a microphone and camera though, which the PS4 and Xbox One controllers lack, if I'm not wrong.

I <3 the GamePad controller. It's really underrated.

Love it! :) It's so useful. The TV remote function comes in handy when I can't find the TV remotes, and I love being able to use it as a near-PC quality web browser. Much more efficient than browsing on an iPhone.

Forgive me for asking since I've been "gone" from this forum for a while until recently, but what's "the forum that shall not be named"?

EDIT: Never mind. I know what it is now, and I agree that place should remain nameless.

Absolutely love the GamePad. Great, underrated controller that provides everything you need with a few extra features that really make it stand out amongst the competition. Shame no developer seems to like it.

Why is it underrated? The world may never know. A couple weeks back, someone found a survey of most innovative item of the new generation of conesoles, and the gamepad was at like 1%. It lost to a rumble feature. Of course, the survey was done by Sony and Xbox exclusive fanboys.

Smaug said:
Why is it underrated? The world may never know. A couple weeks back, someone found a survey of most innovative item of the new generation of conesoles, and the gamepad was at like 1%. It lost to a rumble feature. Of course, the survey was done by Sony and Xbox exclusive fanboys.

I don't care about some stupid poll: the GamePad is the most advanced controller when it comes to technology.

Baby Luigi said:
Smaug said:

I don't care about some stupid poll: the GamePad is the most advanced controller when it comes to technology.
Well, tablets have been around before Nintendo used them as a controller, so it's not innovative at all.

I didn't say innovative, I just said it was an advanced controller

Xpike said:
Baby Luigi said:
Smaug said:

Well, tablets have been around before Nintendo used them as a controller, so it's not innovative at all.

Yeah, but it is the most sophisticated intended-to-be controller as of now. You can't really dispute that from a technical standpoint.

Back