Hyrule Warriors

I've bought this yesterday

played like 1 level

holyshitomgGOTYlikesrslywtfwhyisthissoepicomgomg

I have it here but I haven't played it yet. Busy smashing.

When I get around to playing it I'll post how I feel about it.

Nintendo sent me a free downloadcode for some ganondorf costume

WHAT DO THEY HAVE WITH FREE DOWNLOADCODES LATELY? OMG

Oh, yeah, I need to register the game on Club Nintendo.

Okay so I finished the first four levels just now, the game is pretty fun despite just pressing the same combo's over and over and over and over and so on. I think the only thing stopping it from getting too repetitive is the constant barrage of missions they give you during the scenarios. I say too repetitive because I was definitely starting to get bored of seeing the same animation over and over and over and over and so on. I haven't bothered scouring for Heart Pieces/Containers yet, I don't think I'll enjoy scanning areas so I'll just go back later with a guide to get them. Gold Skulltulas at least give you the hint as to where they are so I'll just get those myself.

My impressions on the characters so far;
Link w/ Hylian Sword: I think he's good, probably my favourite. He's simple but all his combos are fast and feel like they have some actual use depending on the situation.
Link w/ Magic Rod: Yeah I didn't like this, it has good range but one of the combo finishers is close range? I don't know man, felt like shit and all it did was send enemies that are too far away from me even further then I would have to run up to them again which was mildly annoying.
Impa w/ Giant Blade: Slow, that's all I got from her. All of her moves felt so slow, besides the water one which I used exclusively after figuring what button input it was because the rest were too slow for me to want to use. I get it, you're using a giant ass blade but I don't want to sit around while I wait for you to yank that shit out of the ground, let me be freeeeee.
Sheik w/ Harp: No idea, I haven't played her.
Lana w/ Book: I liked her. Her attacks all felt nice, they kept enemies close but also did a lot of hits. Her first strong attack cancel makes the big block appear which you could break for big damage which I thought was really nice.
Lana w/ Deku Stick: No idea, I haven't used it.

Still pretty fun but I can easily see it getting boring quickly, I can hope that it won't but I won't try and fool myself into thinking it definitely won't when I'm already feeling some of the repetitiveness after three hours. I like Zelda's design in this game, I like the design for a lot of the character's though.

Adventure Mode is so weird. I'm kind of annoyed that they don't tell you the requirements for an A Rank, I don't like having to repeat a level because I was a couple hundred off for the apparent amount of enemies to kill. One mission it was 1,000 and the next 1,500, there's no constant so I don't know when to stop and just finish the mission.

Twilight Field was a cool level. The twilight zones and then having three forces on the field at once for the first time.

Maki Nishikino said:
Impa w/ Giant Blade: Slow, that's all I got from her. All of her moves felt so slow, besides the water one which I used exclusively after figuring what button input it was because the rest were too slow for me to want to use. I get it, you're using a giant ass blade but I don't want to sit around while I wait for you to yank that *bleep* out of the ground, let me be freeeeee.
Dodge canceling gets you out of a lot of animations. Try it sometime.

Auburn S said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Impa w/ Giant Blade: Slow, that's all I got from her. All of her moves felt so slow, besides the water one which I used exclusively after figuring what button input it was because the rest were too slow for me to want to use. I get it, you're using a giant ass blade but I don't want to sit around while I wait for you to yank that *bleep* out of the ground, let me be freeeeee.
Dodge canceling gets you out of a lot of animations. Try it sometime.
Yeah I realized this on my second day of playing, it helps a lot with pretty much every character. Impa becomes a lot more fun to use when you upgrade her combos so they are actually pretty decent and start canceling out early. Magic Rod still sucks though.

Some Adventure Mode missions are a pain in the ass. The King Dodongo one over the dungeon was annoying as fuck because you had to both be quick and farm enemies in some keeps because if you went too fast you wouldn't reach 1,500 kills.

Well I bought the game a couple days ago and it's pretty fun but now I can see why people have mixed feelings with the Dynasty Warriors series: Killing enemies takes soooo loooooong

supermariofan said:
Killing enemies takes soooo loooooong

wat

am i not far enough in the game yet? right now every enemy has been weak as shit except for the chicken and maybe gohma a little (much hp, but easy strat)

Taking out hordes of enemies when they keep spawning can take a little while. Clearing out already humongous hordes can also take some time. It's not really necessary unless you're going for an A Rank in adventure mode or the 1,000 kills skulltulas.

Heh

oh well I've cleared the death mountain level on normal in one try, didnt find it particularly hard. i just kept charging them when they tried to recapture the middle two fortresses and darunia when he showed up the rest was pretty much auto lol.

Next up the Twilight Princess level and my favourite character

MIDNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I unlocked Ruto, I believe none of her finishers can be canceled mid-way with dodge which makes her only safe moves when facing multiple tough enemies; weak attacks up until the final one since it has a long animation that is inescapable as well. I don't like using her because of that, her animations are pretty though. Water looks cool in this game. She can almost take out a boss' weak point in one go, probably can if her Stamina Fruit upgrades are maxed out.

I'm ready for the DLC coming out, a whole new map and you can unlock some cool alt colours? Sign me up. I heard the missions don't have hearts in them either so it adds some difficulty. Well as long as you want the A Rank you shouldn't be losing too many hearts anyway.

Getting gold materials in this game is bullshit though. You just have to hope for a good weapon with Materials+ and then hope that you manage to get Gold with it. I've only managed to get a Gold item from Link, Ruto and Volga once each.

Twilight Castle has a weird layout but I wouldn't say its hard. The Legend mission basically sends the objective straight to you, which I guess suits the wacky personality of that character.

Thank god they took away my fucking ability to heal in a level where i'm supposed to kill as many enemies as possible then threw 3 bosses at me otherwise I might have actually had a little bit of fun with that level.

Is this master quest? I guess if you're not going for A rank then it becomes a problem, that level sounds difficult anyway since I have shit tons of trouble with just two bosses at a time, let alone three. It's kind of a blessing in disguise when aiming for A since it keeps track of whether or not you need to restart.

At least this game sounds harder than other warriors games.

Looking forward to that.

Back