Hyrule Warriors

Baby Man said:
Is it a bad thing that this game is more interesting to me than the other Wii U Zelda game?

Not at all.

I'm hyped for both, but the problem is that we don't know much about Zelda U.

supermariofan said:
Plain Ol Giga12 said:
What I'm hoping for for Zelda U is that Link and Zelda will finally kiss

gross

supermariofan said:
GalacticPetey said:
supermariofan said:
Plain Ol Giga12 said:
That's gonna make or break the game for you?
That's part of what will make the game for me, what I'm also hoping for is fun factor
I'd only except it if it feels natural. It would have to be like Skyward Sword where the characters have an actual relationship and have chemistry with each other. If something like that happened in say, Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time, it would feel weird and hammered in.

GalacticPetey said:
supermariofan said:
GalacticPetey said:
supermariofan said:
Plain Ol Giga12 said:
That's gonna make or break the game for you?
That's part of what will make the game for me, what I'm also hoping for is fun factor
I'd only except it if it feels natural. It would have to be like Skyward Sword where the characters have an actual relationship and have chemistry with each other. If something like that happened in say, Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time, it would feel weird and hammered in.

supermariofan doesn't care, he just wants romance just because it's "cute"

I care about romance if these characters share good chemistry, that's what makes romance cute. and judging by Skyward Sword they have pretty good chemistry, so I hope they kiss.

That's why movies like Shakespeare in Love, the Before trilogy, Her, and Titanic worked.

supermariofan, keep your disgusting "wanting romance in everything" fetish you have to yourself. you're exactly like those fan shippers on deviantart.

There's nothing wrong with romance as long as it's done right and doesn't feel forced.

Unless Zelda U is very story heavy I feel like adding in romance would feel pointless and very shoe-horned in.

Do I need it? No. Would I like it? It better be some damn good romance is there is any.

Baby Man said:
supermariofan, keep your disgusting "wanting romance in everything" fetish you have to yourself. you're exactly like those fan shippers on deviantart.
how about a compromise - you stop being against romance purely because you don't understand it, and he'll stop trying to ship everyone

deal?
GalacticPetey said:
There's nothing wrong with romance as long as it's done right and doesn't feel forced.

Unless Zelda U is very story heavy I feel like adding in romance would feel pointless and very shoe-horned in.

Do I need it? No. Would I like it? It better be some damn good romance is there is any.
I think it would be interesting to see more emotions in these characters. Since standard Zelda is so rigid I doubt it's ever going to change, it would be really cool if all the characters in Hyrule Warriors were fleshed out a bit and could explore all kinds of different emotions, possibly including romance.

Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Man said:
how about a compromise - you stop being against romance purely because you don't understand it, and he'll stop trying to ship everyone

deal?

If it's done right like GP said, I won't be against it. But Zelda and Link barely know each other in the first place. Link doesn't even really emote. So a romance there isn't really plausible imo.

Baby Man said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Baby Man said:

deal?

If it's done right like GP said, I won't be against it. But Zelda and Link barely know each other in the first place. Link doesn't even really emote. So a romance there isn't really plausible imo.
Not true. It depends on the game. Like some games they are pretty much strangers. Others they are childhood friends.

This is from the most recent build of the game that we know of. Picture taken from GameXplain's analysis.

zIX9FZJ.jpg

Assuming this doesn't change much, we have room for three more heroes. I'm thinking Saria, Groose, and Nabooru.

The villains will likely have their own select screen.

Back