RIP Nelson Mandela

Duskull

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Not sure whether any of you have heard, but South Africa's first black President Nelson Mandela has passed away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25249520

RIP Mandela, you will not be forgotten for what you did.

RIP Nelson Mandela, a world icon for the fight against racism

Rest in peace.

I've got to say, though, this had made me think a bit. The media have probably been preparing 'special reports' and obituaries ever since he went into hospital, waiting for him to die so they can finally play them. I don't know for certain if that's how it happened, but if it did, it just shows the lack of empathy media (and businesses in general) can have.

Can't say I'm too surprised, considering the state he's been in recently, but this is still sad news nonetheless. Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela. I'd say he was probably one of the most inspirational men who ever lived. I'm sure South Africa and the rest of the world will be eternally grateful to him.

Honestly, whenever I see an announcement of a famous person's death, I feel sad, but it doesn't exactly give me the greatest shock. However, the moment I saw Nelson Mandela's announcement on the news, I felt the shock hit me. The great shock. Because in that moment, I realised that such a peaceful man, probably the kindest man on the face of this earth, the man who changed the world for the better, is now no longer with us.

He has lived a long, fantastic and prosperous life. Even at 95, this man gave us all hope for the future, and I bet that he will continue to inspire us, even after death. Rest in peace, you brilliant man. And Godspeed.

To be a little poetic; let's not be sad we lost Nelson Mandela, let's rejoice he graced this world with his actions for almost a century. May he rest in peace.

I actually didn't know all that much about his story until earlier this year when I started talking to a girl from South Africa on Tumblr, and his efforts just blew my mind. I know he's been sick but I am still shocked and upset that he has passed away. RIP you beautiful human.

Also, a not-in-bad-taste Onion post:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nelson-mandela-becomes-first-politician-to-be-miss,34755/

I just finished a overdue presentation on him yesterday. Weird timing. I guess I can appreciate what he did more now.

RIP

RIP in peace Mr. Mandela, hopefully you'll get to be with Morgan Freeman when his time comes too.

Rest in peace, Mr. Mandela. You will be missed.

....i'm feelin kind of stupid since i've never heard of him before

^
Today at school a teacher asked who knew Justin Beiber (everyone does) and who knows Nelson Mandela (only about ten out of thirty do), and we came to the conclusion the US is messed up

I know I already posted here, but Nelson Mandela was the once-in-an-eternity person. At the time, South Africa was one of the very few countries in the world which still had racial segregation by law. If it weren't for him, South Africa would still be the minority-majority rule country it was about twenty years ago.
Also, not many people can just forgive the people responsible for putting them behind bars for around 30 years.

I'm happy what he did for the world. He's dead, but his legacy will continue on, no doubt about it.

Back