Official Brawl Tier List

Well, I haven't posted the REAL Official Tier List here yet. This is the one from the Smash Back Room.

Top Tier:

1. Meta Knight
2. Snake
3. King Dedede
4. Mr. Game & Watch
5. Falco
6. R.O.B.

High Tier:

7. Marth
8. Wario
9. Lucario
10. Donkey Kong
11. Diddy Kong
12. Pikachu
13. Ice Climbers
14. Kirby
15. Pit
16. Wolf

Middle Tier:

17. Toon Link
18. Olimar
19. Fox
20. Zelda
21. Zero Suit Samus
22. Bowser
23. Luigi
24. Peach
25. Ike
26. Sheik

Low Tier:

27. Lucas
28. Ness
29. Mario
30. Pokémon Trainer
31. Samus
32. Yoshi
33. Sonic
34. Jigglypuff
35. Ganondorf
36. Link
37. Captain Falcon

The official, and by far the best. And this is only the first tier list, and is subject to change at any time.

Master Lucario said:
Well, I haven't posted the REAL Official Tier List here yet. This is the one from the Smash Back Room.

Top Tier:

1. Meta Knight
2. Snake
3. King Dedede
4. Mr. Game & Watch
5. Falco
6. R.O.B.

High Tier:

7. Marth
8. Wario
9. Lucario
10. Donkey Kong
11. Diddy Kong
12. Pikachu
13. Ice Climbers
14. Kirby
15. Pit
16. Wolf

Middle Tier:

17. Toon Link
18. Olimar
19. Fox
20. Zelda
21. Zero Suit Samus
22. Bowser
23. Luigi
24. Peach
25. Ike
26. Sheik

Low Tier:

27. Lucas
28. Ness
29. Mario
30. Pokémon Trainer
31. Samus
32. Yoshi
33. Sonic
34. Jigglypuff
35. Ganondorf
36. Link
37. Captain Falcon

The official, and by far the best. And this is only the first tier list, and is subject to change at any time.

True.

Master Lucario said:

Top Tier:

1. Meta Knight
2. Snake
3. King Dedede
4. Mr. Game & Watch
5. Falco
6. R.O.B.

High Tier:

7. Marth
8. Wario
9. Lucario
10. Donkey Kong
11. Diddy Kong
12. Pikachu
13. Ice Climbers
14. Kirby
15. Pit
16. Wolf

Middle Tier:

17. Toon Link
18. Olimar
19. Fox
20. Zelda
21. Zero Suit Samus
22. Bowser
23. Luigi
24. Peach
25. Ike
26. Sheik

Low Tier:

27. Lucas
28. Ness
29. Mario
30. Pokémon Trainer
31. Samus
32. Yoshi
33. Sonic
34. Jigglypuff
35. Ganondorf
36. Link
37. Captain Falcon

Mario is low tier? You'd think he'd be in middle tier, because he's "standard", but w/e. (tiers are lame in my opinion...)

Garlic Man said:
Mario is low tier? You'd think he'd be in middle tier, because he's "standard", but w/e. (tiers are lame in my opinion...)

Just because you're "standard", that doesn't mean that you automatically are in the middle. If more than half of the characters are better than that one character, then that character is not in the middle.

ChaosNinji said:
Garlic Man said:

Just because you're "standard", that doesn't mean that you automatically are in the middle. If more than half of the characters are better than that one character, then that character is not in the middle.

Ditto, standard characters may not have any low values, but they also don't have any high values to make them stand out.

I think that's the reason I never play the middle man, I always want someone with a big strong point (Fox's speed, Yoshi's jumps, etc.)

ChaosNinji said:
Garlic Man said:

My point in case.

I has something to say:

Opinions are what just people complain about an opinion they hate. Simply, they have their own.

Lario said:
I has something to say:

Opinions are what just people complain about an opinion they hate. Simply, they have their own.
I'm not into philosophy, but I'll beleive you.

Tiers are just a list of which characters are more frequently used by tournament winners, and it's not debatable.

Smiddle said:
Tiers are just a list of which characters are more frequently used by tournament winners, and it's not debatable.
Tournament winners use tiers to win, more like. :-\

Smiddle said:
Garlic Man said:
Smiddle said:
Tournament winners use tiers to win, more like. :-\

And then it goes on like that, in an evil circle.
A disgusting cycle indeed.

Here's mine:

GOD:

Meta Knight (Seriously, this **** needs to be banned)

TOP:

King Dedede (What's been going on in Snake's metagame lately? Oh yeah, nothing)
Snake (See Dedede)
Mr. Game & Watch (I think of him as a toned-down Meta Knight)
Falco (Grabs, reflectors, laser locks, oh my!)
Marth (She-I mean he's underrated)
R.O.B (Heavy, great at camping AND has amazing recovery)

HIGH:

Wario (He's basically like Captain Falcon in Melee, back when he didn't suck)
Lucario (Gets stronger when taking more damage, but still a tricky foe when he's as 0%)
Olimar (Racks up damage like crazy, great tourney results, but among the worst recoveries in the game)
Diddy Kong (Those bananas are the leading cause of Wii-related headaches)
Ice Climbers (Strong, and they can kill like half the cast by grabbing them into oblivion)
Donkey Kong (Heavy, sort of fast, powerful yet fast smashes, and a billion spikes)
Kirby (Powerful kill moves, great recovery, and amazing at combos)
Pikachu (Fast, annoying, a good recovery, and one dangerous dsmash)
Wolf (Strong, a good projectile, and fast, but his recovery is kinds crappy)

MIDDLE:

Pit (Fast, and with a nice projectile, but sucks at KOing)
Toon Link (See Pit)
Peach (Not as good as she was in Melee, but still an all-around good character)
Zelda (Slow and light, but with very strong attacks)
Luigi (Great kill moves, 3 recovery options, but his recovery is easy to gimp)
Zero Suit Samus (Fast, agile, and can stun people with her gun)
Bowser (Amazing killer, but slow and a gigantic target)
Fox (Fast and a good killer, but light and has several impossible matchups)
Ness (A very underrated character, Ness has a great air game, good throws, but his recovery can be stopped by jumping into it)
Sheik (Fast, great at combos, but has trouble killing unless you switch to Zelda)
Yoshi (Fast, heavy, and the best Meta Knight counter in the game, but bad at killing and an awful shield game)

LOW:

Lucas (He's just not that good in the competitive, 1v1 scene. Great for parties, though)
Pokemon Trainer (The Pokemon aren't that bad aside from Squirtle, but forced switching and stamina ruin Ash's clone)
Mario (Sakurai sucks at balancing the game)
Ike (Really, really strong, but very slow and a bad recovery)
Sonic (Terrible priority, bad at killing, but hey, he's fast and annoying)
Samus (Slow, can't kill until the enemy is at a high%, but she's good at camping)
Jigglypuff (Slow at running, easy to kill, and not the combo monster she was in the other two)

BOTTOM:

Link (Powerful, but slow and with a recovery that could make the driest stump in the world cry)
Ganondorf (See Ike, but not as strong, and even slower)
Captain Falcon (He was great in Melee, but only because he was scary with combos. Now he can't combo at all, so he sucks)

Tiers are based on tourney results (which are far more than a popularity contest), matchups (Meta Knight has no bad matchups, for instance), and character abilities (Dedede can infinite grab several characters)

Snowstalker said:
Here's mine:

GOD:

Meta Knight (Seriously, this **** needs to be banned)

TOP:

King Dedede (What's been going on in Snake's metagame lately? Oh yeah, nothing)
Snake (See Dedede)
Mr. Game & Watch (I think of him as a toned-down Meta Knight)
Falco (Grabs, reflectors, laser locks, oh my!)
Marth (She-I mean he's underrated)
R.O.B (Heavy, great at camping AND has amazing recovery)

HIGH:

Wario (He's basically like Captain Falcon in Melee, back when he didn't suck)
Lucario (Gets stronger when taking more damage, but still a tricky foe when he's as 0%)
Olimar (Racks up damage like crazy, great tourney results, but among the worst recoveries in the game)
Diddy Kong (Those bananas are the leading cause of Wii-related headaches)
Ice Climbers (Strong, and they can kill like half the cast by grabbing them into oblivion)
Donkey Kong (Heavy, sort of fast, powerful yet fast smashes, and a billion spikes)
Kirby (Powerful kill moves, great recovery, and amazing at combos)
Pikachu (Fast, annoying, a good recovery, and one dangerous dsmash)
Wolf (Strong, a good projectile, and fast, but his recovery is kinds crappy)

MIDDLE:

Pit (Fast, and with a nice projectile, but sucks at KOing)
Toon Link (See Pit)
Peach (Not as good as she was in Melee, but still an all-around good character)
Zelda (Slow and light, but with very strong attacks)
Luigi (Great kill moves, 3 recovery options, but his recovery is easy to gimp)
Zero Suit Samus (Fast, agile, and can stun people with her gun)
Bowser (Amazing killer, but slow and a gigantic target)
Fox (Fast and a good killer, but light and has several impossible matchups)
Ness (A very underrated character, Ness has a great air game, good throws, but his recovery can be stopped by jumping into it)
Sheik (Fast, great at combos, but has trouble killing unless you switch to Zelda)
Yoshi (Fast, heavy, and the best Meta Knight counter in the game, but bad at killing and an awful shield game)

LOW:

Lucas (He's just not that good in the competitive, 1v1 scene. Great for parties, though)
Pokemon Trainer (The Pokemon aren't that bad aside from Squirtle, but forced switching and stamina ruin Ash's clone)
Mario (Sakurai sucks at balancing the game)
Ike (Really, really strong, but very slow and a bad recovery)
Sonic (Terrible priority, bad at killing, but hey, he's fast and annoying)
Samus (Slow, can't kill until the enemy is at a high%, but she's good at camping)
Jigglypuff (Slow at running, easy to kill, and not the combo monster she was in the other two)

BOTTOM:

Link (Powerful, but slow and with a recovery that could make the driest stump in the world cry)
Ganondorf (See Ike, but not as strong, and even slower)
Captain Falcon (He was great in Melee, but only because he was scary with combos. Now he can't combo at all, so he sucks)

Tiers are based on tourney results (which are far more than a popularity contest), matchups (Meta Knight has no bad matchups, for instance), and character abilities (Dedede can infinite grab several characters)

Actually Meta Knight has ONE bad match-up. It's against Lucario.

Nope, Meta Knight has an advantage over Lucario. Meta Knight's worst matchup is aginst another MK. After that, Yoshi, Diddy, and Falco almost go even with him.

Back