"Excuse me, I may have just arted"

Gabumon said:
Actually, if I had to make some sort of guess, I'd probably say something like...

Maid of Light

Light as an aspect deals with fortune, but also knowledge and the sharing of said knowledge with others (i.e. enlightening them). Rose is all about knowing and understanding things thoroughly, Aranea was all about telling people about things she knew, Vriska used to be about thinking she knew everything better than everyone else, etc.

There's no canonical explanation on what exactly the Maid class does, but from Aradia's actions it can be deducted that it is about mending and maintaining things through the use of the aspect, or maybe even the aspect itself. Aradia goes through time to keep the alpha timeline stable and working. Jane, as the Maid of Life, can resurrect others, which can also be seen as a form of mending, i.e. restoring their broken life. On a lesser scale, Porrim, the Maid of Space, "fixes" her dancestor's confidence in her ability to restore their extinct race.

So in essence, I think a title that parses as something like "Maintainer/Mender of Knowledge" would befit you, seeing how you keep the wiki organized and that.

EDIT:
Alternatively, I could also see you as a Knight of Light. Lots of different classes might work actually, but I think the Light aspect resonates particularly well with you.
Hmmm, interesting. And now that you've laid it out, I can totally see it! Although, I actually think of Maid as more of the passive counterpart to Knight, since protection and maintaining are still in the same realm - but that still works for what you said, since I don't view myself as active enough to be a Knight: I much prefer the support role, leading from the sides (hell, that even works with the wiki, since I write policy pages but don't tend to go around making sweeping changes, but mostly maintenance work or strategic rewrites - cleanup work also befitting of a Maid, come to think of it, lol).

Also, for what it's worth, here's my current headcanon on the class alignments (boiling down the functions to single words for brevity).

ACTIVE - - PASSIVE
Thief - steal - Rogue
Prince - destroy - Bard
Lord - rule - Muse
Heir - create - Page
Knight - protect - Maid
Witch - manipul8 - Sylph
Mage - understand - Seer

It's a work in progress, tho, mainly because it doesn't have the active/passive pairs lining up according to how passive/active they are, which could be a fatal flaw for a couple of the pairs. Namely, Page is probably the most passive, but the most active is supposed to be female-only; swapping Heir and Maid fixes that, and Heir sorta works in the passive protected role, but Maid doesn't seem overly creationy, so perhaps it would then have to be swapped for Witch, which wouldn't be the worst thing, since manipulating does work for Maid, like you said, and the maids are a bit more active than Sylphs, all things considered. But I dunno, I need for info before I can be more sure of anything.

DragonFreak said:
Gabumon said:
Y1py4pb8kebr34ds.png

Dog of Doom
I love the pose he's doing. So majestic.

Yes, yes I am. Also, BREAD BLOCKSSSSSSSS I'm upset they're still not a thing in Minecraft. But daaaamn Edo LOBAS looks cool and what could I pawsibly be up to with that tnt... I've not stopped hugging creepers, you know.

ALSO OH MAN YESSSS DRAGONFREAKS LAND IS GR8 and anotn's one too I guess there are all fantastic

The problem I'm having is that multiple class pairs appear plausible to me. Like, I used to think that Witch and Sylph are a pair (supported by how Kanaya once compared those two classes), but over the course of today I began thinking that Sylph and Maid could also be a pair.

As for the active/passiveness, you could say that a Maid heals her aspect, whereas a Sylph allows their aspect to heal others, making the latter passive.

Maid and Knight is also a valid pairing if you interpret the Knight as a protector class, like you said.

So confusing.

Also:

Walkazo said:
but the most active is supposed to be female-only;

I see statements like these a lot lately, that imply there is some sort of official grid that all the classes go into, sorted by how active/passive they are. But I couldn't figure out what it's about.

Where is this information from?

There are actually two problems I ran into while making this one.

The first is that the Hope color scheme is kind of weird. With the other aspects, the dangly ribbon thingies and the hood are supposed to be darker than the skirt part of the costume, but with Hope those two colors seem to be identical for some reason. It's really weird.

The second one is that the Sylph outfit included a skirt upon reveal (and the panels that followed it). However, in its representation during the Ministrife, the skirt was gone and replaced by pants. I decided to go with the skirt.

Gabumon said:
The problem I'm having is that multiple class pairs appear plausible to me. Like, I used to think that Witch and Sylph are a pair (supported by how Kanaya once compared those two classes), but over the course of today I began thinking that Sylph and Maid could also be a pair.

As for the active/passiveness, you could say that a Maid heals her aspect, whereas a Sylph allows their aspect to heal others, making the latter passive.

Maid and Knight is also a valid pairing if you interpret the Knight as a protector class, like you said.

So confusing.
Yeah, Prince/Bard and Thief/Rogue (and Lord/Muse) are the only confirmed ones, but everything else is definitely mix-n-match-able...

Gabumon said:
Walkazo said:
but the most active is supposed to be female-only;
I see statements like these a lot lately, that imply there is some sort of official grid that all the classes go into, sorted by how active/passive they are. But I couldn't figure out what it's about.

Where is this information from?
Mostly this one Twitter post by Hussie: https://twitter.com/andrewhussie/status/214583655820042240

The Homestuck Wikia Class page also mentions another couple things he's said, and has ferreted out some in-story quotes, although the article itself has a lot of speculation in between the facts, so beware of that.

I just noticed. Not only does she look badass, but the lakes behind her in that gradient. OMG, that is so good.

Yes, there's never been a better place to put white outlines than on those waterfalls.

It works so well with them.

Glaceon said:
Yes, there's never been a better place to put white outlines than on those waterfalls.

It works so well with them.

Hooray! I did something right!

OMG, sooooo awesome! With wings and badass knives and Troll-style shading on the horns!? So much cooler than I could have imagined! Thank you so much!

Javelin said:
Land of Birds and Light?
Land of Birds and Gradients.

I switched it around to "Land of Gradients and Birds" to make an awful pun about how heroes of Light can be a bit verbose at times.

Glad you like it though. You wear that orange well.

Funferall.png

I've drawn 876 in a dress once before, so I thought: "Why not again???" There were a lot of reasons actually, but I decided to ignore them all against my better judgment.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even read hamsteak. Walkazo does though and I can't have her walk around in the session without someone to boss around.

Back