"Excuse me, I may have just arted"

The Sylph outfit was also subject to changes, not just in concept but in the comic itself. It started out looking like a dress, with a long skirt, but was then shown as pants in the ministrife. The same flash animation introduced the concept of god clothes being modifyable, but it was still confusing.

I went with the dress because it looked more unique.

Wait a minute, I already said that.

Oh well. The Void color scheme is also strange, because the colors used in the ministrife are different from the canon ones (I noticed that while drawing the Knight of Void picture and having my color references contradict each other). So I think the ministrife might not actually be that accurate after all, which is sad.

Another quirk with the Void color scheme is that there are two different colors for the symbol. If you apply the colors logically to whatever outfit you're depicting, the symbol should be a strong, saturated blue. In reality however it's a dark blue, like the hood. This quirk probably exists because Void deals with the obfuscation of information, so obscuring the true color of the symbol would totally be in line with the aspect. It is very interesting, but also frustrating if you're trying to comprehend the formula.

http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Aspect#Color_Schemes

There's a few cases where detailing gets different shades from the aspects, tho. I feel like it's not so much a deep statement about the aspect meanings as more Hussie making choices that make sense graphically. Like, if he used the dark Void symbol colour for the stitching, it wouldn't really show up, so he used a lighter colour instead for the accents. Although the symbol being dark instead of lighter than the rest of the colours is definitely on purpose, since Void being bright would be as inappropriate as Doom being bright (Life's also not brighter, but rather, completely different than the bg colours; the bottoms of the shoes are completely different again, too).

If you look at all the other color schemes, while some shirt, pants, or hood colors might end up getting shared (like with Hope) the symbol color is usually always distinct. However, the symbol of void takes the exact same color as the hood (#000e4e(#00164f in some instances)), which no other aspect color scheme does.

122px-RogueOfBreath.png

Looking at a non-void Rogue outfit, one can see that the stitching is supposed to be of the same color as the symbol.

That observation in conjunction with how symbol colors are unique in all other 11 cases makes me believe that #004bb3 is supposed to be the true color of the void symbol, as it is a unique color found in a place where other color schemes put their symbol color. The fact that it switches this unique color for that of the hood/cape instead I find curious, because it evokes the image of the void symbol being shrouded in a cloak.

If this is really just a simple graphical tweak, that's an amazing coincidence.

Well, in that case, the symbol colour shows up against the pants colour so it can be reused for the detailing - no conflict. Not so for the Void colour, like how the White space colour couldn't be used for Jade's witch stockings (since it'd get confused with her skin colour) and had to be substituted by two unique detailing colours, instead of just alternating between the symbol colour and one additional detailing colour like normal witches are coloured (like this, as far as I can tell). Hussie made a special exception there due to graphical constraints, and it seems much more likely that it's the same deal for void. Dunno why he recycled the colour from the hood, but him using it as a big metaphor just seems far more unlikely to me than him deciding he didn't need to bother making it slightly less dark.

Also, because finding the page is a pain, Roxy's closeups.

May I ask why you are trying to disprove my theory?

It's a very unintrusive explanation for why the void outfit looks like it looks and there is nothing in canon that contradicts it. At worst it's a case of assigning meaning to a coincidence.

Also hussie pointed the most critical part of the GT outfit are the shoes.

Not sure why but it must be a serious thing and We saw that most of the God tier shoes of the same aspect don't mix.

Yeah, the mismatched shoes is pretty interesting. Maybe they're clues to a sequence? Like,

Life (fuchsia shows) --> Heart (dark green shoes) --> Doom (orange shoes)??? --> Light (blue shoes) --> Breath (yellow shoes) --> Hope (purple shoes) --> Rage

(although it kinda breaks down after that with rage circling back to itself an an overabundance of red and black shoes, although like the maid, the true colours might be hidden underneath for some of the designs or something)

Gabumon said:
May I ask why you are trying to disprove my theory?

It's a very unintrusive explanation for why the void outfit looks like it looks and there is nothing in canon that contradicts it. At worst it's a case of assigning meaning to a coincidence.
I just like debating things.

The Maid of Life shoes actually do have pink/fuchsia soles that aren't visible in that example though.

Don't know what's up with Hope though. I think Eridan's just a snob about his blood color or something.

I was gonna say, maybe the top of the Page shoes are not the actual shoe colour, like how the Maid shoes' true colour is on the bottom while the top is a decoy grey, due to the fact that Horuss's ministrife sprites give him a brown belt and shoes for his Void outfit while Roxy's void boots are black (including the bottom). However, seeing as the shoes aren't supposed to match, it would make more sense for Horuss's brown colours to be the shoe colours while Roxy's dark colours are the decoys, but since she has no brown at all, that can't be true, and the bottoms of Jake's shoes are still orange, so like Roxy, it can't be a decoy colour.

So yeah, guess Eridan and Horuss just modded their outfits? (And by "they modded the outfits", I mean "Hussie changed the designs"... he really does like to make these things difficult, lol.)

i dont think the maid thing is right because aradia's shoes have orange soles and damara's have black tops

(what do you call the top of a shoe)

Shoutmon said:
i dont think the maid thing is right because aradia's shoes have orange soles and damara's have black tops

It's ok. I think it is only logical that you're not familiar with anything but the underside of a shoe.

Shoutmon said:

But Jane's purple soles match Meenah's purple boots. Although on the other hand, Porrim's shoes are all red, rather than just having red soles as you'd expect...

what i was saying is that if there's some significance to the fact that a relationship holds true between the witch of life (feferi) and maid of life (jane), we should expect the same relationship to hold true between the witch of time (damara) and maid of time (aradia), but it doesn't

Gabumon said:
It's ok. I think it is only logical that you're not familiar with anything but the underside of a shoe.

??? im not a horse

oh

i thought you were talking about horse shoes...

Kc6xJ6c.png

A work-in-progress.

it's
paarthurnax!

the best npc in the entire game

Wally said:
@Edo: Quote from Pi after seeing the photo:

Thanks for delivering the message. :)

I'm thinking of putting my hamsteak drawings on my dA page. Is there anyone I drew who would have an explicit objection to that?

Also, do you want to be credited by name, or be omitted?

So, there are no objections then? Last chance to say something.

Back