"Excuse me, I may have just arted"

mushroom_world_map_by_walkazo-d6azyo5.png

western_mushroom_kingdom_map_by_walkazo-d6e1faw.png

Not sure if you posted these before or not Walkazo, but these are fantastic! These must have taken you quite some time.

Edo, we should never have agreed to co-author that comic. Clearly, our very existence as individuals is now at risk, as we meld into one Barney-hued art-making monster, with one arm working the computer and the other scribbling about with markers and pencil crayons and things. Fortunately, our collective hair will undoubtedly remain so fab. 8)

Or maybe I should make my own thread and post the link to my art there instead? Anyway, until then, I'll just encroach on this thread for a wee second to say:

Lumastar said:
Not sure if you posted these before or not Walkazo, but these are fantastic! These must have taken you quite some time.
Thanks! The first one took a few days, on top of I guess years of slowly figuring out the map, and making the occasional rough draft. The second one took a few hours, iirc.

(ok, im done nao)

Timetoduel3_537x10.gif
3n2iHN2.png

Pretty fab, yes.

I don't mind you encroaching on my thread. Might even make it more active and distract people from the fact that I never actually draw anything.

Speaking of mushroom maps, I recall I made one myself once.

http://www.mariowiki.com/File:Weatherchartsept10.png

Mine was magnitudes shittier though.

Glad you like the design ^.^;

Genji said:
Speaking of mushroom maps, I recall I made one myself once.

http://www.mariowiki.com/File:Weatherchartsept10.png

Mine was magnitudes shittier though.
Looks like it's faithfully based on Paper Mario, right?

While I'm usually one to stick to canon, geography is one field that requires heavy artistic liberties to work at all for multiple games. I.e. my map's mainly based loosely on Eurasia, with things like Sarasland's massive size and Dark Land's internal structure based purely on headcanon. As for actual canon, PM and SMB3 are the main sources, with specific regions from M&L:SS, PM:TTYD, SMRPG, SMW and Yoshi's Safari, and then the digital map's directly from M&L:BIS, with everything being heavily warped to fit together. Fortunately, most games are pretty modular these days (M&L:PiT, the NSMB titles, etc.), so if I ever get around to updating the map, the main non-island location I have to worry about (iirc) is NSMBWii, but that won't be too hard to jam in. The key is to assume that nothing's to scale, that coastlines are not accurate, and that Peach has multiple castles.

It's possible. I mean Paper Mario is like my favorite Mario franchise by far, and it looks like that's what I was going for. The picture is about five years old though, so I don't know anymore what I was thinking at the time. Probably nothing beyond "I need to make a map for a weather chart".

I find it interesting that you put Wario's castle into Sarasaland. In one of my other Shroom sections I went into a historical conflict where, upon the discovery of the lush and fertile Mushroom Kingdom, many of the main characters' ancestors fought over who gets to conquer the new land first, and the conflict ended with the ancestors of Daisy and Wario squabbling over the consolation prize Sarasaland.

My memory is also telling me that Wario's castle should be on Kitchen island, because that's where the djinn probably built it. The title screen of Wario Land II reveals the castle is sitting on its own island, and if you turn it a couple degrees clockwise, it vaguely matches up with Kitchen island. There's a bay in the south that could be Rice Beach, and the lake bordering Mount Teapot is there too. The castle is pretty big and sits where the Parsley Woods used to be. A bunch of landmarks are missing, which could be attributed to the land being flattened for the castle though. But all of that is conjecture, it's also possible Wario carried the lamp somewhere else before calling the djinn.

Sarasaland's just so underused, I took the vagueness of Wario's settings as an opportunity to give the country more facetime. (I mean, Diamond City sounds like it'd fit better in Jewelry Land, but w/e, it doesn't need embellishment, and probably gets more prominence here than in most headcanon maps anyway.) I think I put the castle in the desert because of Mario Superstar Baseball's Wario Palace, and because I heard Wario World depicted the castle in a desert, but I think that was a case of broken telephone and/or lack of screenshots, etc. Anyway, like Peach, Wario could have many residences (including one in the woods near one of Peach's castles, apparently); if you look closely, there is a dot on Kitchen Island indicating his residence there, and I put the island near Diamond City for a reason - another thing I'd do if I update the map is that I'd probably just turn his desert residence into the "palace" and actually label the castle on the island (there are a number of dots I left blank because the location should indicate what they are).

It's been ages since I last played Wario World, but I only remember the castle being shown from the inside, and then for the remainder of the game it's in its fucked up state. I forgot if the game shows the fixed castle at the end. It's possible. I don't know.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/genji-the-pollen-prophet/

I made a Genji skin for Minecraft because that game is lacking in caterpillars.

I looked a a YouTube video of the endings, and iirc the bad ending looked kinda like it was in a jungle. The second-worst ending had more open sky, but it's hard to tell since you just get one static shot of Wario and his surroundings, I think. All the better endings are back inside.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/the-scoop-of-justice/

The game is also severely lacking in ice cream.

EDIT:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/voltar-the-omniscient/

...and German brains in a jar.

I'm putting together a silly project right now, but one of the panels has turned out unusable for various reasons.

So instead of throwing it away, I'm going to post a sketched version of it here:

TF2ks69.png

Ignore the missing horns.

Bowser The Second said:
it most certainly is an acceptable choice

this game sucks
it really does

too much time in mass effect is spent walking around and staring at loading screens

javelin's just upset because you can sex up dudes in the game.

Javelin said:
Bowser The Second said:
it most certainly is an acceptable choice

this game sucks
it really does

too much time in mass effect is spent walking around and staring at loading screens

Ok, we were clearly not playing the same game then. Everybody knows Mass Effect is filled with walking around and staring at elevators!

Crocodile Dippy said:
you can sex up dudes in the game.

Not really, unless you're playing as a woman. Maybe the third one does it though, idk.

Genji said:
Ok, we were clearly not playing the same game then. Everybody knows Mass Effect is filled with walking around and staring at elevators!
I wish your friends would actually talk normally when they were in the elevators. The only thing I had fun with in Mass Effect was running around with Garrus and Wrex, but the only thing they'd ever do in the elevators was talk about some petty conflict or something.
Crocodile Dippy said:
javelin's just upset because you can sex up dudes in the game.
I never got that far, I was on some mission with a mind control plant thing and I just got fed up with how I wasn't enjoying myself after nine hours of playtime and quit the game.

Maybe it gets better, I don't know. I think my main problem with the game is that I played it right after playing Skyrim and it was just lackluster in comparison.

but javelin, you're a billy bob redneck, you're supposed to be aggressively opposed to anything relating to sexing up dudes

you are a disappointment, we're never playing doto together ever again

(also yes edo, you can only have gay sex in the third game)

Javelin said:
I never got that far, I was on some mission with a mind control plant thing and I just got fed up with how I wasn't enjoying myself after nine hours of playtime and quit the game.

Maybe it gets better, I don't know. I think my main problem with the game is that I played it right after playing Skyrim and it was just lackluster in comparison.

Eh, I don't know, it wasn't that bad to me. It was a bit annoyingly "waah, waah, humans have it so bad and all those aliens are scary" at the beginning, but then it went past that and every time and the rest was pretty good.

As far as BioWare games go, Mass Effect is definitely a step ahead of Dragon Age. At least in ME when it comes to a fight you get to actually DO SOMETHING. DA's battle system is wayyyy too pointy and clicky for me to enjoy. Point and click just doesn't click with me. I tried dialing down the difficulty so the battles would be over faster, but there's not much of an improvement. I also don't like how the game punishes you for doing sidequests. So much anger.

I guess I just enjoyed Mass Effect a whole lot more. The more original setting helps too.

df_wave_final_by_edofenrir-d8hdbnn.gif

A commission for DragonFreak. First time I dabbled in serious-ish animation. It's not perfect, but acceptable for a first attempt.

1gzJkdW.png

A picture of a dragon I drew a couple days ago.

Some issues, but I'm ok with how it turned out.

Two minutes later she fell down a flight of stairs.

Back