An Animation.

Tweester

WHOOSH!

I made this and it took forever and now my wrist hurts (don't worry i dont have carpal tunnel, but i might by the time school starts) ;D

Dude, but the gif in the sig is waaay too addicting to watch.... :D

Free Loader said:
Although I can tell there was effort put into it, there wasn't enough patience put into it. It needs more frames so the animation isn't so choppy.

Uhm, this was originally made to enter in a contest seeing how good an animation you can make in 5 frames. And FYI i got second place.

Free Loader said:
Although I can tell there was effort put into it, there wasn't enough patience put into it. It needs more frames so the animation isn't so choppy.

Free Loader said:
Uniju, let's see you make a better animation with 5 frames only.

Lay off Uniju. He was just trying to give criticism.

Tweester, if you don't want people criticising your work, I wouldn't suggest posting it. :/

Garlic Man, you weren't even in the conversation. >_>

Ephidel said:

Tweester, if you don't want people criticising your work, I wouldn't suggest posting it. :/

Hey, look two(actually 3) posts up.

Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:

And you felt it neccesary to throw yourself into a disagreement not concerning you?
When I see unneccesary bashing, I tend to try and stop it.

Garlic Man said:
Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:

And you felt it neccesary to throw yourself into a disagreement not concerning you?

Problem is: It wasn't "Unnecessary bashing." Uniju gave a perfectly valid criticism without any hint of flame, and there's no way he could have know Tweester could only use 5 frames.

now get on-topic plz

Ephidel said:

I didnt say he couldnt criticize I'm just pointing out something that I forgot to mention about it so he doesnt get the wrong idea

Blitzwing-2 said:
Garlic Man said:
Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:

Problem is: It wasn't "Unnecessary bashing." Uniju gave a perfectly valid criticism without any hint of flame, and there's no way he could have know Tweester could only use 5 frames.

now get on-topic plz
Blitzwing: You need to put Herr-Friend in your personal text. :)

Garlic Man said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
Garlic Man said:
Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:

now get on-topic plz

I thought it was "fiend"?

On topic, I first thought it was weird, and I didn't get what was going on, but now when I saw it was limited to 5 frames, I liked it better. Do you mind if I post a 5-framed gif I made?

Free Loader said:
I don't know what approach to take in the conversation after someone says "It was in a contest where I couldn't use more than 5 frames", so instead I'll just say I lol'd... at this thread...

Why, cuz you don't think that people should feel free to share their work?

Smiddle said:
Garlic Man said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
Garlic Man said:
Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:

now get on-topic plz

I thought it was "fiend"?

On topic, I first thought it was weird, and I didn't get what was going on, but now when I saw it was limited to 5 frames, I liked it better. Do you mind if I post a 5-framed gif I made?

go ahead ;D

Free Loader said:
Tweester said:
Free Loader said:
I don't know what approach to take in the conversation after someone says "It was in a contest where I couldn't use more than 5 frames", so instead I'll just say I lol'd... at this thread...

I don't get it, so I'll go with the most obvious choice and decide that was suppose to be an insult.
Of course I think people can share their work, I'm not a f***ing idiot. How about I come in here with a 1 panel sprite "comic". Your first response would obviously be something like "OMGWTF IM GARLICMAN UNIJU SUCKS GO TO HELL LOL" or "Why is it so short? You f***ing lazy ass, you couldn't make a comic for your life". And than I'm like "It was for a contest where I could only use 1 panels."

Why make a sprite comic contest where you can only use 1 panels? Why make an animation contest where you can only use 5 frames?
Actually, one-framed comics can be quite successful. Just look at The Far Side.

Free Loader said:
Tweester said:
Free Loader said:

I don't get it, so I'll go with the most obvious choice and decide that was suppose to be an insult.
Of course I think people can share their work, I'm not a f***ing idiot. How about I come in here with a 1 panel sprite "comic". Your first response would obviously be something like "OMGWTF IM GARLICMAN UNIJU SUCKS GO TO HELL LOL" or "Why is it so short? You f***ing lazy ass, you couldn't make a comic for your life". And than I'm like "It was for a contest where I could only use 1 panels."

Why make a sprite comic contest where you can only use 1 panels? Why make an animation contest where you can only use 5 frames?

first its not like it was my idea
second are you trying to say i'm lying? cuz I'm not.
third ease up youre so sensitive.

also can we lock this if it is gonna start a flame war?

Free Loader said:
No I'm trying to say that animations are suppose to, um, look like their moving. Such a contest is basically "make a stationary animation".

its not completely stationary. there are a lot of things you can make with 5 slides

Free Loader said:
Tweester said:
Free Loader said:
No I'm trying to say that animations are suppose to, um, look like their moving. Such a contest is basically "make a stationary animation".

its not completely stationary. there are a lot of things you can make with 5 slides

Maybe not stationary, but it's just as you said, slides.

..... whats wrong with that?

*someone plz lock this*

It's not bad, considering. Most of my gifs are 8-25 frames, but I've done 2 with less than five frames. So, I'll give you 4 kudos points.

as11-40-5874-75.gif

BUMP!

Check out this animation I made.

Back