An Animation.

Tweester

WHOOSH!

I made this and it took forever and now my wrist hurts (don't worry i dont have carpal tunnel, but i might by the time school starts) ;D
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Dude, but the gif in the sig is waaay too addicting to watch.... :D
 

Tweester

WHOOSH!
Free Loader said:
Although I can tell there was effort put into it, there wasn't enough patience put into it. It needs more frames so the animation isn't so choppy.
Uhm, this was originally made to enter in a contest seeing how good an animation you can make in 5 frames. And FYI i got second place.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Free Loader said:
Although I can tell there was effort put into it, there wasn't enough patience put into it. It needs more frames so the animation isn't so choppy.
Free Loader said:
Although I can tell there was effort put into it, there wasn't enough patience put into it. It needs more frames so the animation isn't so choppy.
Uniju, let's see you make a better animation with 5 frames only.
 

ChaosNinji

Shine Sprite
Lay off Uniju. He was just trying to give criticism.

Tweester, if you don't want people criticising your work, I wouldn't suggest posting it. :/

Garlic Man, you weren't even in the conversation. >_>
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Ephidel said:
Lay off Uniju. He was just trying to give criticism.

Tweester, if you don't want people criticising your work, I wouldn't suggest posting it. :/

Garlic Man, you weren't even in the conversation. >_>
Hey, look two(actually 3) posts up.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:
Hey, look two(actually 3) posts up.
And you felt it neccesary to throw yourself into a disagreement not concerning you?
When I see unneccesary bashing, I tend to try and stop it.
 

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
Garlic Man said:
Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:
Hey, look two(actually 3) posts up.
And you felt it neccesary to throw yourself into a disagreement not concerning you?
When I see unneccesary bashing, I tend to try and stop it.
Problem is: It wasn't "Unnecessary bashing." Uniju gave a perfectly valid criticism without any hint of flame, and there's no way he could have know Tweester could only use 5 frames.

now get on-topic plz
 

Tweester

WHOOSH!
Ephidel said:
Lay off Uniju. He was just trying to give criticism.

Tweester, if you don't want people criticising your work, I wouldn't suggest posting it. :/

Garlic Man, you weren't even in the conversation. >_>
I didnt say he couldnt criticize I'm just pointing out something that I forgot to mention about it so he doesnt get the wrong idea
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Blitzwing-2 said:
Garlic Man said:
Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:
Hey, look two(actually 3) posts up.
And you felt it neccesary to throw yourself into a disagreement not concerning you?
When I see unneccesary bashing, I tend to try and stop it.
Problem is: It wasn't "Unnecessary bashing." Uniju gave a perfectly valid criticism without any hint of flame, and there's no way he could have know Tweester could only use 5 frames.

now get on-topic plz
Blitzwing: You need to put Herr-Friend in your personal text. :)
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Garlic Man said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
Garlic Man said:
Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:
Hey, look two(actually 3) posts up.
And you felt it neccesary to throw yourself into a disagreement not concerning you?
When I see unneccesary bashing, I tend to try and stop it.
Problem is: It wasn't "Unnecessary bashing." Uniju gave a perfectly valid criticism without any hint of flame, and there's no way he could have know Tweester could only use 5 frames.

now get on-topic plz
Blitzwing: You need to put Herr-Friend in your personal text. :)
I thought it was "fiend"?

On topic, I first thought it was weird, and I didn't get what was going on, but now when I saw it was limited to 5 frames, I liked it better. Do you mind if I post a 5-framed gif I made?
 

Tweester

WHOOSH!
Free Loader said:
I don't know what approach to take in the conversation after someone says "It was in a contest where I couldn't use more than 5 frames", so instead I'll just say I lol'd... at this thread...
Why, cuz you don't think that people should feel free to share their work?

Smiddle said:
Garlic Man said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
Garlic Man said:
Ephidel said:
Garlic Man said:
Hey, look two(actually 3) posts up.
And you felt it neccesary to throw yourself into a disagreement not concerning you?
When I see unneccesary bashing, I tend to try and stop it.
Problem is: It wasn't "Unnecessary bashing." Uniju gave a perfectly valid criticism without any hint of flame, and there's no way he could have know Tweester could only use 5 frames.

now get on-topic plz
Blitzwing: You need to put Herr-Friend in your personal text. :)
I thought it was "fiend"?

On topic, I first thought it was weird, and I didn't get what was going on, but now when I saw it was limited to 5 frames, I liked it better. Do you mind if I post a 5-framed gif I made?
go ahead ;D
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Free Loader said:
Tweester said:
Free Loader said:
I don't know what approach to take in the conversation after someone says "It was in a contest where I couldn't use more than 5 frames", so instead I'll just say I lol'd... at this thread...
Why, cuz you don't think that people should feel free to share their work?
I don't get it, so I'll go with the most obvious choice and decide that was suppose to be an insult.
Of course I think people can share their work, I'm not a f***ing idiot. How about I come in here with a 1 panel sprite "comic". Your first response would obviously be something like "OMGWTF IM GARLICMAN UNIJU SUCKS GO TO HELL LOL" or "Why is it so short? You f***ing lazy ass, you couldn't make a comic for your life". And than I'm like "It was for a contest where I could only use 1 panels."

Why make a sprite comic contest where you can only use 1 panels? Why make an animation contest where you can only use 5 frames?
Actually, one-framed comics can be quite successful. Just look at The Far Side.
 

Tweester

WHOOSH!
Free Loader said:
Tweester said:
Free Loader said:
I don't know what approach to take in the conversation after someone says "It was in a contest where I couldn't use more than 5 frames", so instead I'll just say I lol'd... at this thread...
Why, cuz you don't think that people should feel free to share their work?
I don't get it, so I'll go with the most obvious choice and decide that was suppose to be an insult.
Of course I think people can share their work, I'm not a f***ing idiot. How about I come in here with a 1 panel sprite "comic". Your first response would obviously be something like "OMGWTF IM GARLICMAN UNIJU SUCKS GO TO HELL LOL" or "Why is it so short? You f***ing lazy ass, you couldn't make a comic for your life". And than I'm like "It was for a contest where I could only use 1 panels."

Why make a sprite comic contest where you can only use 1 panels? Why make an animation contest where you can only use 5 frames?
first its not like it was my idea
second are you trying to say i'm lying? cuz I'm not.
third ease up youre so sensitive.

also can we lock this if it is gonna start a flame war?
 

Tweester

WHOOSH!
Free Loader said:
No I'm trying to say that animations are suppose to, um, look like their moving. Such a contest is basically "make a stationary animation".
its not completely stationary. there are a lot of things you can make with 5 slides
 

Tweester

WHOOSH!
Free Loader said:
Tweester said:
Free Loader said:
No I'm trying to say that animations are suppose to, um, look like their moving. Such a contest is basically "make a stationary animation".
its not completely stationary. there are a lot of things you can make with 5 slides
Maybe not stationary, but it's just as you said, slides.
..... whats wrong with that?

*someone plz lock this*
 

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
It's not bad, considering. Most of my gifs are 8-25 frames, but I've done 2 with less than five frames. So, I'll give you 4 kudos points.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
 

Stooben Rooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
BUMP!

Check out this animation I made.

 
Top