Ripping high resolution album artwork from iTunes?

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
Is it possible?

Pretty sure the best you can get is whatever resolution the picture is saved as.

It's been a while since I have done it, but you should be able to turn on 'View Hidden Folders' in your iTunes, then hunt down the picture that way. Annoyingly, though, iTunes renames all your files to 4-character garbage so it can be quite a pain.

Alternatively, you can Google for a program that will dig up backups of your iTunes files for you, which should also include artwork. I've done it before but can't for the life of me remember the program I used.

I hope that helped in some way. D:

If they have artwork, I think you can right click (in your iTunes program), select a music track with the artwork, go to "Get Info", go to the artwork tab, and copy and paste the artwork into an image editing program. If it's proper, it should be normal res.

Delelelele Whoop said:
you should print screen the artwork and crop it in paint

He's asking for high resolution artwork. Obviously, just print screening the artwork as it appears in iTunes will make it appear lower res than if you just copy and paste the album art source, using my method of retrieving it.

Alternatively, couldn't you just Google for a high resolution picture?

It's not a guarantee. Having the music nearly guarantees not only the artwork itself but a normal res version of it

Back