Comp. Smash Bros.

NotABannableOffense

My heart belongs to another.
Banned User
Let's talk about the big names in Smash.(I'm tallking people like Ken, Azen, Captain Jack, Chu Dat, PC Chris, M2K, Chillin, Wife, etc.)

Hell, lets just talk about anything related to Smash tournaments.

I've decided that I like M2K better than Ken. Hell, I like just about anyone better than Ken.

In other news, I want Salem to win Apex in 2014.

If you don't know anything about the History of competitive SSB/M/B/ I'd recommend The Smash Brothers youtube series.

First Episode

I ended up joining competitive Brawl very late; joined in June 2012. But I was only 10 when Brawl was released, and I'm pretty sure my parents would not let me attend tourneys at that age anyways. :p

Day after day after joining Smashboards, I checked the tourney listings for Brawl in Quebec. That finally happened a few weeks before June 3rd, 2012. I was so pumped for that day!

My first tourney didn't go so smoothly, I was nearly last (got 17/22 lol), but you know, I'm glad to have joined because I get to do what I love to do; playing Smash. People were glad to see a new person, and I was glad to show what I was capable of despite my age! People underestimated me for only being 14 and using Ness... I was glad I proved some of them wrong! I even remember the hype I got with some of my matches!

I've gone to about 5 offline tourneys, and about 3 on wifi. I don't mean to brag, but my 2 best friends I've made from Quebec's Brawl scene (Kels and Guard) consider me as one of, if not the best Ness mains in Canada! Some of my other friends say that as well about my Ness. I know I've came a long way and so glad to have earned such a title! Although I still consider myself as just a learning Smasher since I still need match up experience, am still pretty young and don't get to travel.

Joining the Smash community is one of the best decisions I've made and I've also met amazing people!

I plan on returning for Smash 4 as well for the competitive scene. :)

I'll type more tomorrow when I'm not on my phone and should be sleeping lol

If It hadn't sneaked up on me, I would have trained to be ready to go to Geeksboro this past Saturday.

However, it isn't like I had time to go anyways.

Hm, I beat most people (getting third as a result) in a high school Brawl tournament. And I was using the top of the bottom: Mario. Of course, I lost to Marth >_>.

ken is pretty much retired, he isn't nearly as good as he used to be. he pretty much went to evo 2013 because of losing to scar at kings of cali 2. mango is probably the best active melee player in the world, he dominates tournaments, and only lost to m2k at pound v.5 because he was sandbagging (being scorp).

Somewhat of a bump. And this post is not meant to advertise, but anyways...

So Kels, one of my closest friends, and the best (female) Sonic in Canada, hosts online Brawl tourneys (almost) every month. I've attended 2 of her online tourneys, and I'll attend another one of her's again on December 28th!
Sign-ups are here. You have to be a member on her site and Twitch.tv to be in the tourney!
^If you wish to join, please read the rules carefully.

I've gone to 7 tourneys total. I'll post my experiences in spoilers cause most of these are LONG.

Actually you know what I'll just post my offline tourney experiences for now due to the length. =P

Also I may get carried away using Smash terminology. If you don't understand, feel free to ask. :)
Date: June 2nd, 2012
1st tourney: Smash 'til you Crash 3
Results Thread! (Got 17/22... Not that anyone does well their first tourney. =P)
There was a Doubles side event but that didn't really count for anything lol
Bracket Image
(A bye basically means you don't play anyone for that set, there's no one named Bye xD)
Characters I used: Mainly Ness, though I went Toon Link for like a match or 2.
Notes: Meta-Knight was banned.

I won a match against someone who switched to Marth because I switched to Ness, which is a pretty bad match-up for Ness since he gets chaingrabbed and outranged... Then he switched to Wolf 3rd match and I lost that so I got eliminated lol

Played lots of friendlies there. Though at this tourney, I met someone there named Tarex and he mains Yoshi. Since then, I hated fighting Yoshi because of Egg Toss spam and pivot grabs. :P
Got challenged to a Ness ditto, and I got 2-stocked. Though I still wonder to this day how I F***ing survived his Ness back-throw at 150% on Battlefield xD (though surviving that was pointless since I got killed as I tried to recover LOL)

Date: October 20th, 2012
2nd Tourney: Show me the Poutine 2
Results:Got 25th/41, at least I did better lol
Results Thread!
Bracket Image, though click twice for better quality!
Characters I used: Ness, and ONLY Ness this time. ;)
Notes: Meta Knight was banned, but only by 1 vote. xD (We voted before the tourney started if Meta Knight would've been banned or not lol)
Stream Recorded:Go to like 1:38:xx. My first set was recorded. lol
But if you wanna see like me setting up controls and whatever, go to like 1:35:xx. =P

Unfortunately there wasn't much time for friendlies this time, but I did some 2vs2 friendlies with Guard, an amazing Fox player (the best Fox player in Canada actually and is now my best friend ^__^). I usually got the winning kill with a Ness Forward-Tilt xD
This one match I unintentionally saved him; you know that wind the PSI Magnet generates? Well, if someone is launched, and you deactivate the magnet around them when they're flying, the windbox negates their knockback. My partner lived until 230% because of that XD (This would only work if Team Attack is on, and it's fundamental that Team Attack is on in Doubles for competitive Smash lol) and it's one thing that makes Ness one of the best partners in Doubles. Another thing is that he can heal from his partner, so it helps Ness survive long.

When the tourney started, I had to go against the Wolf main I lost to from last tourney... Unfortunately I still lost LOL
Though if I knew Brinstar was legal, I totally would've went there 2nd match. (Loser gets to pick the next stage as long as it's legal and the winner doesn't ban you from counterpicking it)
2nd set, I faced a Lucas, I won. Though I used Ness' Forward-Tilt so much that set. xD

3rd set, I went against ROB, and I got 2-stocked. Then 2nd match he switched to Luigi, I go to Delfino (again I would've went to Brinstar had I known it was legal this tourney, but the silly tournament thread showed a different stage list lol) and I lost that one too. I also hate Luigi now LOL

...But, we got images taken this tourney! XD

486777_10151292591270719_2091737871_n.jpg

178631_10151292601730719_27732987_o.jpg

^Ness mains must stick together! xD
Looking back my glasses look off-center and my eyes look weird.

3rd tourney: Show me the Poutine 3
Results Thread
Results: 17th/21... Yeah not good. Though before the results were corrupted and said I got 13/21. =P
No bracket image. :/
Characters I used: Ness. I went Yoshi in 1 friendly though but I got combo'd badly at the end so I stopped using him LMAO
Notes: Meta Knight was finally legal. :p

Um, tbh I kinda preferred the one I went to in October; way more people were there (like 2x amount of people lol), and we had a stream so it was more memorable. =P
It was still hella fun though. We actually had time for friendlies this time that weren't FFAs lol

Onto my bracket though...
So 1st set I play against Desu~ who mains Jiggs & C.F.
Jiggs I beat with ease (though 1st stock I ALMOST SD with PKT2 like 5 seconds in the match LOL). Every KO I got was a B throw lol
Against his Captain Falcon though, it was more intense though. We were both at 1 life and like 120% so it was very terrifying, but IIRC I got a Bair.

2nd set, guess who I had to play against? ALLY (MIND YOU HE'S LIKE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD). While I was waiting for us to do our set, I was really anxious and stressed.
...Then when we played I got owned badly, needless to say. I was so freaking lost in that set I didn't see explosions, mines, grenades and whatnot Game 1 LOL
Then Game 2 we go to Delfino, we both fall into the water, I try to Dair him but I miss and then I died at 50% from an U Smash 1st stock. Then Grab Release stupidness happened. though when the platform went to the shine gate we were both falling and didn't know where our characters were LOL
At least Ally died once Game 2 since he failed to explode himself while trying to recover lol
So yeah that was awful.

3rd set I face against a D3, and it was pretty close both games, but U tilt is dumb and I died from it. Then Game 2 I die the moment he respawns from a Bair LOL

Then after I was doing some friendlies, and I won 9 friendlies in a row (I was winning too often and I felt bad so after 9 wins I stopped to let someone else go lol) against like the same 3-4 people. Why couldn't I have them in my Bracket XD

Some notable friendlies:
Against a ZSS, I won with all my lives remaining. 1st stock I killed her with those armor pieces, 2nd stock I killed her with a Bair and 3rd stock I killed him while she tried to intercept my PKT2 recovery LOL (she died before I fell though XD)

Against a Sheik I got 2 PK Flash kills. Was really awesome.

Against Diddy I survived to 225%, and I was catching those banana peels all day.

Against another Diddy I barely won since we were both recovering and he was winning but I hit him while he was using his Up B and his jetpack exploded and he died before I did LOL XD

564485_530949370282274_269596816_n.jpg

24651_530949313615613_1400136812_n.jpg
Yeah, we had to play on TVs that small lol
It's even a bit shorter than my laptop screen... XP

4th Tourney: Show me the Poutine #6 (oh hey my magic number =P)
Results: 9th/17th
Results Thread!
...Unfortunately no bracket image.
Characters I used: Ness mostly, but I went Yoshi for ONLY one match.
Notes: Meta Knight was allowed, I met Kels for the first time there, and it was a hell of a lot fun!! ^__^

So, my sister drops me off (not directly in front of the place, so I had to walk lol), and when I walked there, I saw Kels walking in as well!

I pay the venue fee, enter, and boy was I glad to meet Kels for the first time IRL! I did a wi-fi match with her a few days before the tourney (as linked in my previous post), and it was fun and hilarious. So we were just talking, and I learned that Doubles were just finishing. =P

So as the Doubles were finishing, I ended up playing Tarex for a friendly, and his Yoshi is still good (and annoying as hell LMAO) as ever. Dealing with Yoshi is still something I need to work on. :p
Then he switched to Link, and I got a wacky PKT2 on him. Was pretty cool. But then I got killed seconds after he came back from an F-Smash LOL
And then I ended up failing my PKT2 recovery even though I had like a 20-30% lead on him (we both had 1 stock left lol). And I was thinking like "Oh boy, my inability to maintain a lead is going to be my downfall..." .__.

Then registration for Singles begun, and there was a bit of time for a few friendlies, so me, Kels, her brother Jay, and her friend Matt did FFAs together. Was so fun, and we started playing the revenge game and targeted whoever your killer was LOL
I won 2 FFAs, and I believe Kels won 1. We were about to start our 4th but then Morks said Pools were starting so we had to stop. =P

In my Pools, I had Holy, Techiyo, and Genesis.
Techiyo went Marth, and I was like "eh, I don't care how bad Ness vs. Marth is". But then I really learned how bad it was since I never played a good Marth before LOL
So we went on Smashville, and he ended up killing himself by missing the ledge (though he still had the lead lol). Then I got killed by a B-air (at least we both had 1 life left).
Then I CP'd Delfino, and ironically I did worse there even though it's my favorite stage. Got 2 stocked lol

Then I went against Holy, and he went Wolf. First match I got like a 75% lead on him and a Jab Lock (though I missed the F-Smash >__>), but then I was getting juggled to hell. Got 2 stocked lol
Then we went on Delfino, I died at the end from him spiking me in the water. :c

Genesis I somehow managed to win against. He went ROB (though I thought he'd go Toon Link/Zelda LOL), and we went on Battlefield Game 1. I suck at reading lasers, especially when he's offstage lol
I also can't stand his N-air or B-air... >__>
But it was pretty close, and I managed to win. I reflected a Gyro anytime it landed on the ground. :p
Then Game 2, he CP'd Frigate Orpheon (I didn't have a ban since I don't have Match Up EXP lol), and OH. MY. GOD. That was super intense.
Last stock, I was at 100% and he was at 20%. Then Kels came in to watch (without me knowing though), and idk how, but I managed to do my PK Fire string and follow-ups, and I was making a comeback! We were both at 120%, so it was really intense, and I N-air'd, but he shielded, so I was like ASDFGHJKL NESS RUN and thankfully I avoided his attack. Then I won with a U-air kill!!
(And now I really learned the brokenness of U-air. Ness' head too good. XD)

Then after Pools finished, we went on lunch break, and I went with Kels, Matt and Jay to McDonalds. I just got a McChicken and 6 Chicken Nuggets since I didn't want to spend too much money.
Kels was kind of loud at times and it drew attention, but we still had a good time eating! XD

We got back a bit before lunch break ended, so we did our FFAs again. I got a PK Flash on Kels and she was ANGRY LOL
I still won that FFA, and then our 2nd FFA I went Lucas, but accidentally killed myself at the end since I thought I had my Double Jump but actually used it lol

Bracket started, and I had to go up against Morks (the host), and it was the best (as in hilarious) set of the tourney. So first match, he went DK, and I lost (though he didn't want to do the infinite on Ness).
I got 2-stocked there, then I counter-picked to Halberd (I would've gone to Delfino but I wasn't sure if that's a good idea against DK lol) and he went Ness. The ending of that match was too funny though. We were both on our last stock, at 0, and he does the ledge PK Thunder, but he fell too low to grab the ledge, so I won that LOL
Then he goes MK, and he Side-B'd off the stage within the first 5 seconds. But remember when I said my inability to maintain a lead would be my downfall? ...Yeah. D-Smash/Dair/Up-B/Tornado are lame. :c
^That was still funny though... XP

Then I ask Kels on how to maintain a lead, and thank god she told me. Would've been useful to know earlier, but now I know! =P

So then I go up against Jay (Kels' younger brother) in bracket, and he goes G&W, my most hated MU b/c of those stupid Smashes. Fortunately I won that (had a high % lead lol) and then he switched to MK and CP'd Delfino. I won (with a 2-stock lol), but then he raged and I was worried. Then Kels just told me not to worry about him. =P

And then Jay tells me in the bracket I have to go up against either Holy or Tarex. Well, at that point, I was rather worried. In the end though, I fought Tarex, and it did not really go well LOL
So we go on Smashville Game 1, I'm trying to shield the Eggs, but Yoshi's grabs were getting to me and the Grab Release > U-Smash he can do on Ness is lame. Yoshi's Jab was also super annoying since it was faster than anything I tried... That Jab is such an annoying panic button.
Well, I got 2-stocked there, and then Tarex tells me to go Yoshi myself since he sucks at the ditto (and said it was retarded LMAO). I was rather hesitant, but... I switched to Yoshi, and my god, the ditto really is retarded. It's mostly Jabs, Grabs, Egg Lay and Egg Toss. And Jab is like your best friend whenever you're scared as Yoshi. lol
I did a bit better, but I was still 2 stocked. Oh well.

And I was out, but then learned I got 9th (I didn't know how many people were there at the time lol).

So yeah, that's my tourney experience! Had an amazing time there!!

5th tourney: Smash 'til you Crash 4
Results: Uh... Yeah, this is rather disappointing, but I didn't place. Will explain...
(There was no Results Thread due to Smashboards being down and no bracket image either, even then it would be pointless to show the bracket)
Characters I used: Ness all the god damn way.
Notes: Oh hey, remember that guy I mentioned, Guard, from the 2nd tourney?! We had finally united and met each other again! ^__^
I saw Kels, Jay, Morks, Tarex and the others as well~

It was all the way downtown, and my sister had to park far away (tourney was in a university lol) for free, so we had to walk for a while. I got scared though because it felt overwhelming being in downtown. =P

I saw Kels doing 2vs2 friendlies, and she and her brother were doing awesome!!

Then Jay sees me after their match, and they were so excited to see me!
So me, Kels, Jay and a Snake main do a FFA, and at the end, it was just me and the Snake main left... he had 2 lives, I had 1 life and was at like 100%. X__X
I was making a pretty good comeback though and we were both at 150%. But then I was in a horrible position at the ledge (was on Pokemon Stadium 1) and got hit by his F-Smash while trying to avoid his U-Smashes. Oh well, was pretty damn close though!

Then I just do more FFAs and 1vs1 friendlies... =P
But then I see a money match with Tarex, and my god it was too hilarious! Tarex was being a goddamn troll to his opponent, Shinzou Matt (a Sonic main, and we just call him Shinzou since there's the Matt who is Kels' friend), and EVERYONE watching was laughing since Tarex was trolling and taunting Shinzou! XD
Tarex won that and won $20 lol

So then I see Guard... And I just really smiled when I saw him, and he did the same!! ^__^
Then I 1vs1 him in a friendly... God that Fox U-Smash is ridiculous lol. Was very close though! He beat me the 1st match but then during our 2nd match he was called to do his set since he entered Doubles. For the record I don't enter Doubles cause I don't have the extra money to spare nor a teammate. =P

I also had a few friendlies with Morks (the Brawl host), and we had 2 Ness dittos and he went Yoshi against me twice. Well, I won the Ness dittos (god those were so close xD) and he won whenever he went Yoshi (really close though).

Those friendlies were AMAZING, and my hands were numb and my knees were shaking! XD

Then Kels commented saying that she, Jay and Matt were watching me, and that I did amazing!! I was thinking like "did I really do that well? O__O" and then I tell them my hands are literally numb and my knees are shaking... We all bursted into laughter. XD
And Kels, Jay, Matt and I go for lunch again at McDonalds... well, we got our food to go this time, lol
Though I think there was something funky about that McDonalds (I got a McChicken and 6 Chicken Nuggets again), I did kind of feel a bit weird (not necessarily queasy but I guess... unhealthy?) :/

So after that, Pools start... or rather, everyone else's. I was in like the last pool and it took forever for my pool to start. God waiting for so long made me feel so stressed out... and then the funky McDonalds didn't help either. >__>
I was told that Kels and these 2 other people were in my pools.

...Then I learned that the Pools were also "Top 2 make it out"... X__X
Never had a scenario like this before, so that stressed me out even more. :/
I was the 1st one to do a set, and I unfortunately lost. How do you face Ike, that Jab is annoying as hell and he can play some good mindgames lol
Also please remind me to not go on Battlefield against Ike (or any place with plenty of platforms lol). I got smashed on those platforms more than I should've. :P
And Game 2 I accidentally killed myself launching Ness off-stage with PK Thunder on Delfino (I thought he'd barely go off-stage and be able to grab the ledge) from where I was... >__<

Then my 2nd set was against a Zelda/Marth main, and it was pretty easy beating him. =P

And then I go up against Kels again (I fought her online like a month before this tourney lol)... God, how do you face Kirby and Sonic?! Kirby I can't seem to find a blindspot because U-Tilt/Grabs/B-air/F-Smash is too annoying for me to deal with and covers him pretty well, and I still don't know much on how to fight Sonic LMAO

In the end though, I didn't make it out of Pools... oh well. I played a few more friendlies (against a Falco and a Jiggs lol), and I won them! Then I unfortunately had to leave.

Well, despite not placing in this tourney, I had an awesome time and was glad to have some amazing friendlies and see those awesome friendly faces, and meet some new, great people!

So yeah, those are all my offline tourney experiences!! Hoped you enjoy reading them!
I'm definitely looking forward to more tourneys to attend (and placing a lot better), but sadly, Morks (the one who usually hosts these Brawl tourneys) had to retire from hosting due to work, studying, and location. Quebec's Smash Scene isn't exactly alive, not to mention most people in the scene here play Melee/Project M instead of Brawl. Oh well, maybe that'll change with Smash 4!
I'm still hoping for another Brawl tourney before Smash 4 though.

Oh hey I've been 3 more online tourneys and 1 more offline tourney from my last post here, lemme get into the offline tourney... (Putting in Spoilers since it's very long)

9th Tourney: Polybash 13
Date: March 1st, 2014 (It was actually a 2-day tourney but Brawl was just on that day :p)
Results: 13th/41! (41 people entered, 24 people made it to Bracket.)
Results Thread
My Pool (I was unlucky to have Mew2King LMFAO)
Bracket Image
Characters Used: I used Peach and Yoshi in friendlies since I was doing 2vs2 friendlies with Tarex (yes we even did double Yoshi :P), but otherwise I went NESS ALL THE WAY.
Notes: I feel SO proud of myself (Many of my fellow smashers were as well)... Best placing offline so far!!

Meta Knight was legal, though the stage list was weird. I'll get to that a bit later on.

So I had to travel quite far for the tourney (my brother was with me to drop me off since my mom didn't want me going alone but he didn't actually participate)... My sister drops me off at the metro (which is basically a subway). Had to take 2 trains to get there (since the stop was at a different line from where I was dropped off). Then after I got off, I had to go up this huge escalator ramp thing and then go up several flights of stairs. The metro stop I got off at was connected to the building, and then I had to leave that building and go outside to another building. THERE WERE SO MANY STAIRS THOUGH. It was so confusing to get to the venue, and I was even texting Kels cause I was getting lost and I had trouble finding the last sign to get to the venue. XD

Then I FINALLY get to the venue. I see Kels, and we hug... And she's like "WTF TIMMY, YOU'RE TALLER THAN ME". She told me she thought she shrunk.
So I wait in line to pay the venue fee and to participate in Brawl singles. I also brought my Wii (since it's always good to bring another setup). Unfortunately, no one saved replays or anything on my Wii, though my name list is more filled up.

So I end up doing 2vs2 friendlies (with Tarex as my partner!) against Kels' friends, Shan and Matt. Tarex and I did awesome, and we even went for Double Yoshi at one point... Beats doing Yoshi dittos again though.
Then Brawl Doubles are going on... So I'm just waiting for quite a while and doing more 2vs2 friendlies or FFAs (oddly I didn't do friendlies for Singles). =P

Finally, the Brawl Pools start. But guess who I had in my pool. I had M2K in my pool... And 3 other guys. It was a 5 person pool, and it was Top 3 make it out of Pools. I lost against M2K (and got 3-stocked lol), but I beat the other 3 guys! So I got 2nd in my pool!!!! :D
...Unfortunately, my C-Stick stopped working during Pools, so I had to borrow someone else's controller (I was mainly using Jay's controller; Kels' younger brother). I felt bad though... I even tried unplugging my controller and plugging it back in, but it still didn't want to work. :/
It works now though. Would've been nice to know X + Y + A + Start "resets" the controller earlier. :P

I was against DarkBlaster first (uses Pit/ROB/Falco), though I noticed after my first match my C-Stick was barely working. It was a pain in the neck not being able to do my Smashes or Aerials so smoothly, so I borrowed Jay's controller afterwards when he wasn't playing. We were on Final Destination both games.
(When my opponent gets to counterpick, I always ban Yoshi's Island lol)

Then I was against Frr, a Zero Suit Samus. But I totally love that match-up, cause I can use the armor pieces quite well. We were on Smashville Game 1, then Battlefield Game 2.

After I went against M2K, and needless to say, I got destroyed. We were on Smashville Game 1, and I counterpick Delfino Game 2. I was so freaking lost though, and Shuttle Loop (Meta Knight's Up-B) is dumb.

I do my final set with Erable, a Pikachu main. For some reason though, I found Pikachu's Up Air to be quite annoying... But I still 2-stocked him. Game 1 was on Battlefield, Game 2 was on Pokemon Stadium. Also at one point he tried to hit me up in the air and then follow up with a Thunder... I didn't let that happen this time and I absorbed it with the PSI Magnet. ;)

So in Bracket, I'm against IKCT (the Wolf main) for the 3RD TIME. I faced him at my 1st and 2nd tourney, and lost the set. This time...
I barely lose Game 1. Not too sure why I was struggling though. (Was on Smashville)
Then Game 2, I counterpick Delfino. I spiked him in the water after he missed his attempt to spike me. Then on his last stock, we were both recovering and I was a bit above him. I go for the footstool, and I win! Oh my god I can't believe I pulled it off though!! xD
Game 3, he counterpicks Battlefield... But I 2 stock him with my PK Fire strings and grabs.
I was so shaky and my hands were numb after that set though... Man it was awesome. I got my revenge on him now. ;D

Then for my 2nd set, I'm against ALLY. AGAIN. At least I wasn't 3-stocked though, and I did manage to get him to a fairly high percent on his 2nd stock. We go on Smashville Game 1, then I counterpick Pokemon Stadium Game 2 (Ally told me Delfino was banned... I wasn't sure on that though cause when Halberd is legal, so is Delfino). I've feel comfortable on Pokemon Stadium 1 for some reason, I guess it's mainly cause of the windmill. :p
Although I did notice he was shielding my PK Fires lol

Then my 3rd set, I'm against MindWolf (a Pit main). I barely lose Game 1 (was on Final Destination). I wasn't sure why I was struggling though. Then Game 2 and Game 3, I barely win. I counterpicked Pokemon Stadium Game 2, and then Game 3 he counterpicks Lylat (I banned Yoshi's Island again). It was VERY close though, we were at like 120% last stock all 3 games. Ness B-Throw is a blessing though. XD

Then my 4th set, I'm against CHIBO (he mains ROB and I think he seconds Meta Knight and he's also one of those people with the Clash Tournament shirts). Oh my freaking god though... It was SO CLOSE, but I (BARELY) lost both games. I was getting my strings and PK Thunders as Ness though, and getting U-Tilt/U-Smash kills. We go on Battlefield Game 1, and then I counterpick Pokemon Stadium Game 2.
It was SO hype though. Many people were watching us (Kels and her friends, Tarex, Holy, etc. and it was like LAST STOCK 140% type of thing. xD
Unfortunately I just couldn't get that finishing blow... And I'm Bair'd as I try to recover. Oh well. I couldn't believe how close it was though and Holy was like "TIMMY FOR NEXT FOW" (FOW is a former Ness main and was the best Ness, but now he uses Meta Knight and Shaky took over his spot for best Ness lol) and Kels and her friends said I did AMAZING and she was even willing to bet money on me for winning!! XD

So yeah, I might've had some bad luck (in terms of pools/bracket seeding/controller issues), walk a LOT, and wait for my sister for about 30 mins to pick me up from the Metro and I got home fairly late at about 10:30 PM... But IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!! ^__^

Yay 2 images associated with me... I'm the one in the back with my shades on top of my 1-up Mushroom hat.
1653880_676858132352399_1588469714_n.jpg

1005936_676858332352379_1561220579_n.jpg

Nintendo will be hosting a Smash Bros invitational. They said 16 high level players will be there.

Nintendo is holding a Smahs tournamnet. I hope they get big names like M2K and Dr. PP.

I will going to beat them when the game is released

No more lag like Wii version

Will going to buy Wii U LAN adapter for it to be legit

I can do that but I don't like Melee's slow response compared to Brawl's fast response

Project M does it more better

UNCULTURED SWINE

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the invitational included items. They made for glory mode, they better use it. I hope the people chosen get at least a week of practice time or something, I'd hate for it be boring. Also, no free-for-all.

Chillin has been wrecking Project M lately (shoutout to curse / shoutout to energems), his Wolf is crazy.

Crackin355 said:
They made for glory mode, they better use it. [...] I'd hate for it be boring.

Doesn't the fact that the other mode is called For Fun make this boring by default?

No I meant so they aren't going in clueless, throwing out random moves that are missing while playing defensively until they figure out what works and what doesn't.

Even if combos are basically non-existent, there are still things they should be able do to continue applying pressure. top players need at least a little bit of time to get a feel of the game. I can watch people that have no idea what they're doing when everybody posts videos of themselves playing the demo at best buy.

Godzilla said:
PlayStation 4 said:
I can do that but I don't like Melee's slow response compared to Brawl's fast response

You can't be serious.
No.

Both games feel responsive, but Melee has an edge because it's a faster game in general. Characters fall faster, but you have extra hitstun, more shield stun, less destructive stale move negation, and more versatile air dodging. You also have the SHFFL (shot hop, fast fall, l-cancel), which enables aerial moves to be more usable in ground combat. Melee has much more offensive options than Brawl.

Brawl might run at a better framerate (or not) because it's a more modern game, but Melee's gameplay is faster-paced, and I say it's much more responsive than Brawl. With my worn shoulder buttons, I say it can be a little TOO responsive at times. (laughs).

Back