User Party - Turn 2 - So this is back. Tantusar's Turn - 9 turns remain

Re: User Party - Round 1-Turn 1 - Icemario11's turn - 20 turns remain

You know, as a suggestion, couldn't a board be manually constructed by someone to make gameplay easier? It would be a matter of slapping images together, I'd think.

Re: User Party - Round 1-Turn 1 - Icemario11's turn - 20 turns remain

Icemario11 rolls a one
*vrrmp*
Blue Space! +3 Coins

emotionTongue's Turn

Re: User Party - Round 1-Turn 1 - emotionTongue's turn - 20 turns remain

Icemario11 said:
You know, as a suggestion, couldn't a board be manually constructed by someone to make gameplay easier? It would be a matter of slapping images together, I'd think.
You know, you got a point. Heck, even something like this:

Start
|———
|1 2 3

1=blue space
2=red space
3=green space

I have no items, so I roll.

emotionTongue rolls a 3
*vrrmp vrrmp vrrmp*
Green Space! ...and nothing happens

Lakitulerapide's Turn
Then again... NOBODY can do anything but roll for now '~' Should I just roll for people until someone gets an orb or candy?

Oh, and i'm worn out, so goodnight.

Re: User Party - Round 1-Turn 1 - Lakitulerapide's turn - 20 turns remain

Yeah, just have us roll automatically, and whenever we got stopped by something, we can make the decision via PM.

Icemario11 said:

I'd like some visual on the board (but editing the images together seems a bit pointless since it'll have to be updated constantly) so here goes:

▶ - - ◉ - -

wow

Key: (this is pretty pointless, for now I've just added the obvious ones. I'll add more as we discover them):
  • ▶ - Start
  • - Blue Space
  • - Green Space
  • - Red Space
  • ◉- Unknown space

edit: forget that, I just looked at the op and he's already making one. :P This is Mario User Party, so does our magnificent board have a name?

and yeah all for automatic rolls until something important happens, it would make the first few turns progress a lot faster.

If you did it like the way you're proposing, then it would be hard to show who's on what space and who has what.

The image way of doing it would be clear as you could just slap the avatar of a user where they currently are, or do it how Mario Party does the view board option and have lines pinpoint where they are. If done this way, it'd also make more sense to have little bar things like in Mario Party that would have their current coin count, star count, position and items.

You could also replace the turn order part on the first post with these bar things, putting them in a vertical stack depending on the turn order, and updating them as stuff happens to the current stats. Speaking of updating, it shouldn't be that difficult seeing as they'll really just be small changes usually.

I'll whip up some examples to show you what I mean.

I was just trying to get a map layout instead of everyone's actual positions/standings/stuff. If you've got a better idea, then by all means go ahead, hopefully you have a flexible image editor to make it easier. :P Duo's hosting the game though, I really don't want to impede on that any further.

I've got a free trial of Photoshop, at least.
Though yeah, in the end, it's up to the host. I'm just suggesting ideas that may or may not improve gameplay.

Icemario11 said:
I've got a free trial of Photoshop, at least.
Though yeah, in the end, it's up to the host. I'm just suggesting ideas that may or may not improve gameplay.

At least a name should be done by players, layout is for the host though

That name of the board is Mario's Haunted Halloween Hallway, so it's gimmicks are Haunted House Based

And I was making a map image, but I couldn't finish it. I'll try to finish the map tomorrow

Duo said:
That name of the board is Mario's Haunted Halloween Hallway, so it's gimmicks are Haunted House Based

I'm in Halloween Overload, please don't

It's a bit late now, but this was what I had in mind. These were both slapped together, but this was basically to provide a physical image for what I meant.

Example Board Map:
bz5Z.png

The Koopa Kid spaces are the Bowser Jr spaces, by the way.

Example Player Tab Thing:
bcIU.png

EDIT: Fixed the START problem thing.

Icemario11 said:
It's a bit late now, but this was what I had in mind. These were both slapped together, but this was basically to provide a physical image for what I meant.

Example Board Map:
bcJZ.png

The Koopa Kid spaces are the Bowser Jr spaces, by the way.

Example Player Tab Thing:
bcIU.png

Remove the Bowser space in top right and make it start space and move turn to bottom there you have it

Oh yes, the START space. I completely overlooked that. XD

Though it doesn't matter much seeing as this is just an image of what I was talking about earlier, I fixed it anyway. The START space tends to be linked to a particular space of the board rather than part of the board itself, so I just linked it to a space instead.

Okay, i'll update this post with each person's roll every few minutes, so hang on tight, we're going in!
----
Lakitulerapide rolls a 2
*vrrmp vrrmp* (I'll stop doing that from now on ._.)
Oh no, Red Space! -3 Coins... wait he has none. So it's like a green space.
----
Cirdec rolls a 3!
Green Space!...er...
----
DragonFreak rolls a 6
Hm... a two way path. Which way to go, DragonFreak?
Right!
Green ? Space!
Two things happen
The ghosts fly away scared, so now it's not haunted anymore!
And a brick comes up
DragonFreak Hits it!
3!
DragonFreak gets 3 coins!
---
Xerneas rolls a 3
Aand Green... oh boy...
---
Kimberly Hart rolls a 4
Blue, so +3 Coins
---
NSM rolls a 5
The same path DragonFreak took blocks the way! Where to go...

sorry I'm late, what did I miss

So it's... BMB's turn?

Re: User Party - Round 1-Turn 1 - NSM's turn - 20 turns remain

Updated the post a bit.

Re: User Party - Round 1-Turn 1 - NSM's turn - Pick a path! - 20 turns remain

Phoenix Wright said:
Updated the post a bit.

Not to be a bother, but usually when there are more than 1 player tied for 1st, the next lowest wouldn't be 2nd. That means that if three people were tied for first, then the rest would be tied for 4th.

Back