call of duty developer says call of duty fans aren't hardcore gamers

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
Source

IGN said:
Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward has suggested that the people most engaged with the franchise aren't really gamers at all, as they don't play any titles that aren't affiliated with the series.

That's according to executive producer Mark Rubin, who told OXM that he didn't expect the imminent arrival of the next-gen consoles to have much of an impact on the make-up of COD's audience.

:yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:

:toad:

ohshi-

Last time a COD developer did something to annoy the fans (they made the sniper not as strong), the fans sent death threats and wished horrible things would happen to his family.

Michael Myers said:
Last time a COD developer did something to annoy the fans (they made the sniper not as strong), the fans sent death threats and wished horrible things would happen to his family.

The things people do for the littlest of things...

That is quite unsettling...

*sighs*

Pearl said:
They aren't hardcore gamers, or even gamers,

lol
lol as well.

Two funny stories about my brother, actually.

last night, I was just ranting about my eternal hate for the Call of Duty fanbase, and ugh (activision eww), and he was so mad about it, insisting that he was actually a "gamer". Sure, a casual Call of Duty and Minecraft player, I'll give him that.

And this one is even worse.

He was voice chatting his friends while he is playing (omg, so annoying). So I was listening to their conversation, as I was playing Wind Waker HD like right behind him.

and he basically said Black Ops II was the best game of all time -_-

ugh. seriously. You play like three games for a living and you call black ops II the best game of all time. -_-

imagine if george lucas said "if you've only ever watched the star wars movies, you're not a hardcore movie buff"
imagine if people disagreed with him

good for him

i'm sick of people saying they're huge video game fans and then when i try to talk to them they tell me they only play cod and minecraft

DragonFreak said:
IMO, which many will say that I'm crazy, but if don't play Mario in at least a semi-regular frequency, you're not a gamer.
you could say the same about any game. call of duty fans could say the exact same thing. any kind of fans of video games could say that about their favourite series.

Michael Myers said:
^This happens to me every time i'm on CoD Xbox Live

DragonFreak said:
IMO, which many will say that I'm crazy, but if don't play Mario in at least a semi-regular frequency, you're not a gamer.
lol wat

Gotta to love those 8 year old fanboys who think CoD is the only good game that exists and will make fun of anyone who likes any game that isn't CoD.

I don't mind CoD as a game or the people who made it but those fanboys need to shut up

NSY's opinion is surprisingly pretty close to mine.

I mean I actually like some of the Call of Duty games, its more the fanbase that bothers me.

Regardless, this is absolutely hilarious.

Who cares? "Hardcore gamer" is such a stupid term, anyway. It's just a way the gaming community acts like they're "better" than other people who play video games. Does it matter what games you play? If you play video games, you are a gamer. It doesn't matter if you play one series.

By that logic, you could say a lot of people on this board aren't true gamers because they only play Nintendo games.

Back