Donkey Kong Country Classics

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
I had an idea, and I was wondering what opinions people had on it.

Imagine if a new Wii U title was announced, and it was a port which included the three original Donkey Kong Country titles for the SNES home console on one disk. Each game was true to the originals, but beautifully remastered in glorious HD graphics.

We've had remakes for the originals ported to the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance in the past, but we haven't yet had any ports for the home console. If potential royalty discrepancies with Microsoft weren't likely in this fictional case, would you purchase such a game?

The series is fairly interesting and the gameplay looks good, plus I've always been interested when classic games are re-released, so yes I would

Pearl said:
dang it when i saw the title i thought this was actually going to be a real thing :(
I wish.

Pearl said:
honestly i'd even be satisfied if they just put them on the wii u vc
IIRC, there were royalty disputes with Microsoft on that front, back on the Wii's VC.

God, yes, please.

But I think there's a chance Rare might not let it get released.

This'd be a great idea. Bonus points if they make new Cranky commentary in a SMASLE-style combo instruction manual. I love the riff off the actual Donkey Kong Classics compilation game.

That sounds like an awesome game, but it would be even better if the disc had both the remastered and original games, for comparison y'know.
If of course, the Microsoft dispute is gone.

I'd love this. Seriously.

Great idea, only one teeenie weeenie little problem....... Rare. All rights to those three games are owned by them. To make matters worse, Rare is owned by microsoft.

On a side note, did you notice that they pulled DKC 1-3 from the Wii virtual console? Thats how selfish Rare and microsoft are. Not to burst your bubble or anything. I would like to see this just as much as you.

You probably knew all of this already, so just forget what I said.
Just me jumping the gun and reading all the posts again. Sorry.

That would be a dream come true. Although it probably won't happen since Microsoft owns Rare now.

Pearl said:
dang it when i saw the title i thought this was actually going to be a real thing :(

so did i, heh

but yes I'd definitely be interested in buying this.

The original Silicon Graphic assets are (probably) lost to the midst of time and remaking the games with Returns' engine would be more trouble and $$$ worth than the return on retro compilations.

fortunately, we have indie developers to the rescue

BX8Z3E6IYAAvwVC.png:large

I wish I had an Android.

Back