Being a newbie.

SUPERZ

Mariokart FOREVERRRRRRR (&Linux)
Hia guys! this is my first post on the board, and im a little new to this. but I'm really excited to be in a place where I can finally get in touch with my best friends on the wiki! ;D Im really excited about coming here for the first time, for someone whose been on the wiki for almost 3 years! Evan though I might sound weird at first (speaking that this is my first attempt starting a new subject) I hope to make new friends by just talking.

Back to the subject, What is/was it like going on the board for the first time? was is exciting? was it scary? was it fun? share your thoughts! :D

I had to make an account here only to write for the 'Shroom. But, I like posting my opinions (I was lurking in GameFAQs sometime before) and this is a Mario community, so this place is perfect.

Baby Luigi said:
I had to make an account here only to write for the 'Shroom. But, I like posting my opinions (I was lurking in GameFAQs sometime before) and this is a Mario community, so this place is perfect.

I think your right :) This place seems perfect for just sharing things about yourself with your friends. and best of all, it's from the mario wiki! I think I'm going to like this place. :D

SUPERZ said:
What is/was it like going on the board for the first time? was is exciting? was it scary? was it fun? share your thoughts! :D

Question 1: (talking Oct. 2012 here)Felt new to me and filled with uncertainty. Before joining in Jun. 2013, I assumed the age group was older than they are.

Question 2/3/4: (Jun. 2013 now)Exciting? Yes. Scary? No...not really. Fun? At first, no.

Also, welcome.

Bilbo Baggins said:
im stil a newbie so...

... so Those stars above your icon don't mean youve been here for a while?

Baby Luigi said:
You applied for The Shroom?

I did the same as Baby Luigi for joining, but mainly in the early days I just posted my opinions

Unknown Entity said:
SUPERZ said:
What is/was it like going on the board for the first time? was is exciting? was it scary? was it fun? share your thoughts! :D

Question 1: (talking Oct. 2012 here)Felt new to me and filled with uncertainty. Before joining in Jun. 2013, I assumed the age group was older than they are.

Question 2/3/4: (Jun. 2013 now)Exciting? Yes. Scary? No...not really. Fun? At first, no.

Also, welcome.

Thanks! ;D I was wandering, What are some of your favorite places to post?

Judging from my stats, I apparently love posting in Mindless Junk, Off-topic Discussion and Video Games.

I also enjoy the Super Smash Bros. sub-board.

Unknown Entity said:
Judging from my stats, I apparently love posting in Mindless Junk, Off-topic Discussion and Video Games.

I also enjoy the Super Smash Bros. sub-board.

I can relate allot to you on your intrests :rolleyes: Those definately sound like fun places to talk in.

85 said:
SUPERZ said:
Bilbo Baggins said:
im stil a newbie so...

... so Those stars above your icon don't mean youve been here for a while?

the stars mean squat nowadays, since it's so easy to amass 1000+ posts

Interesting.... I was also wandering, Are you able to wiki format text like the mario wiki, or is their another type of format you have to know (I am using quick links to help me out here, ex: quoting and putting down images)

Same general idea, just different tags. It's similar to HTML.

For example, when posting a hyperlink, use

Code:
[url]www.website.link[/url]

Demidevimon said:
Baby Luigi said:

Man that was WAY back then.

http://www.mariowiki.com/The_%27Shroom:Issue_XLVII/Music_%26_Artwork

85 said:
Same general idea, just different tags. It's similar to HTML.

For example, when posting a hyperlink, use

Code:
[url]www.website.link[/url]

Thanks for the tip! I will most likely use that allot!

Baby Luigi said:
Demidevimon said:
Baby Luigi said:

Man that was WAY back then.

http://www.mariowiki.com/The_%27Shroom:Issue_XLVII/Music_%26_Artwork
Good drawing

I drew that in like, middle school

I just joined yesterday, being a newbie is scary.

I don't remember much as a newbie. Probably a good thing. Of course, with my horrible memory, I could've anything. I used to not to try to post on Mindless Junk much, but now that's where I'm mostly at, because that's where most of the conversations are. I found out you can only talk about Mario for so long.

Kimberly Hart said:
I just joined yesterday, being a newbie is scary.

I'm sorta feeling excited and scared at the same time right now. But I also feel at home because I've been on the wiki for a while now. :)

Oh, judgmental things, yeah I had that vibe before

Unknown Entity said:
May I ask why in particular you feel scared?

People's responses to what you say?

Possibly. It just feels all new; Though, I think It'll all be fine at the end. :)

Back