Favorite/Least Favorite SSB stage

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
There hasn't been a topic like this since 2010, so I'll make a new one. Actually I checked it again, and Smasher made one in 2012, but it only had one page...........

I've only played Brawl, but here are my top 5 favorite and least favorite stages.

Favorite:
Luigi's Mansion - I love how you can destroy the mansion, and it'll rebuild after being destroyed.
Mushroomy Kingdom - This stage actually acts as two stages, one aboveground and underground. And items that appear are numerous and gets very chaotic, which I love Chaos.
Pokemon Stadium 2 - The constantly change of this stage is awesome. It creates very interesting battle strategies.
WarioWare - Love it for the minigames and nothing else.
The retro Yoshi's Island - I love it because it looks like Super Mario World.

Least Favorite:
Flat Zone 2 - It's awkward and too small for my liking.
Spear Pillar - The stage KOs me more than anything, and some of the special events, like when things get upside-down or the controls being opposite are super annoying.
75m - Love the design, but hate to play it. There's not enough platforms to make it interesting enough.
Hanenbow - not enough platforms, and I don't like how you can't swim in the water.
New Pork City - this my #1 least favorite stage. It's waaaaayyy too big. So big, it takes about 3 times as long to play through than other stages with stock. Plus that monster is annoying.

I haven't played in ages, but I think I'll get my ones in.

I love Final Destination because of the music, scenery and I like the film series even though they bear no relation.
Yoshi's Island is a favourite of my mine, I like its simplicity and the music.
Agree with Luigi's Mansion

I don't really like the sidescrollers: Rumble Falls, Mushroomy Kingdom and Big Blue, I'd rather just worry about my opponent, most of the time the stage hazards aren't annoying

Favorite: Final Destination/Battlefield/Castle Siege/Yoshi's Island Brawl/Smashville/Pokemon Stadium/Lylat Cruise (I like simplicity)

Least favorite: Temple (Too large and too boring to play in)

Mushroomy Kingdom sucks because how unMario it is. The music is nice, but Brawl seriously screwed up when representing Mario. I think the stage is a compliment to Mario's criminal-looking demeanor.

I actually like autoscrolling stages that aren't called Rumble Falls because it adds chaos to my games, and I like good chaos in my games.

Brawl handles its "gimmick" stages badly. In fact, a smaller percentage of Brawl's stages are tourney-viable than Melee's stages. Melee never have its share of 75m, Hanenbow, Mario Bros., and Spear Pillar. There are also obnoxious stage hazards like the flippin' checkpoint and the F-zero racers.

SSB64

Favorites: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City
Least favorite: Peach's Castle

Melee

Favorites: Poké Floats, Onett, Mute City, Temple
Least favorites: Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II, Jungle Japes

Brawl

Favorites: Luigi's Mansion, WarioWare Inc., Delfino Plaza, Mario Circuit
Least favorites: 75m, Mario Bros., Hanenbow, New Pork City

New Super Mario said:
75m and the Mario Bros. stage suck.
Yeah, they're both pretty bad, which is a shame, because they're both like playing the game.

Tailmon said:
SSB64

Favorites: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City
There is a Saffron stage in the original SSB? That's like my favorite city in the region. I'm missing out on so much.

Super Smash Bros.

Favorites: Dreamland, Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Kongo Jungle, Mushroom Kingdom

Least Favorites: Can't really say that there were any stages I hated

Melee

Favorites: Final Destination, Mushroom Kingdom, Fountain of Dreams, Peach's Castle, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island

Least Favorites: Onett, Flat Zone, Temple (it's way too overrated and people spend more time running than fighting)

Brawl

Favorites: Delfino Plaza, Warioware Inc., Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium,

Least Favorites: Pictochat, Flat Zone 2

Back