How fast can you type?

For me, I usually range between 93-98 when I am really in the zone, 88-92 on my good days; to be honest though, that is only if I am really focused. On average, I probably type about 72 words per minute. It hurts to go really fast, but have the potential to. :P

But enough about that, how fast can you guys type? (If you don't know, there are plenty of sites that you can use on the Internet to find out)

I just took a test and I got 65 words per minute, although, I'm usually faster when I'm not copying something. Probably because I already know what I'm going to type. Although when not copying I make more mistakes, probably because everything's jumbled up and I can't stroke the right keys, or I'm constantly making up my mind.

my average time is about 60 wpm

rarely goes above that.

Like DF said, copying something can slow me down, but I took a test like yesterday and i got like 78 wpm, with 85% accuracy.

Good enough for me.

a quick 1-minute test said 95 wpm

I think I average 80, though. Can't really be sure.

69 wpm with 100% accuracy is my most recent result. It'd be faster if I didn't obsessively fix any mistake I happened to make before moving on to the next word.

I can manage just under 80 wpm with 100% accuracy, with 89 wpm being my maximum. If I didn't constantly backspace, I'd probably have a higher wpm, but my accuracy would probably be next to 0.

I have no idea how fast I type, actually, and I don't know what's the average speed for the typing.

Already said it in the other thread, but I have 46 wpm with 97% accuary.

Pearl said:
did a quick test and came up at 40 wpm, with 1 mistake.

lol i'm slow

ジュゲムザクイック said:
I type faster then light, because light can't type

Just did a typetest and came at 46 wpm.

I normally have to look at the keyboard to type so it went slower then I usually do.

Yeah I am not the only one who is slow here.

Somewhere around 60 wpm, people have told me I type extremely fast
I actually can remember where all the keys are located even when I'm not typing, so a thing I do when I'm bored is pretend there's an imaginary keyboard in front of me and just write stuff on it.
yes

DragonFreak said:
I just took a test and I got 65 words per minute, although, I'm usually faster when I'm not copying something. Probably because I already know what I'm going to type. Although when not copying I make more mistakes, probably because everything's jumbled up and I can't stroke the right keys, or I'm constantly making up my mind.
83wpm

I can sometimes hit one hundred and five if I'm looking at the keys, 95 if not. Average is about eighty. Often is higher but I take some time to accelerate.

100-105 if I'm trying to go fast accurately.

Comfortably at around 90 probably.

72 wpm

I would say it's lower because I was copying something but I don't have any proof so I'll just assume this is my average when I try to type fast. I don't really feel the need to type incredibly fast though, just at an average speed.

OK, I just checked and got 70 wpm :mad:

World10 said:
43 WPM according to a test. Yeah, I'm pretty slow.

i know the feeling.

Also my wpm drops when its night time, anyone know what would cause that?

Back