Demons in Mario games

I am working on a Mario project and I need a list of demons/powerful evil entitys that have appeared in Mario games (including extended games). So far I have:

Shadow Queen
Smithy
Golden Diva
Rudy the Clown
Demon Head
Terrormisu
Black Jewel

If there's anything I've forgotten could you please let me know?

Dimentio, Bonechill, the Dark Star and Elder Princess Shroob could all work. And Tiki Tong if you include the Donkey Kong spinoff series - and a lot of the bosses in DK: Jungle Beat are kinda dark and demony too (the Ghastly King and whatnot). Red from WarioWare is also a demon, though not of the powerful and evil persuasion; the Black Chest Demons are in a similar boat in that they're technically demons, but aren't villains. King Boo sorta fits the bill when he's in srs boss mode, and Bowser's a demon of some sort too, according to his full Japanese name.

Do you count joke demons ala Weegee?

Has anyone mentioned the treasure chest thing in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door?

Some ghosts in Luigi's Mansion are pretty demon-ish, like Bogmire.

Don't forget Red

Walkazo said:
Dimentio, Bonechill

It might just be how I perceive the word demon, but I wouldn't consider those two "demons".(and no. i wouldn't consider either an "evil entity". maybe Bonechill)

Dimentio: Manipulative psychopath/sociopath.

Bonechill: Just an undead dragon.

I think Shadoo may fit into the evil entity category.

You sure you're not thinking of Bonetail, the dragon at the bottom of the TTYD Pit of 100 Trials? Bonechill is the fallen Nimbi who escapes from the deepest pits of the Underwhere and wages war on the Overthere: he's the Lucifer of the Mario series (or at least of SPM) - if that's not evil and demony, I dunno what is.

Dimentio wanting to destroy everything for lulz is fairly evil too, and his Super Dimentio form's pretty freaky and otherwordly and whatnot. It's also hinted that he's the descendent of the creator of the Pixls, who is in turn is heavily implied to have been a necromancer: yeah, that makes Dimentio an Ancient rather than some strange jester demon guy, but still, nice bloodline he's got going on there, especially seeing as it makes the expressly demonic Pixl Queen (who may also be Shadoo) his great-great-etc.-aunt.

Interesting stuff, the SPM extras are...

*humongous facepalm*

This is what I get for staying up with minimum sleep.

I legit confused Bonechill with Bonetail.

As for the Dimentio bit, I never knew about that. I guess demon could fit him then.

Back