Your headcanons

Yeah some of the design choices were questionable but there was usually a way around them if you're like me and use online guides. But RPGs tend to have annoying parts to them. Dream Team had that annoying ring ball minigame that I failed at like a bajillion times, and what about Bowser's Inside Story's nostril game? I don't see how SPM's stuff is any worse than those. At least in SPM you could skip the annoying stuff if you wrote down stuff on your first playthrough, (exception: Sammer Guys, but at least they all had cool dialogue) in those other games its required.

Those Dream Team and Bowser's inside story's bad moments only last a couple of minutes at best. SPM has entire chapters worth of the garbage. Thats a good hour or 2 of bad ideas.

A lot of the ideas are so crap I often wonder what the hell the developers were thinking.

The only "entire chapter" worth of what you call garbage is Sammer's Kingdom. The other ones are all 99% platforming gameplay. Super Paper Mario is not a bad game at all, I don't know why you think that but it's really not a bad game.

'scuse me; digging up an old post

Claus said:
I always wonder what goes on in the Mushroom Kingdom, more specifically Peach's Castle, when they aren't being attacked by something.
Same, but extending to the entirety of this crazy little universe. Does anybody have a day where nothing exciting happens to them? Do they have otherwise ordinary lives? Do Mario and Luigi have to pay taxes? Does Wario have to wait in line for his motorcycle license at the Diamond City DMV? Bowser is the ruler of a clearly separate kingdom so does he have some kind of weird diplomatic immunity going on? What grade is Junior in? I've been going back through Paper Mario and I guess that the item shops double as grocery stores for the NPCs. If not, then where do they shop for food?

Y'know, mundane stuff like this.

Gameplay through dull uninspired levels full of tedious annoying things. Dealing with Craggley is tedious and its just a lamer version of Kolorado. Merlee's mansion is full of annoyances that starts off ok, but the moment you reach the mansion it takes a full dive into crap. Mimi is a twat of a character and dealing with her tedious, easily defeated traps is irritating, then you have to pay off the debt, finally you are going through the mansions basement, which is an ugly maze like place with repetitive looking rooms, followed by an utterly pointless quiz and then a pathetic boss fight against mimi.

Don't even get me started on the constant backtracking that plagues the entire game. Even by Paper Mario standards the back tracking is terrible.

Funny how a forum dedicated to headcanons had now shifted over to a debate about Super Paper Mario. May we get back on topic please?

I was getting tired of ranting anyhow.

Warioware exists in an alternate Dimension.

Mcmadness said:
Even by Paper Mario standards the back tracking is terrible.
lol @ this complaint, SPM probably has the least backtracking of any Paper Mario

and yes, lets get back on topic. A funny headcanon I have seen pictures of is that Count Bleck, after the events of SPM decided to run Smash Bros., Master Hand and Crazy Hand are his hands. That sounds like BS but I have seen pictures of it, pretty funny looking tbh.

Toadsworth is really Peach's father. Since the Mushroom King isn't capable of providing kids, you can guess where it leads to.

Last word, the very first level requires you to back track to a red palm tree. Jumping over the nothing because all the enemies are dead. Thats just the beginning of its horse crap.

The Mario version of the game and watch games are what Mario and co do in their spare time.

Mcmadness said:
A mediocre platformer with mediocre rpg elements with an average run of the mill jrpg story is the best thing to come out of the series?

No, thats just wrong.
>legitimately thinks his opinion is a fact

lmao

anyways back on topic, Peach and Daisy are secretly married in my headcanon

Bowshygul said:
Mcmadness said:
A mediocre platformer with mediocre rpg elements with an average run of the mill jrpg story is the best thing to come out of the series?

No, thats just wrong.

lmao

Bad opinions exist. That was one of them.

Mcmadness said:
Bowshygul said:
Mcmadness said:

No, thats just wrong.

lmao

what opinion was bad?

Bowshygul said:
Mcmadness said:
Bowshygul said:
Mcmadness said:

No, thats just wrong.

lmao

what opinion was bad?

That SPM was the best this series has to offer.

Its like saying Superman for the N64 is a good game. Its just wrong.

Ok, on topic once again. :mad:

Sir Grodus is really an AI with a robotic body. Since he appear to be alive and well withouth a body at the end.

Mcmadness said:
how can an opinion be wrong? it's an opinion, not a flippin math equation.

Dude, can't you guys continue this in PMs or something?
TheFarmboy said:
Toadsworth is really Peach's father. Since the Mushroom King isn't capable of providing kids, you can guess where it leads to.
I believe Toadsworth is Peach's grandfather.

Bowshygul said:
Mcmadness said:
how can an opinion be wrong?

Very, very easily.

Moving on. Wario got the Black Jewel from the Pyramid from Wario land 4.

Mcmadness said:
Bowshygul said:
Mcmadness said:
how can an opinion be wrong?
Very, very easily.
*instert facepalm image here*

though yeah i'm not going any further with this conversation either since this is really off topic

(I meant opinions on games/foods/colors/movies/whatever aka taste)

The only canon Paper Mario is whatever the latest one is.

That's why Brawl's Paper trophies only mention SPM and the SSB4 Paper trophies only mention Sticker Star.

Back