Triskaidekaphobia

Or "The Fear of 13".

Do you find that 13 is an "unlucky" number? Do you usually feel that Friday the 13th is a scary day?

Basically, do you feel that such things as 13 and black cats and breaking mirrors and all of that can create "bad luck"?

Number 13 is an unlucky number for Malays
And yeah, I had a Black Friday today.

No, it's all nonsense. People should spend their time trying to combat real phobias, like anatidaephobia.

The only time Friday the 13th has a bad influence on me was last year when I burnt myself cooking, I still have the burn and it's likely to remain for the rest of my life

Demidevimon said:
The only time Friday the 13th has a bad influence on me was last year when I burnt myself cooking, I still have the burn and it's likely to remain for the rest of my life
That could have happened any day, it was just a matter of luck that it happened on Friday the 13th.

PrincessOfPeaches said:
Demidevimon said:
That could have happened any day, it was just a matter of luck that it happened on Friday the 13th.
Exactly, that's why I said it's the only time anything has happened, on all Friday the 13th, everything was fine.

Today I have stepped on a crack, spilled salt, saw a black cat, and I'm planning on walking under a ladder later today. So far, the only thing that bad happened to me was horrible Internet, but that always happens. You make me laugh 13.

13 is such an unlucky number that I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until I saw this topic.

I was more unlucky on 12/24/12 than any Friday the 13th ever and even that wasn't unlucky at all.

I suggest the Marioboards start a new holiday: Tuesday the 24th.

Make sure not to pop any balloons, stand within a hectometer of an eighteen-wheel truck, or mispell the word "ambidextrous". Otherwise, you'll sprain your second cousin's pituitary gland.

I've been feeling unwell today and yesterday, but I ain't blaming it on no luck

I'm still curious as to why people think it's unlucky

Nene Amano said:
Number 13 is an unlucky number for Malays
And yeah, I had a Black Friday today.
It's a little early for Christmas shopping.

And no, I don't believe in bad luck or fear 13.

not sure why id fear a date of all things

doesnt seem like a big deal to moi

My brother was born on friday the 13th >.>

I got a really bad cold yesterday, and i know it was because of the date!

They couldn't hold back the anti-fairies!

the number 13 keeps recurring in my life and it's actually really cool, so I consider 13 lucky

my favourite game is called XIII (or 13 for those who cannot understand Roman numerals)

and I find it pretty lucky that the game is literally the only game that will run on that darn machine

Back