Nintendo 2DS

Hawlucha said:
so i have enough money to get a 2DS right now

should i wait until i can buy a 3DS or just buy a 2DS

Just get the 2DS.

You wouldn't be missing out on much.

no, flip-ability is useful because then i can put it in my pocket

and also yeah, unless i wear one of those bracelet things that's attached to it then i'll likely end up dropping it accidentally after a few months

Mario Party X said:
Demidevimon said:
What is that?

And I meant more the gameplay of foreground and background, I'm not sure how that'll work in 2D

Star fruits. Don't eat them if you have kidney problems. They can cause bad things.

Well, I don't quite get what you mean. There are 2D games that take advantage of backgrounds and stuff. I'm sure it is possible to play that game with the 3D effect turned off.

Take A Link Between Worlds. I've heard it's hard to play without 3D.

Hawlucha said:

and also yeah, unless i wear one of those bracelet things that's attached to it then i'll likely end up dropping it accidentally after a few months

I dropped mine once already. Didn't seem to bother it much, but it was only once anyway.

I don't know if this is true, but I heard the non-clamshell design allows them to build the 2DS with the same durability that the old Gameboys had, and those things are nearly indestructible. I dropped mine down a flight of stairs once, and then several times more in other places, nothing happened. A friend of mine somehow managed to submerge his in water and all that happened was that the speaker broke.

Someone (professional) should do a 2DS durability test or something.

Mario Party X said:
Demidevimon said:
What is that?

And I meant more the gameplay of foreground and background, I'm not sure how that'll work in 2D

Star fruits. Don't eat them if you have kidney problems. They can cause bad things.

Well, I don't quite get what you mean. There are 2D games that take advantage of backgrounds and stuff. I'm sure it is possible to play that game with the 3D effect turned off.
I wasn't quite sure because I thought that due to the 2D plane generally being flat there wouldn't really be the foreground and background, but thanks for clearing that up.

And I'll make sure to avoid those.

Blaine said:
Hawlucha said:

I dropped mine once already. Didn't seem to bother it much, but it was only once anyway.

I don't know if this is true, but I heard the non-clamshell design allows them to build the 2DS with the same durability that the old Gameboys had, and those things are nearly indestructible. I dropped mine down a flight of stairs once, and then several times more in other places, nothing happened. A friend of mine somehow managed to submerge his in water and all that happened was that the speaker broke.

Someone (professional) should do a 2DS durability test or something.
Really? Ok, cool. I'll make sure to pick one up as soon as I can.

I should also note that I am able to fit my 2DS into the back and side pockets of my jeans, even while it is in one of those fancy 2DS cases. So as long as you have a reasonably sized pocket somewhere on you, chances are it might fit in there.

I'm not at home right now though, so I can't do any exact measuring.

I wonder if that I have a New 2DS now instead of a New 3DS marginally helped my drive to finally beat Phoenix Wright 1, considering its slimmer size made it feel marginally less clunky when I needed to constantly reset.

Back