Pronunciation Book, @Horse_ebooks, and Bear Stearns Bravo

Re: Something is going to happen in 32 days.

Radagast the Brown said:
seems like a publicity scheme tbh

you watch, it'll be something completely useless like a video of him talking or announcing that he likes how many subscribers he's gotten

85 said:

Trucy Wright said:
Stop being so cynical and have an imagination.

what's that, GD? I'm cynical? I have no imagination? No, I just knew it was a publicity scheme.

I dunno whether to laugh. Be in shock. Or just say, "Wow. This was fucking stupid.".

Not that I expected anything big at all. Also, forgetting this was even a thing.

Radagast the Brown said:
Radagast the Brown said:

you watch, it'll be something completely useless like a video of him talking or announcing that he likes how many subscribers he's gotten

85 said:

Trucy Wright said:

what's that, GD? I'm cynical? I have no imagination? No, I just knew it was a publicity scheme.
it wasn't a publicity scheme

it's an ongoing art project

Nabber said:
Radagast the Brown said:
Radagast the Brown said:

85 said:

Trucy Wright said:

it wasn't a publicity scheme

it's an ongoing art project
the whole "counting down" shit and saying those freaky words that made no sense or meaning to this "art project" just to reveal something like THIS is a publicity scheme

doesn't matter whether it's an ongoing art project or not, they were trying to get publicity on their channel so that they could get enough people to buy their stuff.

and also their views on their channel must have gone through the roof.

Radagast the Brown said:
Radagast the Brown said:

85 said:

Trucy Wright said:

Fine, I was wrong. No need to be a jerk about it.

Trucy Wright said:
Radagast the Brown said:
Radagast the Brown said:

85 said:

Trucy Wright said:

Fine, I was wrong. No need to be a jerk about it.
to be fair, you were a jerk first

Radagast the Brown said:
the whole "counting down" shit and saying those freaky words that made no sense or meaning to this "art project" just to reveal something like THIS is a publicity scheme

doesn't matter whether it's an ongoing art project or not, they were trying to get publicity on their channel so that they could get enough people to buy their stuff.

whether you think it's art or not doesn't matter. they wanted to do something interesting. the horse ebooks account was originally thought to be poetic spam, but now it's shown to be a person creating these clever tweets, and I think that's a pretty cool project

and they weren't trying to get publicity on their channel, they were just trying to build up suspense. the project isn't even hosted on the youtube channel, and besides, he doesn't sell anything

oh, and by the way, he barely got any views on his channel. the final video got the most - only half a million - and that was only because horse ebooks tweeted it to explain its end

Nabber said:
Radagast the Brown said:

whether you think it's art or not doesn't matter. they wanted to do something interesting. the horse ebooks account was originally thought to be poetic spam, but now it's shown to be a person creating these clever tweets, and I think that's a pretty cool project

and they weren't trying to get publicity on their channel, they were just trying to build up suspense. the project isn't even hosted on the youtube channel, and besides, he doesn't sell anything

oh, and by the way, he barely got any views on his channel. the final video got the most - only half a million - and that was only because horse ebooks tweeted it to explain its end
I already said that it doesn't matter whether it's art or not. The build-up is the publicity scheme, it was an attempt to get people to watch the video, say "ooh what the fuck is happening, better tell my friends" and to get more people to watch their videos, just for the final reveal, and although it didn't work that well, it was still a scheme to get people to view their art.

It also doesn't matter whether you like the art or not. Whatever they've done could be very good, the count down, which is what this topic was about, which is what this whole conversation started from, was a publicity scheme, and, in my opinion, brought our hopes up for next to nothing. Most of us probably didn't even know about this channel before this topic, so the scheme worked for us. Even if they gained little to none publicity, it's still a publicity scheme.

Radagast the Brown said:
Nabber said:
Radagast the Brown said:

I already said that it doesn't matter whether it's art or not. The build-up is the publicity scheme, it was an attempt to get people to watch the video, say "ooh what the fuck is happening, better tell my friends" and to get more people to watch their videos, just for the final reveal, and although it didn't work that well, it was still a scheme to get people to view their art.

It also doesn't matter whether you like the art or not. Whatever they've done could be very good, the count down, which is what this topic was about, which is what this whole conversation started from, was a publicity scheme, and, in my opinion, brought our hopes up for next to nothing. Most of us probably didn't even know about this channel before this topic, so the scheme worked for us. Even if they gained little to none publicity, it's still a publicity scheme.
Can't it be both art and a publicity scheme?

Trucy Wright said:
Radagast the Brown said:
Nabber said:
Radagast the Brown said:

Can't it be both art and a publicity scheme?
I already said that I don't deny that it's art, which is probably why everyone is getting so confused with me at the moment.

All I'm trying to say is that it was a publicity scheme straight and simple.

well of course it's a publicity scheme

they just wanted to do something interesting though

doesn't a lot of art fall under "publicity scheme"?

The main issue we have here is that people seem to think that whenever I claim that this is a publicity scheme, I'm also claiming that it's not art, which I am not.

I know it's art, the whole point of this was to explain that it's a publicity scheme straight and simple.

definition of a publicity scheme is an event used to gain the interest of the general public, basically

I thought publicity scheme was simply something to grab peoples attention to an uncertain outcome for the objective of...cashflow.

In other words, viral marketing. It doesn't necessarily have to be art...but it can be.

Unknown Entity said:
I thought publicity scheme was simply something to grab peoples attention to an uncertain outcome for the objective of...cashflow.
Doesn't have to be about cash, views on youtube could be comparable to cash, but not necessarily cash

Back