What would happen if Sega and Nintendo get merged?

Megadardery said:
It won't be named 'Mario Party' it would be named 'Multi Party' or something :P

No, it'd be called "Nintendo Land 2".

Northern Verve said:
They'd make a game that treats both series as equals just like the Olympic Games do.
The Olympic Games is still developed by Sega, though... I don't really see that as equal. Sega could... I don't know... SCREW UP. When it comes to game explanation, Sega needs to take a few lessons from Mario Party. Sheesh.

Mario Party X said:
Northern Verve said:
They'd make a game that treats both series as equals just like the Olympic Games do.
The Olympic Games is still developed by Sega, though... I don't really see that as equal. Sega could... I don't know... SCREW UP. When it comes to game explanation, Sega needs to take a few lessons from Mario Party. Sheesh.

I don't mean equal on the development side of things. I mean that for the most part they represent both series fairly well with the roster and the dream events and the music. As much as some of the Spin-off roster whiners in the Marioverse section say the roster on the Mario side of things is bad. They get pretty much most of the prominent characters on both sides. And the dream events use some interesting past locations. Like in Olympic Games 2012 you had Battlerock Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy used for Dream Hurdling, and Windy Valley from Sonic Adventure 1 used for Dream Discus.

Both of the Mario and Sonic series also have impressive soundtracks, and they allow you to use different music if you wish in the later installments. Some of it even being remixes (Mainly of the instrumental tracks though, I don't think some of the vocal tracks in the Sonic series part get changed much) made just for this game.

I do agree with that, but if I want a game developed, I'd like my company of choice doing the developing, not the company that does multiple blunders.

Back