What would happen if Sega and Nintendo get merged?

Dashbot

BREEE
What would be the name?, How would be the games?, Would you still play their games if that happens?

GIMME YOUR IMAGINATION!

Let me see:

Name: I couldn't come up with a name
Games: Sonic Bros., Mario Unleashed, Luigi the hedgehog.
I would play all their games!

sonicmariobluered.gif

Agumon said:
There will be less competition of Nintendo, and die hard Mario fans who hate Sonic will probably complain, and die hard fans of Sonic who hate Mario will probably complain also.
Those people still exist? What is this, the 16 bit era?

The 16 bit era, who are ya gonna pick, Sonic or Mario, you can only pick one.

Name: Nintendo
Games: Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mario Whatever, M&L, Other Nintendo series that aren't relevant because we all know that this is about sonic and mario.

IMO, the only thing new is that sonic characters would be in mario spinoffs and stuff.

Otachi said:
Agumon said:
There will be less competition of Nintendo, and die hard Mario fans who hate Sonic will probably complain, and die hard fans of Sonic who hate Mario will probably complain also.
Those people still exist? What is this, the 16 bit era?
I would assume so. Anyone here a die-hard Mario fan who hates Sonic or vice versa?

Edit, forget about the vice versa part.

Nintendo wouldn't merge, they would buy. They would buy out SEGA, and SEGA would just become a sub-company of Nintendo. Sonic would still exist, and they'd be able to use them in cameo roles in random games like what they do with Mario, Samus, Kirby and Link. It would also mean that Mario, Samus, Kirby and Link would get cameo roles in Sonic games. It would also end the war between SEGA and Nintendo (if it is still going on).

super olympic games bros.

because mario and sonic can't be in any other kinds of game together.

Kingbowser99 said:
Nintendo wouldn't merge, they would buy. They would buy out SEGA, and SEGA would just become a sub-company of Nintendo. Sonic would still exist, and they'd be able to use them in cameo roles in random games like what they do with Mario, Samus, Kirby and Link. It would also mean that Mario, Samus, Kirby and Link would get cameo roles in Sonic games. It would also end the war between SEGA and Nintendo (if it is still going on).

That "war" ended when Sega's chances of continuing making consoles ended with the failure of the Dreamcast. Albeit it was not Nintendo that ended Sega's console-making buisness for good. It was the PS2 that sealed the Dreamcast's fate.

To me the Nintendo and Sega rivalry ended as soon as Sega decided to port Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Mega Collection to the Gamecube.

Oh and to answer the question. Super Smash Bros. would probably have more Sonic characters playable then just Sonic. (Tails and Knuckles for example) And the Olympic Game crossover series would continue as it still does. Sega being third party hasn't slowed those games down at all. So Sega becoming 2nd party wouldn't change much in that department.

I would finally find a way to beat up Sonic with Mario that doesn't involve Smashing bros. or running some laps.

Oh and in addition I don't think it'd entirely mean Sonic would be put into the Mario spin-off games alot. Like if they're having a kart or a Mario Party-esque game with both Mario and Sonic characters. They'd make a game that treats both series as equals just like the Olympic Games do. They wouldn't put a bunch of Sonic characters in a game that's specifically called Mario Party or Mario Kart.

Oh and I imagine Sega being 2nd party would make a Mario and Sonic platformer more likely.

Northern Verve said:
Oh and in addition I don't think it'd entirely mean Sonic would be put into the Mario spin-off games alot. Like if they're having a kart or a Mario Party-esque game with both Mario and Sonic characters. They'd make a game that treats both series as equals just like the Olympic Games do. They wouldn't put a bunch of Sonic characters in a game that's specifically called Mario Party or Mario Kart.

Oh and I imagine Sega being 2nd party would make a Mario and Sonic platformer more likely.
Yeah, that would be like putting Link or Samus in Mario Kart/Party/Sports.

I would hope the next Mario Kart is made by the guys who did SASRT, that way it'll be fun again

Back