Death.

Unknown Entity said:
Phantom L could be run over by a car because the driver was reckless.
Thanks for the though ;)
I am actually scared of busy roads so yeah, I have been since I was nearly injured by a car when I was 11.

Gabumon said:
Kingbowser99 said:
Mario Party X said:
Kingbowser99 said:
Mario Party X said:
Imagine all the nice games we'll get in our lifetime and all the nice music we get to listen to and the nice movies we saw. I'm looking forward to life, actually.
what

you're already alive
I meant the future.
I am really confused right now

Are you talking about reincarnation?

She is talking about how she is still young and has the majority of her life ahead of her, which allows her to look forward to the things that will happen in the future.

Read it as

Mario Party X said:
I'm looking forward to [the rest of my] life, actually.
Ha, I got confused there. Sorry about that, I know what you mean now. :P

Unknown Entity said:
Kingbowser99 may end up with cancer.
Oh gee, thanks, you basically put my worst fear onto the Internet.

Unknown Entity said:
For all we know.

I could get shot in the head by a sniper just because.(it could be an accident. or not)

Kingbowser99 may end up with cancer.

Phantom L could be run over by a car because the driver was reckless.

Mario Party X could die due to too much consumption of water.

IT COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE. ANYTIME. THIS IS THE GAME OF LIFE.

Gee, I imagine you're a big hit at parties, aren't you?

well, he managed to detect phobias of two people through esp. that's a pretty neat party trick, if you think about it. i wonder if lgm is afraid of water?

i'm offended

.....don't you evolve into a sea serpent?

Only when Marowak is around, which is about never.

I guess that means no.

Lakituthequick said:
It seems that two lifes ago I was a soldier in WW2. Which explains why I fucking hate that war, even discussing it.
but

but wwii was the best example of a "good" war

in that it had good effects, and was necessary to stop the axis powers

Dr. Javelin said:
Lakituthequick said:
It seems that two lifes ago I was a soldier in WW2. Which explains why I fucking hate that war, even discussing it.
but

On the other hand, there was that whole "Nazi" thing with the Holocaust and all that, and that was pretty bad.

^that's why I was about to come in here and say "there's no good war", but then I realised it could enter a heated debate

i'm already in 17 right now across the digital spectrum, best not get another

I suppose it comes from what your definition of "good" is, at least in this context. Is a good war one that resulted in little to no casualties? Is it one that ended with a triumph against an objectively evil force? Is it one that can be rembered fondly in the history books? Or, perhaps, is a good war one that never happened?

I'm just being poetic, I have absolutely no interest in creating any sort of debate here.

If you asked me... War is utterly pointless and just throws away human lives.

Unless you are someone of "War Hungry" status I guess it's not so much a waste? Because you want to feel overpowered toward other nations?

Terriermon said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Lakituthequick said:
but

On the other hand, there was that whole "Nazi" thing with the Holocaust and all that, and that was pretty bad.
Stopping that would be the one of good effects of WWII that I mentioned.

Of course, what most people ignore is that Japan was being pretty similar over in China, which is why I said "Axis Powers".

WWII wasn't just against Nazi Germany, folks.
Terriermon said:
I suppose it comes from what your definition of "good" is, at least in this context.
Hence why I put "good" in quotation marks.

You know guys, there's a huge difference between something being good, and something being necessary. War may be necessary sometimes, but it is never good. There is nothing good about families being torn apart and people being forced to abandon their humanity and learn to kill in cold blood in order to survive. It destroys people. Calling any of that good is disgusting, so don't do it.

I'm just pointing this out because even if put in quotation marks, it's likely to be misunderstood, which will push this thread into a nasty direction.

I think "necessary" is a much more suitable and less risky word here than "good".

Back