What's your opinion on Animal Cruelty

NSY

Celestial Guide
Do you think Animal Cruelty is fine as it is or do you want all animals to be free?

I am against some cruel animal things such as Bullfighting, hunting or battery farming. However I enjoy eating meat and I also think it's okay to wear fur.

Really, I don't care, just as long as the species aren't endangered or theatened. The laws put into place to prevent animal crueltry are OK and they do their purpose. Although, some people go overboard sometimes on animal crueltry and that's a little obsessive. Like there is a billboard in my area, sponsered by PETA, that said for people not to drink milk because it hurts the cow. What's the point? I actually doubt that it hurts the cow.

i am an omnivore.
but i believe that farm animals should live good lives before being killed for meat.

I am okay with eating meat, as protein is supplementary in people's diets. However, I am not okay with any form of cruelty that is done for fun, such as hunting, bullfighting, cockfighting (when two roosters are pitted against each other in a fight to the death, please keep your innuendos to yourself). If you're going to hurt the animal, you'd better have a good reason for it.

i love meat, its so good!

although i do have a fondness for animals.

Unless it's horses or bears. They can die.

I honestly don't agree with Animal Cruelty, but it doesn't help when you have PETA acting like they want to make a difference.

I agree; if we eat meat, the animals should be put out in the quickest way with the least amount of pain, and it's sad what some people do in real life because it's not really that.

peta is all about making money. they routinely kill animals for no purpose other than increasing their profits

i don't like animal fighting in any form, or abusing and killing them for the hell of it

i also am fine with hunting them for meat however (i'm a hunter myself)
Agumon said:
Really, I don't care, just as long as the species aren't endangered or theatened. The laws put into place to prevent animal crueltry are OK and they do their purpose. Although, some people go overboard sometimes on animal crueltry and that's a little obsessive. Like there is a billboard in my area, sponsered by PETA, that said for people not to drink milk because it hurts the cow. What's the point? I actually doubt that it hurts the cow.
that sign is false, my family own a milk cow and it does NOT hurt her when my dad milks her at all

I don't like violence and abuse towards animals (people who starve their pets)
I eat meat but believe the animals should have a good life before being killed (not being kept in small cages with no daylight)

O_O said:
Agumon said:
that sign is false, my family own a milk cow and it does NOT hurt her when my dad milks her at all
I didn't think so. That sign was even on the news, because it was so ridiculous.

15999497_BG2.jpg

Because turkeys taste great, stupid.

Also, is that a turkey in a dog mask or a dog in a turkey suit?

well im pretty sure peta is the epitome of retardation so lol

Go vegan, no, In fact if we stop eating animals, then populations will boom and they'll have to be killed because they'd be disrupting other farming and then they'd die for no good reason.

I'm fine with eating an animal, but I couldn't kill one and I don't there should be circus animals and animals bred for fighting, though I'm fine with zoos

Animal Cruelty is terrible but animals as a protein source I support. I don't like crowded feedlots for animals, nor do I like them being abused with antibiotics, being fed with animal-byproducts, and cows being fed corn. That's pure torture. I'm an animal lover but I wouldn't hesitate to eat meat, which I really love.

However, whoever doesn't hate animal cruelty is clearly antisocial since humans are animals too :P

By the way, PETA is freaking effed up. I love my cockatiel much more than anything else yet I still love milk and eating meat. Does that make me an animal abuser? NO. I'm pretty sure PETA would support freeing pet birds because they think they're in prison when in actuality, escaped pet birds WILL fly back to their cage if they see it in your yard, and the vast majority of cockatiel/budgerigar owners will think that the bird cage is merely their home rather than a prison.

animals are pretty chill but the mechanized farms to kill them are terrifying as shit

I mean there's a conveyor belt that grabs chickens and moves them over a saw to slit their throats

its like Saw dude

on another note I think I can relate to getting pissed off enough to punch cows because of minecraft

nsymon said:
Do you think Animal Cruelty is fine as it is or do you want all animals to be free?

I am against some cruel animal things such as Bullfighting, hunting or battery farming. However I enjoy eating meat and I also think it's okay to wear fur.
Wait you are against hunting but you are for the systematic breeding of animals for the sole purpose of eating them... which gives them even less of a chance of not being killed then if you tried to shoot them with a gun?

I'm for killing animals just for the sake of nutrition but I'm against hunting because you're killing animals for a sport rather than a necessity.

(yes I fully understand that you can achieve the same nutrition by eating plant-based matter but the right type of meat is much more efficient at delivering protein, omega-3's, vitamin B, and iron than plants)

Agumon said:
I actually doubt that it hurts the cow.

I think the point here is that mammals usually do not produce milk unless they have offspring (because, you know, the milk is there to feed the offspring). So to keep up a steady income of milk, cows are forced to give birth, and then the calves are disposed of. The "disposed of" part is the part that hurts the cow, because, you know, a young cow is a cow too.

Gabumon said:
Agumon said:
I actually doubt that it hurts the cow.

I think the point here is that mammals usually do not produce milk unless they have offspring (because, you know, the milk is there to feed the offspring). So to keep up a steady income of milk, cows are forced to give birth, and then the calves are disposed of. The "disposed of" part is the part that hurts the cow, because, you know, a young cow is a cow too.
Yes, I know that. But the sign said nothing about that. Which was why is was so bad.

Well, PETA is a piece of shit with skewed priorities anyway, so it's super fitting for them to make a sign like that.

I mean, what sort of animal rights group in their right mind would waste resources to protest the exploitation of fictional animals when there is plenty of non-fictional animals who'd rather need that attention? Likely one who's only in it for publicity.

Back