What is the best game you've ever played?

Mario Kart Wii

Ness said:
EarthBound Zero and EarthBound 2
By EarthBound 2, do you mean Mother 3?

I will list my favorite games for the consoles I have.

My favorite game is Super Smash Bros Melee. I mean Brawl. No, Melee. Brawl. Melee! Brawl! MELEE! BRAWL! AHHHHHHH!

Tales of vesperia by far.

Considering ive spent over 500 hours on it, so yeah.

Although smtiv, smtsj, paper mario, borderlands 2, and lttp are honorable mentions.

Best game in terms of overall quality from my perspective?

If so, Persona 4: Golden.

Super Mario 64 is only because of nostalgia.

I don't like choosing just one because...I just don't. Whatever, though.

Oh gosh.

If I had to pick one....
GO KIRBY'S DREAMLAND!

Bump.

1. Final Fantasy 6
2. Shadow of the Colossus (i don't own this one anymore, rip)
3. Heavy Rain (i never owned this one because i still dont have a ps3 but i played through it completely at a friend's place)
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Majora's Mask

yes i know there's been a "most enjoyable game" thread a while ago, but i felt like it doesn't really hit the topic.

DragonFreak said:
Top Twelve, since I'm so indecisive:
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Link's Awakening
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Mario RPG
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Pokemon Soul Silver
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!!
Super Mario Galaxy
Hi 2013 self. Go shoot yourself cause this is allll different OMG

Scarlet Witch said:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

it's a tie between them
fuck you on the grounds of having an outdated opinion

Fire Emblem: Awakening

I would some say (after some thought) it's a really tough call between Super Mario Galaxy and Ocarina of Time both of these games just feel special in some way.

Top five in no particular order: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Super Mario RPG, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and MOTHER 3.

Ok let's do this again.

10. Mother 1: This is the oldest game on my list and my personal favorite NES game which actually barely beat the original Legend of Zelda of favorite NES games. It is my second favorite Mother 1 despite it's flaws. There are a lot of memorable moments plus best 8-bit soundtrack of all time. Questionably even better than any 16 bit soundtrack.
9. SoulSilver: My interest in Pokemon has waned greatly over the years but the one Pokemon game that has not lost any charm or respect is SoulSilver, my favorite Pokemon game. Previously before SS, Pokemon Silver was my favorite game. SS took everything from Crystal and just bumped it up a million percent. Also the reason why Lugia is my 2nd favorite legendary.
8. Twilight Princess: I keep going back between Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks. Surprisingly I set on TP. Even though ST does look better plus has better music, TP has a better story, better characters, better villain, better bosses, better items, better puzzles, and better dungeons. Plus Wolf Link beeeeeeest Link.
7. Dust: An Elysian Tail: Over a year ago I thought I would never like a game from Steam. Today I love many games and Dust is my favorite. First of all this game is freaking GORGEOUS. And for someone who much prefers sprites to models, this game is saying something to make me proclaim the art so much. And it's all made by one guy. In fact the entire game is made by one guy which is impressive as hell. The characters are also wonderful and the plot is pretty good.
6. Super Mario World: This is one this list for more/less one thing only: nostalgia. I think I owe this game to why I like video games so much. I have no idea how much I played this game but it has to be a couple hundred hours. Also yoshi :yoshi:
5. Wario Land 4: Ok now we are getting into my complete favorites. Wario Land 4 is the best Wario game. Hands down no objections. The Wario Land series is a really fun series and everyone should play them, and Wario Land 4 is sooooo good. The art is great, the music is amazing, the gameplay is super fun. It's pretty short and pretty easy (well unless you play on Super Hard Mode which will make anyone go X_X ), but it's packed with quality of invented levels
4. The Thousand Year Door: Debated having Super Star Saga take this place, but TTYD is the superior Mario RPG. Like I could go into details why, but everyone already knows so why bother lol.
3. Fire Emblem 7: Still after playing a few FE games FE7 is still my favorite. There's so many legitimately good things about it. All except for the end plot...that was kind of stupid, but the rest is amazing!
2. Link's Awakening: Oh man this gameeeeeeeee. It's my favorite Zelda game by miles and miles and was my first Zelda game I ever played. I read somewhere that someone's first Zelda game would most likely be their favorite, and for me it definitely is. Without going into spoilers and stuff, as the game progresses, the game makes you question if what you are doing is right. It makes you wonder, somewhat in worry, what will happen if you complete your conquest. Not many games do what LA does, and for that plus so much nostalgia LA is the best Zelda game.
1. Mother 3: Nuff said.

thank you for mentioning twilight princess. its not a fan favorite to most, but its definitely mine.

Kind of penciling in my own rule that there can't be any more than one-game-per series, but I'm ripping off of DF and making my own top 10 <333

10. Kirby Super Star Ultra: This was the one I was really stuck with, and I ultimately decided to go with KSSU on the DS. I have never played the original Super Star, but I am sure this remake blows it out of the water. My second Kirby game (after Air Ride), this was like my first real bite into the series and oh my god it's SOOO good. All the new added content, the music is as memorable as ever for a Kirby game, the graphics are really cutesy and good for a 2D DS game, and hell, you even get to play as Meta Knight. How awesome is that?!

9. Rayman 2: The Great Escape: This game. This GAAAAAME. I used to play this game non-stop on my N64 years ago, and unfortunately I could never beat it because I could never save (you needed an expansion pack in order to save, RIP). Either way, getting to play through the bulk of this game every time was SO worth it. It is honestly one of the best 3D platformers I have ever played, and everything about it works so well. The humor is great, the gameplay is just amazing, and even for a 3D platformer, the camera is pretty solid so there's no major interruptions there. The music is really good, and it cemented Rayman as an amazing protagonist to me. ;w;

8. F-Zero GX: My all-time favorite racing game, this game absolutely never gets boring. I honestly cannot find one flaw with this game, it is so intense and crazy that I love it. The amount of racers is so fun, and the music is some of the best I have ever heard. Whenever I would do something in my room, I would always go to the character info screen and play so many of their themes to keep me busy. Oh yeah, and Mighty Gazelle is way too OP. Gets top 5 everytime. Pls nerf.

7. Pokemon Gold: My childhood. Literally my childhood. I absolutely loved SoulSilver, and it would be on this list if it were not for the fact that I just love the originals a bit more just because of nostalgia factor. I honestly almost tear up whenever I hear the old clanky 8-bit music from Gold/Silver just because of nostalgia and how much I used to hear those songs when I was younger. Either way, to the game, it is honestly amazing. It probably has its flaws, yeah, but honestly I think all the pros so heavily outweigh the cons. Introducing all the new Pokemon (Typhlosion and Ampharos are my two favorites out of any Pokemon) and the fact they threw in Kanto to travel in post-game was honestly one of the smartest ideas I have ever seen in a Pokemon game, and I wish they would do that in another Pokemon game with some other region. Dunno what, but I wish.

6. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future: I love the Professor Layton games, and this is the magnum opus of the series. The last game in the original trilogy, Unwound Future is absolutely perfect in every way possible. The plot is great, the characters are really, really memorable (I'll never forget you, Dimitri Allen ;w; ), and the puzzles are classic. I could go on about how amazing this game is, but I will leave two things here: the game holds one of my favorite video game quotes of all time, at the end of the game, "People can often be so blinded by their own motivations, that they lose sight of the damage they do." Also, the music. Listen to this absolute beauty.

5. Portal: This is where my list has always been cemented, with the top 5, and Portal kicks it off. While Portal 2 is probably the better game, I have honestly never fully played through P2 so I cannot commentate on it much. Either way, Portal started it all off, so why not? Portal is home to some of the most amazing yet simple gameplay concepts I have ever seen and they are executed so beautifully. The humor is hilarious (ilu GLaDOS and turrets), the test chambers are really fun to go through, and it even gave us the cake is a lie. Sure, that's old as all hell by now, but at least it gave it to us. :')

4. Cave Story: Where to start? Easily the best 2D platformer I have ever played. I love how this game executes everything, with the multi-weapon mechanic to even its own story. The characters are pretty fun (Curly Brace ilu ;w; ), the different stages/worlds are interesting, the boss fights are pretty fun too, the music is great, and I overall just love everything about this game. I have played it on PC, WiiWare, and I have Cave Story 3D, sooo... safe to say I have gone through this game several times :')

3. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: My all-time favorite Metroid game in a pool of already amazing Metroid games. The scenery is gorgeous (naturally for a Prime game), the concept of light and dark are really, really interesting, the music is great, and the puzzles are pretty great too. Also, Quadraxis. Best Metroid boss ever. A gigantic robotic spider with one of the best boss themes I have ever heard <333.

2. Super Mario Sunshine: I have noticed these entries are getting smaller and smaller, oops. Either way, Sunshine! My favorite Mario game, and I do not know how there has not been another one like it, or even a remake. I love the concept of F.L.U.D.D. and cleaning up goop, as boring as it probably may sound ;P. Either way, I love the levels and how much you can explore in them, they are so so good. The music is great, the objectives/missions to get Shine Sprites are super fun, and THOSE HIDDEN ONES. The ones where you have to platform without F.L.U.D.D.? Mario platforming at its absolute finest.

1. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn: There is Sunshine, and then there is an absolutely HUGE jump, and then there is Radiant Dawn. My all-time favorite video game, this game is exactly what is perfect about RPGs. The game, filled with 70+ playable units, is spread over four parts and is honestly a considerably long game. The characters are very memorable and a lot are worth training, I absolutely love how there are three-different main groups (Dawn Brigade, Army of Crimea, and the Greil Mercenaries) and how you have time to train all three of them separately. The final boss theme is absolutely amazing, the game contains my all time favorite video game character (The Black Knight), and honestly, I think it has executed the best out of what Fire Emblem has ever offered. Except supports, those were pretty lazy, but otherwise, I cannot find a single flaw with the game. It is that amazing.

Eri Ayase said:
Bump.

1. Final Fantasy 6
2. Shadow of the Colossus (i don't own this one anymore, rip)
3. Heavy Rain (i never owned this one because i still dont have a ps3 but i played through it completely at a friend's place)
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Majora's Mask

yes i know there's been a "most enjoyable game" thread a while ago, but i felt like it doesn't really hit the topic.

Also while I'm at it I might as well give explainations:

Majora's Mask

It's taking what's great about OOT, adds one of the most awesome mechanics ever, which is even better considering Groundhog Day, which utilizes a similar mechanic, is one of my all time favourite movies. It also has a really epic storyline, easily the best dungeon design in the entire series (IMO), and a lot of really great sidequests next to the main story, which is something the other games are lacking.

Also this game generally feels more matured than most other Zelda games, which is something I am extremely welcoming (seeing as TP is my second favourite Zelda right after this).

Chrono Trigger

The development team of Final Fantasy + the Director of the Dragon Quest Series + The Creator of Dragon Ball as the Character Designer.

This together with an amazing soundtrack made by Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuo Uematsu (more of him later).

When all those people come together with the sole goal of not only making a great rpg, but the ultimate rpg, you get Chrono Trigger. Amazing Plotline (which gets particularly interesting after the first time the party travels to the future (this isnt really a spoiler since it happens very early on in the game)), a lot of memorable moments, and great gameplay (based off of the ATB battle system from the Final Fantasy games) make this a true masterpiece.

Plus the about 13 different endings which are mostly really great and/or fun to watch.

This game is on the absolute top spot of many RPG best-of lists for a reason, and it also placed second at the 2008 ign user voting of best game of all time.
Definatly something you should've played imo.

[/i]Heavy Rain[/i]

Simply the most amazing plotline I've ever seen in a game.

Well technically this isn't even a game, but more of an interactive movie, but a really, REALLY good one.

Also this game got one of the most heavy (pun intended) plot twists ever, which also makes it very great.

And finally this game has a dozen of optional endings and scenes, making this easily the game with the most replay value I've seen so far. Even though during my own playthrough I only saw one ending, and I had to watch a youtube video showing the other ones.

And to anyone who knows the game, fucking challenges 3 and 4. Literally fucking challenges 3 and 4.

Shadow of the Colossus

This game is the definition of epic. Even though they are not really similar, while watching SNK I sometimes felt like playing this game again. Too bad I only had it "rented" from a friend (he suddenly wanted it back and i didn't even remember if he just gifted it to me) for two years in 2010 and 2011, and he's sold it since.

I'm trying to find a copy at GameStop since a few years, but no luck so far. Else I'll just buy the HD remake when I finally get a PS§.

Words cannot describe the feelings you get while playing this game, you have to do it yourself.

Also it will pretty much fry your PS2, so be prepared.

Final Fantasy 6

Yes I do have a huge thing for clowns as main antagonists.

And this game delivers
so
so much.

Remember what I said about Chrono Trigger? This game has EVEN MORE, memorable moments, really great characters (and more importantly, also character development for about 11 of the 14 playable characters, they gave each of them their own ark, which is extremely nice), and also a great storyline (which is better than chrono trigger's imo, but not by much).

the battle system is pretty standard, but it isn't ridiculously hard like in previous final fantasy games. in fact, I'd say this is probably one of the easiest to pick up on games in the series (I'd say 7 is even easier, only if you have the pc version though, because the ps1 version got the worst graphics ever).

and then there's the fantastic soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu.

I mean like holy shit, literally every track he wrote for this game is perfect (imo). Especially of course Dancing Mad (the final battle theme), which has repeatedly been placed as the #1 best single track to have ever been in a video game, so look that up if you like.

Also this game needs a 3D Remake like 3 and 4 got them (only not in DS Graphics, that was kinda wasted imo).

The mid 90s was truly the golden age of Squaresoft. They made 90% only extremely great games (Final Fantasy 4-7, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana 2, Super Mario RPG), with some exceptions like FF8 which was rushed out after the success of 7.

So yeah, that's about it. I tried making a top 10 list before but I cannot decide on some things, but I'm pretty sure on this top 5 at least.

I was going to say Portal but because someone already did then The World Ends With You and Virtue's Last Reward.

The list of the games I've played is pretty narrow, so don't bounce on me for having barely anything old school.

5. New Super Mario Bros.
4. Fire Emblem 7/Mother 3 (tie, even though what i was using to play both outright stopped working)
3. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
2. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
1. Animal Crossing: Wild World

I guess if we're doing lists

1; Metroid Prime
2; Sonic Generations
3; Paper Mario TTYD

i don't really think too much beyond the top 3 point.

According to GameRankings, the best game I've played is Super Mario Galaxy.

But according to me, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Back