What is the best game you've ever played?

I could hardly say which is the best game to me, so I guess the following ones in no particular order:

-Densetsu no Stafy 3: This one's a top-notch game. Stafy 1 was a bit short, but it did quite some things right. Stafy 2 felt stupid in level design sometimes 7.8/10 too much land. Stafy 4 is a fine one but it has a stupid management of the post-game. Stafy 5 is cursed to me and as such I can't form an opinion on this one easily. The characters are charming, the music is fitting and makes you feel good to the environments, the ambience is pretty varied(even the kinda dull levels have quite a colorful variety), and the gameplay is pretty good. The water gameplay is so smooth and even the land gameplay is not too bad(but Stafy 2 taught me that too much of it makes you miss water). And the plot is not something amazing, but it's still a nice motivation.

-Super Mario Galaxy 2: I know this one gets a lot of flak for pretty much being Galaxy 1.5(fair enough), but eh preferences. The solid things about SMG1 with some nice different levels. I don't really care that levels are linear, because Galaxy 1 also had linear levels(except maybe one but only on the criteria of having two slightly different paths) with some simple secrets, which Galaxy 2 also has. And hey, it made coins less redundant.

-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: I can't really mentally get myself to like Prime 1 more since I have played Prime 2 since I was like, 9 maybe. I played Prime to the end, and also played Prime 3 to the end, but I just can't get to prefer them over Prime 2. Sheesh, Prime 2 on the GameCube was brutal on a kinda dumb kid. But you know, it legitimately gave me a feeling that it was the fault of my mistakes and not some cheap moves from the game(in retrospect maybe there were some cheap moves there). I legitimately dedicated myself to getting 100% scans in this game, which I almost managed as a kid were it not for that one dumb thing that doesn't feel instinctive to scan at all. It felt like a really tough challenge, and it gave me some damn good satisfaction as a younger person, pretty much.

-Wario Land: Shake It!: Geez, this game. Ok, I like the aesthetics a whole lot. Music is nice. Gameplay is pretty solid. Puzzles were interesting. It had some nice secrets here and there. Some stages like Soggybog River and Glittertown are just all-around pleasant to play in.

-Kirby Super Star Ultra: To be brief: Wheelie Rider and other cool abilities(Jet, Fighter, Suplex), Galacta Knight, Masked Dedede, neat levels and gameplay.

Edit: Oh my, I really forgot one other game:

-Pikmin 2: I'll admit this is the only Pikmin game I've played, but I really liked it. I guess I never really got much out of the two captains since I'm a loner and one captain was almost always enough. It was quite a big world, and using the Pikmin was certainly quite fun. It was quite varied in environments, and they were pretty appealing. Damn, that music. It was quite a fine one. Man-at-Legs was quite a boss. The others were certainly not too bad, barring a few(never really liked Snagrets).

Top 10 List, Yoshi876 style (which is like everyone else's)

10. Digimon World - I loved Digimon as a kid, I loved this game. I loved running around with my own Digimon slowly fixing up the town, and yeah I always got Tyrannomon, but it was my Tyrannomon and I used it to kill everything, and also complete something on my first attempt that my older siblings never accomplished until after I did 8)

9. Spore - Would be higher if I played it recently, but I loved the game, could complete all the way to Space Stage in about an hour tops, and then I would just create a giant space empire, which kind of screwed over my other races, but hey, I never played those ones much anyway. Omnivore for the win!

8. Kirby's Return to Dreamland - My first (and only) console Kirby game, and I loved it. Water was a really fun power and hopefully it'll make it's return, I liked the Super Abilities, and some of Onion Ocean's music was some of the best music ever committed to a disc.

7. Pokemon Conquest - Really fun game, I absolutely adore it, and should probably start playing it again more.

6. Main series Pokemon - I can't really choose between any of these games, I love them all. I generally like the ideas they come up with for the Pokemon designs. Yeah, sure the battle system is repetitive and the storyline hasn't really changed that much, but I can still find myself getting absorbed into it game after game after game. Third gen might be favourite because it introduced Duskull <3

5. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - The only Elder Scrolls game I've actually properly played, and I loved it. Running around as an Argonian with the Grey Fox mask was awesome, as was when I decided to be another race just so I could be a vampire. I absolutely loved that game, and how relaxing the music was. Shame I can't play it anymore because I'll probably end up crying since I link this game with my late granddad.

4. Dynasty Warriors V Empires - I loved this game, and would play it loads on my bro's Xbox 360. I loved how they separated all the battles from the campaign from DW5 into actual places of China and how the map evolved as the story mode kind of did. I also loved how instead of playing as the campaign characters from DW5 you could also play as the generic ones. And I may have also loved capturing someone's ruler and then having them executed.

3. Kirby Super Star Ultra - Yep, another Kirby game. This game is ultra super. I love the abilities, although I hate that Mirror has never returned, I enjoy the game modes (although Gourmet Race isn't one that I play through that often), and I do enjoy the mechanic of Milky Way Wishes, other than putting Mirror on the final bloody planet.

2. Animal Crossing: Wild World - Basically my childhood in a nutshell, even though it can get quite repetitive I would be able to sit down and spend an entire day just playing this game, be it fishing, catching insects or pissing a villager off by talking to them so much that they no longer wanted to talk to you :P

1. Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island - A massive shock for all, I adore this game. I picked it up when I was about 9/10, and not a year has gone by that I never played it. I love the levels, I love the art style, I love the music, I love the enemies, I love the Yoshi and the transformations. The final boss music is one of the best ever, and the rest of the bosses were pretty awesome, even with that Naval Piranha trick. Plus this game got me into the Mario series as a whole.

Back