Movies you hate (Rant Thread)

Disaster Movie.

I never watched it, but that steaming pile of shicosky made millions of dollars. How in the existence of this loving Earth did that happen? I saw the reviews of it, and I decided that it's better to complain about it that watch it and risk my sanity and minutes of my life.

Also, any Twilight movie.

All Twilight movies never deserved a single penny of the box office money.

Red Boo said:
For me, Monsters, Inc. is kinda hated because every one appears to have Penneys clothing of it around here.

I have no idea what the ---- you're saying.

You hate merchandising, eh? Well, Cars 2 is even worse than Monsters U. But really, ever since Disney took over, we get a ton of merchandising from every Pixar movie release, maybe except Brave. I hate Disney as a corporation.

I dunno, hating a movie because of the merchandising is a pretty weak reason to hate a movie, isn't it?

twilight
underworld, rise of the lycans
all transformers live action movies
matrix revolution
the american
spider-man 3
some of the hulk live action movies
iron-man 2
a good chunk of batman movies
cars
star wars prequels

....there a lot of movies i hate i might list them later but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Zae said:
all transformers live action movies

Anything by Micheal Bay sucks period

Me and my Dad once saw a film called John Carter, it was crap. Cars 2 and Brave didn't impress much.

I'm hoping Toy Story OF TERROR will be good, Cars 2 and Brave weren't very good, Cars 2 was more James Bond style than Racing and Brave's plot wasn't interesting.

Cars 2
Alice in Wonderland (the Disney animated one)
The Grapes of Wrath
Lion King 2
Mulan 2

all i can think of atm

Brave felt like anything but Pixar, Pixar should not do Medieval films with humans that have no super powers.

nsymon said:
Brave felt like anything but Pixar, Pixar should not do Medieval films with humans that have no super powers.

im pretty sure thats not what made it bad lmao

Avatar: Whilst there is no denying it's a good film, it's far too long, the majority of it is unnecessary in my opinion and everyone knew what was going to happen about 5 minutes in

am i the only one here who liked Brave

ive never seen it lol

cant say im interested but im generally not interested in movies

Godzilla 1998

Good fucking God. I am ashamed to be born in the same year that this came out. This "film", if you could even call it that, is probably the worst thing I've ever seen. This is coming from a DBZ fan who sat through Dragonball Evolution. While DBE is probably worse from a movie making stand point, DBZ is still an extremely successful franchise. However, the American Godzilla film has completely RUINED Godzilla here in the states. There are three types of people. The first group of people know about the Godzilla series and recognize that their are several good movies about the character. Unfortunately, this is the smallest group. The second group of people assume that all Godzilla films are cheesy and all follow the same plotline. While some Godzilla movies are bad, several of the films, especially the original. The original Godzilla movie is number one in my Top 10 favorite movies. That list also consists of films like The Dark Knight and Ghostbusters. The third group of people are the one's who have only seen the American film and associate Godzilla with it. I've seriously come across people who hate the originals because they're Japanese and love 98 one because it's American. WHAT. THE. HELL. I don't know what TriStar was thinking by letting Dean Delvin and Roland Emmerich, the guys behind shitty films like Stargate and Independence Day, direct this. Emmerich has even said that he doesn't like the series and considers the old films bad and thinks his film is much better. BULLSHIT! You think a standard, run of the mill disaster film is better than a masterpiece like Gojira? Hell no. Besides, the kaiju in the movie looks and acts nothing like Godzilla. He looks like a T. Rex and runs away from the military. He also lays eggs. BULLSHIT! Godzilla stands upright, he doesn't lay eggs, and obliterates the military. It seems Americans can't comprehend the possibility of something not being defeated by their military.

To give an analogy, this film is like Joel Shaumacher making five Batman films, all in the style of Batman and Robin. I've gone on long enough. Bottom line, the movie sucks. Let's just all pray that Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film is much more faithful.

I don't necessarily hate the film, but it irks me how JJ Abrams blew up the whole previous Star Trek continuity in the prequel films.

Smitty. Overly sentimental and moralizing.

nsymon said:
oh no a movie studio trying something different
it's not like any of the other movies have any clear connection between them that doesn't revolve around a bunch of bs
Bowser45 said:
am i the only one here who liked Brave
it wasn't so bad

also the Percy Jackson movie was awful

Otachi said:
Godzilla 1998

Good *bleep*ing God. I am ashamed to be born in the same year that this came out. This "film", if you could even call it that, is probably the worst thing I've ever seen. This is coming from a DBZ fan who sat through Dragonball Evolution. While DBE is probably worse from a movie making stand point, DBZ is still an extremely successful franchise. However, the American Godzilla film has completely RUINED Godzilla here in the states. There are three types of people. The first group of people know about the Godzilla series and recognize that their are several good movies about the character. Unfortunately, this is the smallest group. The second group of people assume that all Godzilla films are cheesy and all follow the same plotline. While some Godzilla movies are bad, several of the films, especially the original. The original Godzilla movie is number one in my Top 10 favorite movies. That list also consists of films like The Dark Knight and Ghostbusters. The third group of people are the one's who have only seen the American film and associate Godzilla with it. I've seriously come across people who hate the originals because they're Japanese and love 98 one because it's American. WHAT. THE. HELL. I don't know what TriStar was thinking by letting Dean Delvin and Roland Emmerich, the guys behind *bleep*ty films like Stargate and Independence Day, direct this. Emmerich has even said that he doesn't like the series and considers the old films bad and thinks his film is much better. BULL*bleep*! You think a standard, run of the mill disaster film is better than a masterpiece like Gojira? Hell no. Besides, the kaiju in the movie looks and acts nothing like Godzilla. He looks like a T. Rex and runs away from the military. He also lays eggs. BULL*bleep*! Godzilla stands upright, he doesn't lay eggs, and obliterates the military. It seems Americans can't comprehend the possibility of something not being defeated by their military.

To give an analogy, this film is like Joel Shaumacher making five Batman films, all in the style of Batman and Robin. I've gone on long enough. Bottom line, the movie sucks. Let's just all pray that Legendary Pictures' Godzilla film is much more faithful.

Why did I have a feeling you would rant about this movie? :)

Hell, even Toho thinks that pathetic thing is a different monster.

How right that are. They call it Zilla. It doesn't deserve the title "God". Even then, Zilla sounds too close. Several fans call him GINO. It's an acronym for Godzilla In Name Only.

Maybe I should rant about Dragon Ball Evolution next, or the Last Airbender movie when I eventually see it.

Why not, it's fun to rant about movies that crush the fan's expectations (in a bad way of course)

Back