NINTENDO NEWS THREAD

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (RIP Satoru Iwata)

well doesn't mean we'll see it happen.

It would be nice to finally not be locked out of Schadenfreude and shit during multiplayer games

I hope they make an Xenoblade bundle, since that's the reason I want a New 3DS. A Fire Emblem Fates bundle would be nice too.

stealth pikmin 4 announcement

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion

Fuck everything else this is important

Pikmin 4 is very close to completion? Why couldn't they announce it at E3 then?

It's possible that they were in crunch time?

They probably wanted to hold off at a better time when it's closer to it's release, since Pikmin 3 they were like "coming out with Wii U" and then was delayed for almost a year. It'll be cool to have Pikmin 4 for next year though, and will mirror Pikmin 1 and 2 with the 3 year difference.

"guy looks like a yakuza boss" -gematsu comment section

I looked at his Wikipedia Article. Apparently his main game credits were every Mario Party after 4 and before 9, as well as the first Metroid Prime. Though interestingly enough he also lives in the US. (In Washington of course given the HQ for Nintendo of America is Seattle) he was also once president of Nintendo of America before Reggie was as well as head of the US sector of the Pokemon company.

It seems strange they're appointing someone who mainly led things in the West as opposed to someone who lives in Japan. But maybe this will lead to more nods to those outside of Japan if someone here is the new director of all of Nintendo.

Of course we shouldn't judge yet how he'll do. He definitely has a little more experience being a President then he has in game resume. I think he'll do a fine job though.

Lakituthequick said:
Northern Verve said:
(In Washington of course given the HQ for Nintendo of America is Seattle)
Isn't NoA settled in Redmond?

Yes it is. I actually drove past it one time

Huzzah

Also, I have hopes for Kimishima being president.

iwata was one the main reasons why i would watch a nintendo direct but i'm gald its counting because it allows these were alaways opportunities to hear more news

Pi said:
Can't wait to get the latest Nintendo news delivered to me by an ex-member of the Yakuza.
nintendo, out of options, resorts to desperate measures to get people to play their games

"Iwata gave me no instructions how to run the company."

>inb4 sells them to his yakuza buddies

Back