NINTENDO NEWS THREAD

[quote author=Iwata]

Nintendo and DeNA will jointly develop and operate gaming applications for smart devices in global markets.[/quote]

This is exceptionally bad.

Smart devices suck, and I don't want to be forced to buy one by some japanese company

EDIT: please tell me NX is not that weird life quality console project thing

Trying not to jump to conclusions. But I imagine the gist is that Nintendo is planning to have some smartphone apps in the near future but still continuing to make new consoles?

What's the big deal then? Nintendo's just getting more profit from this as they sell official stuff through Smartphones. And they even rest assure in that whole thing that they're not turning away from consoles. This is just a business move that will likely bring more financial gain to Nintendo.

I don't understand why people think Nintendo going mobile is the worst thing in the world? It's not like they have been turned into 3rd party developers working only for smartphones, they still will work on games we all know and love. I trust they will charge a reasonable price for smaller games. I don't see anything wrong with it unless they involve ----ty microtransactions and other ----- in their phone games.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't understand why people think Nintendo going mobile is the worst thing in the world? It's not like they have been turned into 3rd party developers working only for smartphones, they still will work on games we all know and love. I trust they will charge a reasonable price for smaller games. I don't see anything wrong with it unless they involve ----ty ***************** and other ----- in their phone games.
Fixed.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't understand why people think Nintendo going mobile is the worst thing in the world? It's not like they have been turned into 3rd party developers working only for smartphones, they still will work on games we all know and love. I trust they will charge a reasonable price for smaller games. I don't see anything wrong with it unless they involve ----ty microtransactions and other ----- in their phone games.

They are giving themselves to the dark side of electronic entertainment

Just as long they don't see Pokemon Shuffle as a success that needs to be emulated in more games...

Lumastar said:
Watch their first game be the best Mario Party in years.

Well that wouldn't be too hard.

You know, we somewhat dreaded DLC with Nintendo, and they made it in the right way that we actually enjoy their DLC. We worried about the Amiibos because of Skylanders and shit, but they made it to where it is not that bad and not required to play the game, but more of special outfits and some non-main modes, as well as being worth the money by letting them for more than one game.

Nintendo wants to avoid mistakes that other companies have made with Smartphones, so I doubt they'll just put some crappy games out or anything like that. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Also, it's interesting that after they announced the NX and the smartphone stuff, Nintendo stocks have soared. It went from 14,155.00 to 20,780.00, which is about a 27% surge.

Lapis Lazuli said:
Also, it's interesting that after they announced the NX and the smartphone stuff, Nintendo stocks have soared. It went from 14,155.00 to 20,780.00, which is about a 27% surge.

That is sad because it shows how much of a stake people see in the smartphone gaming industry

which is still an evil market

The only real issue I have with smartphone games are microtransactions. I don't get why people see them as the enemy, they are still much less powerful than handheld systems.

Only 2015 games at this year's E3 for Nintendo

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/28/nintendo-says-e3-will-just-be-focussed-on-wii-u-2015-games/

I'm kinda wondering if we're not having no major direct this month is because of the same situation with how there was barely anything last year in March. But then we got the first Smash Bros. direct in April. Could that be what's happening? Nintendo waiting til' next month to reveal when Mewtwo releases both for those who are eligible to get him free and whoever only ones one version and wants to buy him?

As well as of course what all the stages are to the 2nd Mario Kart 8 DLC pack

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (RIP Satoru Iwata)

Here's the EU release dates of 3DS and Wii U games releasing later this year:

http://streetpass-germany.de/2015/pm-non-stop-neuheiten-fuer-wii-u-und-nintendo-3ds/

(article on german, scroll down until the tables)

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (RIP Satoru Iwata)

Porky Minch said:
Here's the EU release dates of 3DS and Wii U games releasing later this year:

http://streetpass-germany.de/2015/pm-non-stop-neuheiten-fuer-wii-u-und-nintendo-3ds/

(article on german, scroll down until the tables)
Remind me not to exist on September 25th.

Back