NINTENDO NEWS THREAD

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (NX: March 2017 GLOBALLY)

time to not sleep

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (NX: March 2017 GLOBALLY, Reveal Tomorrow at 7AM PT)

inb4 console name is wii x and the controller is a fucking christmas tree or something equally weird and gimmicky

I'll be working during this

So this is how it ends huh?

I need to stay up 'til 10pm AWST.

Welp, time to set up my "Hype Starter Pack" gifs from neogaf.

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (Nintendo Switch: March 2017 GLOBALLY, No News 'til 2017)

So, I just saw a video about the new Nintendo Switch thingamabob. I haven't seen too much of the games for it yet, but even though I tend to be super cynical about anything Nintendo does nowadays, I can already see two big positives about what was revealed:

One, the new console is NOT named after a bodily excretion for once.

And two, it looks like an actual game machine instead of a DS stapled to a home console, or a weird waggle stick.

I actually kinda like that. Please go on.

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (Nintendo Switch: March 2017, Specs to be revealed Jan. 12)

So Japan recently had a mini direct focusing on a new game, Miitopia

It's essentially what would happen if Tomodachi Life suddenly became an RPG, you pick a class (Idol, Cat, Demon, Chef and Tank are some options) and fight a demon king who is stealing your miis faces to put on his own demons. It looks like Denpa Men or Bravely Default in how the fights work it seems, but also has shipping elements and stuff because lol. Since I actually like Miis this interests me tangentially but I doubt it will get a localisation this late into the 3DS' life (I mean Tomodachi Life took a year or so), which sucks ;_;. It'd make for a good forum thread though if it ever came west.

Re: NINTENDO NEWS THREAD (Nintendo Switch: March 2017, Specs to be revealed Jan. 12)

is this irl anime?????

it was real after all??

Hououin Kyouma said:
is this irl anime?????

it was real after all??
>you will never fawn for senpai from afar and make a mii of him as your love interest in an rpg

oh yes i forgot to mention the direct is formatted around the daily life of this japanese office woman and she assigns the characters in her RPG accordingly (nice helpful co-worker = secondary protag/assistant/frederick, senpai = love interest, old man = old man, mean boss = demon king) and like all mii-related things its very weird

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271355-nintendo-hosting-treehouse-live-event-on-jan-13th-for-switch-gam

osnap

Are you guys ready for the glorious return of the Rabbids??!

well i'll be sleeping through that :P

Baby Luigi said:
well i'll be sleeping through that :P
at least if you manage to wake up early enough you can watch it, i'm at school during that time

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Are you guys ready for the glorious return of the Rabbids??!
Yes. >_< and See what the game looks like when it's played on t-the switch.

I will be sleeping during the direct and have work the following day. Must resist the temptation to watch the direct during work... or not.

Cirdec said:
I will be sleeping during the direct and have work the following day. Must resist the temptation to watch the direct during work... or not.

>sleeping through the direct

You are weak

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271440-switch-live-stream-presentation-to-be-an-hour-long

When your time zone is in Australia, and you're wondering whether there will be time to sleep on Friday night.

Mienshao said:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/271440-switch-live-stream-presentation-to-be-an-hour-long

My dick

Its gonna be a comfy 3pm over here tomorrow

sleep tight pizza

Oh, right. Well rip probably. Gotta travel to my sisters wedding tomorrow. The hotel I'm staying at might have free wifi if we get there before 3, depends on how traffic in Melbourne feels like being.

I guess I can just check reddit on my phone afterwards anyway if I miss it.

Less than 12 hours!

Trying to be not visit Nintendo Everything for more than 10 hours, but I can't resist.

I still have like three hours worth of prediction/hopes/whathaveyou talk video's on my watchlist.

Probably won't watch them all before then let alone afterwards.

Welp, but my alarm is set for 4:50, let's bring it.

I changed my mind, screw sleep, I will wake up at 5AM to watch it.

Back