What sound irritates you the most?

"What a beautiful girl!"

yes, but its also a very sexist joke, so don't

this sort of ringing sound I hear occasionally in complete silence, less because it's annoying (although it is) and more because it scares the shit out of me since that's usually an early sign of tinnitus. And the very last thing I ever want is to have impaired hearing in any form.

Crocodile Dippy said:
this sort of ringing sound I hear occasionally in complete silence, less because it's annoying (although it is) and more because it scares the shit out of me since that's usually an early sign of tinnitus. And the very last thing I ever want is to have impaired hearing in any form.
I hear this almost all the time, and it is the worst thing. I usually have a fan or something to drown it out, it is near impossible to sleep without white noise of some sort.

FINALLY OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE IT

I have it too... I thought it was normal until recently. I need my fan on to sleep too.

There is a certain type of cloth... they tend to make pencil cases and the inside of jackets out of it. Hearing the sound of nails scraping over it drives me insane. Just touching that sort of surface makes me feel uncomfortable, to the point that I can't wear jackets made out of the stuff without being on edge all the time.

The same goes for plastic surfaces with like, really fine ribbing. You find those on some bottle caps. Terrible. Why are things like these made. :'(

Crocodile Dippy said:

I get this too and thought it was normal because it seems to go away after a while

is it going away or am I just zoning it out

I've read that occasional, short (like for a few minutes) lasting tinnitus is normal. It's nothing worth stressing over.

Nails on a chalkboard. UGH.

Besides that... White noise. As in when there IS NO NOISE BLURRING IN MY EAR. I hate that severely and my ears are "sensitive" to that. I would never be able to sleep if not for something blurring in my ears...

Also, when people chew so loud it can be heard.

EDIT: Wait... Uhh... What is white noise...exactly? I had the wrong understanding of this for years...didn't I?

Pulling out the top drawer of my freezer tends to make a pretty annoying noise.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that white noise stuff is always there.

Um, popping balloons for me. Also popping bubble wrap. Weird, huh, I can't stand bubble wrap because of it.

Also people cracking their knuckles.

Purple Yoshi said:
Also people cracking their knuckles.

I REALLY couldn't stand that noise either

The sound of the Robust Cicadas in Animal Crossing: New Leaf when it's NOT raining. It drives me insane. Oh and the sound rough surfaces make when it makes contact with something.

Back