Collaboration: Template Names

Megadardery is here, "I finished Mario Party DS and I will take Mario Party Advance and then get some sleep"

Drift said:
Drift said:
Thought I might give a heads-up before going on another editing spree; I'm going to be replacing links from Template:Super Mario Bros. 3.
^Done, all that's left is for an admin to delete the redirect
It wasn't even finished... but no matter, I just went and fished it off and deleted the redirect.

Walkazo said:
Sounds good (I'm almost done the original SMB link replacing meself).

Time Turner said:
My proposal has had a bunch of repercussions that I never thought of.
That's the danger of open-ended proposals - now you see why I didn't support even though I agree that a lot of names could do for regulation. Of course, a lot of the changes had to (or should) be made eventually anyway (replacing crappy names, merging various templates, fixing orders, etc.), so as long as we give ourselves wiggle room, it should work out for the better.
  • I would've preferred if the main post of the topic had goals and tasks to do right at the start to reduce the confusion immensely.
  • I went in and thought: "That's the whole list?", and then I scrolled down and saw Walkazo's list and got confused.
  • While I was tackling Template:Gadd by replacing it with Template:Gaddgets, I didn't realize the content has to be merged to Template:MPA until Walkazo just halted me in time.
  • I like projects that have structure, and a clear goal line, and how to reach it; those that don't have it will lose track of progress.
Drift said:
lOMZ1zm.png

I've never seen an editing pattern like this...
Hahaha! It's as if you guys are bots yourselves! I barely appear on that because I took more than on maintaining the pages themselves than just replacing the template name.

Perhaps the first post can be edited, with templates we decided not to move slashed out, and moved templates being checked off with "done" messages or something (or both types could be taken out or moved to separate lists or whatever).

Walkazo said:
Perhaps the first post can be edited, with templates we decided not to move slashed out, and moved templates being checked off with "done" messages or something (or both types could be taken out or moved to separate lists or whatever).
Like I said, I'm busy. Feel free to edit my post yourself.

Actually, I was literally just about to do them (been planning to since yesterday)...

Walkazo said:
Actually, I was literally just about to do them (been planning to since yesterday)...
OK, then sorry to butt in. (I kind of announced last-minute)

Well, I didn't announce it yet, so it's not like you could've known.

Also, I added some more templates to the list, and upon further reflection, it's also probably fine to abbreviate things like "Hotel Mario" and "Mario Pinball Land" after all, since this is going really fast, and we have worse templates already ("WBFB", anyone?).

I'm gonna take Template:JBK, i merged it (sort of). Now since walkazo is great with Navigation templates stuff. could you check this

EDIT:Barrel Blast need to be merged with DKBB not moved to

EDIT 2:
I toke those
Time Turner said:
Template:WarioWare: D.I.Y. Microgames (Will become "Template:WWDIY Microgames")
Template:WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase Microgames (Will become "Template:WWDIYS Microgames")
Template:WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Will become "Template:WWSM")
I will take those:
Time Turner said:
Template:WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! (Will become "Template:WWIMM")
Template:WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! Microgames (Will become "Template:WWIMM Microgames")
Template:WarioWare: D.I.Y. (Will become "Template:WWDIY")
Template:WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Will become "Template:WWSM")

Megadardery said:
I'm gonna take Template:JBK, i merged it (sort of). Now since walkazo is great with Navigation templates stuff. could you check this

EDIT:Barrel Blast need to be merged with DKBB not moved to
Mosty good, but I tweaked it a bit.

D'oh. I fixed the list accordingly.

I still don't quite understand what's wrong with moving the galaxy templates. Yes, their structure is unique, but what difference does that make for their names?

Megadardery said:
I said I will do it (read my post above)
derp...OK, all I did was move the template and replace a few links, so the majority of them need to be fixed, which you could do.

no, you start it you finish it. I don't like to continue what other users started. beside, It is soooooooo late here Kinda like 3:30 AM, just leave the others I mentioned on your talk. Thanks for understanding

Megadardery said:
no, you start it you finish it. I don't like to continue what other users started. beside, It is soooooooo late here Kinda like 3:30 AM, just leave the others I mentioned on your talk. Thanks for understanding
OK

Time Turner said:
I still don't quite understand what's wrong with moving the galaxy templates. Yes, their structure is unique, but what difference does that make for their names?
The unique design gives us extra wiggle room to keep the current names, which are actually shorter and simpler than if we add the game abbreviation (whereas most of the names are getting shortened or having non-standard abbreviations fixed, which are improvements). Plus, not moving the names avoids the question of "why is it SMG Galaxies instead of "SMG Levels like all the other templates?" "Why is is blue instead of the standard SM red?" And other nitpicky things like that.

As I said before, weird combinations of abbreviations and full names should be avoided. If we were going to shorten them, merely calling them "Template:Touched" and "Template:Twisted" would make more sense, but simply sticking with the full names seems like a perfectly reasonable option too.

Walkazo said:
If we were going to shorten them, merely calling them "Template:Touched" and "Template:Twisted" would make more sense, but simply sticking with the full names seems like a perfectly reasonable option too.
Oh yeah, looking good. But I still prefer shorten names. However this is my opinion only.

Megadardery said:
NSMB Wii to NSMBW?
PM2 to PMTTYD? better known as the later, used also in PMTTYD Items.
Seems like a fair way to go.

Back