Collaboration: Template Names

Let me tackle PM2. This is my proposal, and I haven't done squat yet.

Actually, I've been thinking that we should change the existing M&L templates, since none of the other series have colons between the series name and the specific name. We could also incorporating the missing ampersand at the same time. So {{ML:SS}}, {{ML:BIS}} and {{ML:DT}} would become {{M&LSS}}, {{M&LBIS}} and {{M&LDT}}, and {{PiT}} would go straight to {{M&LPiT}}.

And for consistency, then we'd change the Mario & Sonic templates from {{MASATOG}} and {{MASATOWG}} to {{M&SatOG}} and {{M&SatOWG}}, with {{M&SATLOG}} just needing to be lowercased to {{M&SatLOG}}.

I've always found it a bit awkward to have minuscule letters in between capital ones in template names. I know that it makes sense to do that, but... is there anything wrong with just capitalizing everything?

Walkazo said:
And for consistency, then we'd change the Mario & Sonic templates from {{MASATOG}} and {{MASATOWG}} to {{M&SatOG}} and {{M&SatOWG}}, with {{M&SATLOG}} just needing to be lowercased to {{M&SatLOG}}.
That's what I have been thinking in. I was just about to open discussion. Because I couldn't guess it

Time Turner said:
I've always found it a bit awkward to have minuscule letters in between capital ones in template names. I know that it makes sense to do that, but... is there anything wrong with just capitalizing everything?
I See your opinion, but Small letters between capital letters at least shows the different {{M&SATLOG}} makes me feel like it is Mario & SAT? ...

I wouldn't recommend {{M&S@LOG}}. but just an idea.

I just sounded them out in my head ("mass-a-tog", "mass-a-towg", "M-'n-satlog") and it eventually became memorized, because yeah, it's not something you can just guess with ease.

On the one hand, all caps looks neater, but as Megadardery said, having long names like "MASATLOG" broken up into "M&SatLOG" makes it a bit easier to follow. Plus, staying faithful to the title's style, including using "&"s instead of "A" or "a", might make it easier for folks to remember or guess the names. And if you're already breaking the caps up with an ampersand, might as well go all in.

Update?
Template:KoS (Template:KoS) (Will become "Template:DK:KoS")
Template:Barrel Blast (Merge with "Template:DKBB")
Template:MFb (Split into "Template:MSC" and "Template:Super Mario Strikers")
here goes new templates, after discussing them
Template:Battlecourses (Will become "Template:MK Battle Courses")
Template:Fortune Street (Will become "Template:FS")
Template:Galaxy (Will become "Template:SMG Galaxies")
Template:Galaxy2 (Will become "Template:SMG2 Galaxies")
Template:Game & Wario (Will become "Template:G&Wario")
Template:Game & Watch (Will become "Template:G&Watch")
Template:Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (Will become "Template:MH3on3"? Maybe?)
Template:Subspacearmy (Will become "Template:SSBB Subspace Army")
Template:Super Mario RPG (Will become "Template:SMBRPG")
Template:Super Mario World TV (Will become"Template:SMWTV")
Template:Gadd (Merged with Template:MPA)
Template:Hotel Mario (Became "Template:HM")
Template:Mario Golf Courses (Merged with game-based templates)
Template:Mario Party 1 (Became "Template:MP1 Minigames")
Template:Mario Party 2 (Became "Template:MP2 Minigames")
Template:Mario Party 3 (Became "Template:MP3 Minigames")
Template:Mario Party 4 (Became "Template:MP4 Minigames")
Template:Mario Party 5 (Became "Template:MP5 Minigames")
Template:Mario Party 6 (Became "Template:MP6 Minigames")
Template:Mario Party 7 (Became "Template:MP7 Minigames")
Template:Mario Party 8 (Became "Template:MP8 Minigames")
Template:Mario Party 9 (Became "Template:MP9 Minigames")
Template:Mario Party Advance (Became "Template:MPA Minigames")
Template:Mario Party DS Minigames (Became "Template:MPDS Minigames")
Template:Mario Pinball Land (Became "Template:MPL")
Template:Mario Super Sluggers (Became "Template:MSS")
Template:Mario Superstar Baseball (Became "Template:MSB")
Template:Special Shots (Merged with "Template:Mario Hoops 3-on-3")
Template:Super Mario Bros. (Became "Template:SMB")
Template:Super Mario Bros. 3 (Became "Template:SMB3")
Template:Superpapermarioitem (Became "Template:SPM Items")
Template:WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! (Became "Template:WWIMM")
Template:WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! Microgames (Became "Template:WWIMM Microgames")
Template:WarioWare: D.I.Y. (Became "Template:WWDIY")
Template:WarioWare: D.I.Y. Microgames (Became "Template:WWDIY Microgames")
Template:WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase Microgames (Becamee "Template:WWDIYS Microgames")
Template:WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Became "Template:WWSM")
Template:WarioWare: Smooth Moves Microgames (Became "Template:WWSM Microgames")
Template:JBK (Merged with Template:DKJB)
Template:Yoshi's Island DS (Became "Template:YIDS")

EDIT: Does Template:KoS apply to the same discussion that walkazo started?
EDIT 2: Could Walkazo check Template:DKBB for me?

Done the TTYD template! Also, Walkazo, you have a lot of links to broken templates in your Essays page. Perhaps you should edit it?

Let's finish the navigation template project first: infoboxes are a whole 'nuther kettle of fish altogether.

Time Turner said:
Also, Walkazo, you have a lot of links to broken templates in your Essays page. Perhaps you should edit it?
I'll clean it up whenever; it's just a userspace page, so it doesn't matter how red-linky it is.

Megadardery said:
Update?

EDIT: Does Template:KoS apply to the same discussion that walkazo started?
EDIT 2: Could Walkazo check Template:DKBB for me?
Updated (I just posted your quote, plus slashes for the cancelled ones and a different "more stuff pending" message). PM:TTYD and the colon ones aren't up there yet, but I'm a little pressed for time, so I'll try to get around to that on the weekend or something.

Yeah, Template:DKKoS should be the rename now; I changed the first post accordingly.

Done.

Excellent, I'm gonna take Template:KoS. By the way, I already taken Template:Barrel Blast, Walkazo, please delete the redirect and mark it as done on the collab.

EDIT: Done. now mark Template:KoS as done too

EDIT2:
Template:MFb (Split into "Template:MSC" and "Template:Super Mario Strikers")
I'm gonna split it, but..

May I ask, why Mario Strikers Charged is shorten and Super Mario Strikers Is not? I know it may be confused with Super Mario Sunshine, but Super Mario Sunshine is already moved to SMSS. Beside, it looks very weird to have one template short and one template long (in the same series)

{{SMSS}} is kinda aberrant already, and should probably be changed itself.

I considered saying one "SMS" game could be {{Sunshine}} while the other gets named {{Strikers}}, so keep 'em short, like the {{Twisted}}/{{Touched}} idea before, but I worried there could be confusion about the game-vs-overall-series ambiguity of plain "Strikers", and overall, it's still not as straightforward as just using the full names of games that overlap or don't lend themselves to shortening. That's why I just defaulted to the full name; I would have removed the template from the list altogether to think about it some more, but {{MFb}} is so horrible, it needs to be dealt with one way or another, the sooner the better.

I still feel like the full name would be best. Same with {{Super Mario Sunshine}}, {{Yoshi's Safari}}, {{Yoshi's Story}}, {{WarioWare:Twisted!}} and {{WarioWare:Touched!}}.

I had to double post, because this seems dead. I finished all in "To do". Could someone add "SMSS" to "Super Mario Sunshine" to the list?

Yeah, the TV stuff's a mess. I ran out of time to decide what to do to them last time I went through the nav templates and left the SMWTV one slashed out until I had time to come back to it. I figured doing the "Tem:ABBREVIATION Whatever" would be the best way to deal with all the show stuff, but SMWTV having so few episodes made me wonder if it'd be better to just merge that one. Anyway, the list is as follows:

Template:TAoSMB3 to "Template:TAoSMB3 Episodes"
Template:The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 to "Template:TAoSMB3"
Template:SMBSS to "Template:TSMBSS Episodes"
Template:The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! Animated to "Template:TSMBSS Animated"
Template:The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! Live to "Template:TSMBSS Live"
Template:SMWTV to "Template:SMWTV Episodes"
Template:Super Mario World TV to "Template:SMWTV"

All of these will have to be moved (NOT cut-and-paste). Remember that both the episode and main templates should go on the episode pages.

Back